Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
He was not a disappointment tonight. We did not lose because of him. JB's comment that "the wrong player got the ball" and that he had no faith in Roberson making those free throws does not reflect the fan bases opinion.

Tyler Roberson got that rebound and was playing to win. What else can you ask from someone?

I'll argue with anyone, I think his play decline is a result of not only JB relentlessly bashing his character/play, but our guards classic inability to take advantage of a player that plays above the rim. If We have aggressive guards that attack the rim and find the open men (Thompson/Roberson/Lydon) downlow? Roberson averages 8 to 10 points a game and 10 boards this year if that's the case.

Say what you will about this kid mentally falling apart, but he played to win tonight and I just think any question of his character is bush league.

I had faith that he had a shot to tie it up, and I'm proud of him for going after that board and at least giving us a chance.

It's hard to say. Too many times Robey can't make a simple catch or blows a layup as well.

Still, I agree about tonight. He gave good effort and seemed pretty plugged in. He's just not a good bball player (still), IMO.

He was not a disappointment tonight. We did not lose because of him. JB's comment that "the wrong player got the ball" and that he had no faith in Roberson making those free throws does not reflect the fan bases opinion.

Tyler Roberson got that rebound and was playing to win. What else can you ask from someone?

I'll argue with anyone, I think his play decline is a result of not only JB relentlessly bashing his character/play, but our guards classic inability to take advantage of a player that plays above the rim. If We have aggressive guards that attack the rim and find the open men (Thompson/Roberson/Lydon) downlow? Roberson averages 8 to 10 points a game and 10 boards this year if that's the case.

Say what you will about this kid mentally falling apart, but he played to win tonight and I just think any question of his character is bush league.

I had faith that he had a shot to tie it up, and I'm proud of him for going after that board and at least giving us a chance.
His play as a senior overall has been one of the most disappointing in a while. He didn't lose this game for them...but he doesn't do anything as a senior to put them in a position to win. Last year there were games where you could see in his eyes he was getting a rebound. This year it just doesn't seem the same. I wanted him to succeed cause the guy is gifted but it isn't ever going to happen here.

This board is notorious for overreacting to a player's performance.

JB kills Roberson way more than any other fan does.

I think that says a lot.

Can't be a good look to family's of recruits watching JB's pressers.

He has to understand himself a bit more. He needs to know that the only way he helps us at the end is if he goes up and dunks that ball hard. If he doesn't make the bucket, he knows he isn't hitting the free throws. He needs to get mean. I just don't think that's who he is.

He's just not a good bball player (still), IMO.

Tyler Roberson is an all-purpose athlete who probably chose basketball because he is tall. If he was 6'2", he would be on the SU football team. He's just not a natural basketball player, but he gets by because he's such a truly superb athlete.

I'll say it- I had zero faith he would make the free throws.

But that said... Of all the people to get fouled there, it is mostly unfortunate not because it missed a chance to tie, but you know he's already lacking a ton of confidence out there and this can't help.

Some people have said that we needed taurean in there at that point... Maybe we don't even get a rebound if that's the substitution.

He has to understand himself a bit more. He needs to know that the only way he helps us at the end is if he goes up and dunks that ball hard. If he doesn't make the bucket, he knows he isn't hitting the free throws. He needs to get mean. I just don't think that's who he is.
Tell me again how he was going to dunk that while dudes were all over him? That would be quite the move from the guy our coach has no faith in.

His play as a senior overall has been one of the most disappointing in a while. He didn't lose this game for them...but he doesn't do anything as a senior to put them in a position to win. Last year there were games where you could see in his eyes he was getting a rebound. This year it just doesn't seem the same. I wanted him to succeed cause the guy is gifted but it isn't ever going to happen here.

That may all be true, but it doesn't warrant JB's comments on Roberson being soft or whatever else he's said. Roberson still battles. He does look lost at times, but the kid does show heart.

Make him a starter! DOES NOT respond well to coming off bench...just mo

It's not who he is.

And just going up in traffic and dunking on a 7 footer while a guy is fouling you from behind just isn't that easy.

I'll say it- I had zero faith he would make the free throws.

But that said... Of all the people to get fouled there, it is mostly unfortunate not because it missed a chance to tie, but you know he's already lacking a ton of confidence out there and this can't help.

Some people have said that we needed taurean in there at that point... Maybe we don't even get a rebound if that's the substitution.

I don't think anyone was getting that rebound except maybe White but he wouldn't be in that situation.

Tell me again how he was going to dunk that while dudes were all over him? That would be quite the move from the guy our coach has no faith in.

When he took the shot, he was fading off to the left. I just want him to go straight up and challenge Mahmoud in that situation, because he's either going to get blocked or fouled, and that means no points.

Rak would have gone right through that kid to finish that shot. Especially his senior year.

I've been a little disappointed with TR's overall performance this year but I thought JB was out of line with those comments.
Kinda out of line but he HAS to try something to light a fire under his arse

It's not who he is.

And just going up in traffic and dunking on a 7 footer while a guy is fouling you from behind just isn't that easy.

I agree. But it's the only way he scores points in that situation, and it's what we needed. We need a mean dude down low.

Wonder what JB says if other classic dog house players get that rebound and go to the line, like Paul Harris or others.

Says it all. JB has made the issue with Roberson personal for Whatever reason. Sad sad sad to talk down on your players like that.

Saintly behavior on the part of JB.

I surprised he doesn't tell JB to shove it and quit the team. If JB has no confidence in him why is hein the game in the closing seconds and he's a ft liability. Where's TT..?

I've been a little disappointed with TR's overall performance this year but I thought JB was out of line with those comments.
I thought it used to be because JB was motivating him but by now it is pretty much just frustration and probably a lot of hate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom