Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said

Says it all. JB has made the issue with Roberson personal for Whatever reason. Sad sad sad to talk down on your players like that.
I honestly have no idea how Robey hustles like he does EVER with stuff like that. He's very limited but he plays hard... no idea if or why it's so personal but it takes some fortitude to not react to this constantly.

When he took the shot, he was fading off to the left. I just want him to go straight up and challenge Mahmoud in that situation, because he's either going to get blocked or fouled, and that means no points.

Rak would have gone right through that kid to finish that shot. Especially his senior year.

Rak didn't finish at the end of regulation against BC, in his junior year, in the game which snapped the 25-0 start

Rak didn't finish at the end of regulation against BC, in his junior year, in the game which snapped the 25-0 start

That's one of the reasons I qualified my statement. Man this place is as frustrating as that game.

When he took the shot, he was fading off to the left. I just want him to go straight up and challenge Mahmoud in that situation, because he's either going to get blocked or fouled, and that means no points.

Rak would have gone right through that kid to finish that shot. Especially his senior year.
Roberson hasn't dunked in traffic or gone through anybody in 4 years. Why would he start now?

I would also like to add is that 2 of our 3 best free throw shooters are 5th year transfers and Lydon works on his own. What has Boeheim done to improve his teams over the years? Nothing from what I see.

It's just hard to watch as a fan that wants to put this program/team on a pedestal. JB's a Hall of Fame coach and just is who he is. Almost ashamed watching this overly drawn out act of battering his own though. Just tired of it.

He has to understand himself a bit more. He needs to know that the only way he helps us at the end is if he goes up and dunks that ball hard. If he doesn't make the bucket, he knows he isn't hitting the free throws. He needs to get mean. I just don't think that's who he is.
That's one of the reasons I qualified my statement. Man this place is as frustrating as that game.
Roberson hasn't dunked in traffic or gone through anybody in 4 years. Why would he start now?

Really? Because that worked so well the first million times he tried that method?
Well, lets look at the past: JB said last season- "if i had any other player" and then after that JB and TR went to FF...so maybe in JBs mind...

You said "especially his senior year" - is that supposed to mean that he wouldn't have finished in his junior year?

For god sakes at least he drew the damn foul. How many times have we just kicked the ball away, brought the ball down to be stolen away, turned it over or something worse? He literally did his job. You can't win 'em all. You can't hit every free throw. Lord knows JB's never improved our teams free throw shooting.

You said "especially his senior year" - is that supposed to mean that he wouldn't have finished in his junior year?

I meant that Rak was a different player his last year at SU. He showed glimpses in those first three, but that last year, it's exactly who we needed on that last play.

Well, lets look at the past: JB said last season- "if i had any other player" and then after that JB and TR went to FF...so maybe in JBs mind...

I'll call you a damn genius if Roberson comes out against Tech and Duke like the animal he was in the dome vs Duke in '14.

It's hard to say. Too many times Robey can't make a simple catch or blows a layup as well.

Still, I agree about tonight. He gave good effort and seemed pretty plugged in. He's just not a good bball player (still), IMO.
He's no longer the rebounding beast we saw for long stretches in past seasons. That is especially puzzling because with Coleman no longer on the court, he is surrounded by a group of subpar or average rebounders every night. He should be thriving.

For god sakes at least he drew the damn foul. How many times have we just kicked the ball away, brought the ball down to be stolen away, turned it over or something worse? He literally did his job. You can't win 'em all. You can't hit every free throw. Lord knows JB's never improved our teams free throw shooting.

That's what bothers me the most about this situation. This kid has been under JB's thumb for 4 years, and not once does he ever acknowledge that his coaching technique has literally failed to improve this kids game.

Says it all. JB has made the issue with Roberson personal for Whatever reason. Sad sad sad to talk down on your players like that.

Prove the coach wrong and hit a free 15-footer. And do it again. That shuts up the coach. He started the year 9-for-9 at the stripe and has underperformed since.

Love Robie, but yes, he is frustrating. JB likely doesn't get the most out of him, but in year four, sometimes it is good that the scholarship has an expiration date for all parties.

It's just hard to watch as a fan that wants to put this program/team on a pedestal. JB's a Hall of Fame coach and just is who he is. Almost ashamed watching this overly drawn out act of battering his own though. Just tired of it.

Agreed. If you're a recruit watching one of those pressers are you getting the warm and fuzzies thinking about coming to SU to play for JB? Phenomenal coach but def a character flaw.

I'll call you a damn genius if Roberson comes out against Tech and Duke like the animal he was in the dome vs Duke in '14.
I don't see it happening but man I would love to eat my words on him. He only needs to go nuts for 10 games or so.

He's no longer the rebounding beast we saw for long stretches in past seasons. That is especially puzzling because with Coleman no longer on the court, he is surrounded by a group of subpar or average rebounders every night. He should be thriving.

Yeah, good points. I don't know how strong he is in terms of positioning and lower body. He seems dislodged easily. He still his slight compared to some bigger PF/C types in the ACC. I don't know.

Just have had the feeling ever since watching the bio videos and clips of him outside the court just after his commitment that Tyler's always been a soft spoken kid with enormous pressure on himself to succeed academically and athletically. I hope he has strong support from family and friends. Have got the feeling from day one that he had some sense of having the world on his shoulders.

Prove the coach wrong and hit a free 15-footer. And do it again. That shuts up the coach. He started the year 9-for-9 at the stripe and has underperformed since.

Love Robie, but yes, he is frustrating. JB likely doesn't get the most out of him, but in year four, sometimes it is good that the scholarship has an expiration date for all parties.
He's still your player. Don't you think Robey feels bad enough about missing that shot?

I thought it used to be because JB was motivating him but by now it is pretty much just frustration and probably a lot of hate.
The kid's got a handful of games left here so we are well beyond this being a motivational tool. What college coach talks smack like this about one of his players? For what purpose? Jackass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom