Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson - It Needs to be said

I think JB's comments about Roberson reflect how much potential he sees/saw in him that was squandered. Coaches don't bash crappy players. They bash good players who play crappy.

That said, I think he needs to just back off him at this point. Don't even talk about him, cuz it's doing nobody any good. Roberson stopped responding to it and it's not putting JB in the best light.

The kid's got a handful of games left here so we are well beyond this being a motivational tool. What college coach talks smack like this about one of his players? For what purpose? Jackass.
Are you calling me a jackass? Cause I clearly said it isn't motivational at all anymore.

The kid's got a handful of games left here so we are well beyond this being a motivational tool. What college coach talks smack like this about one of his players? For what purpose? Jackass.

Yeah, I didn't mind the motivational ripping in the pressers last year. It's gone too far this year. He's being a snarky ass in the pressers to him now. Not a good look at all.

Yeah, good points. I don't know how strong he is in terms of positioning and lower body. He seems dislodged easily. He still his slight compared to some bigger PF/C types in the ACC. I don't know.

I was watching him a bit tonight and in the first half, I think he was trying to sell a foul that really wasn't there. That might be some of what you saw for the dislodged easily...

Except JB would yank him just for thinking about taking that first shot.

Edit - this should make more sense now.

Prove the coach wrong and hit a free 15-footer. And do it again. That shuts up the coach. He started the year 9-for-9 at the stripe and has underperformed since.

Love Robie, but yes, he is frustrating. JB likely doesn't get the most out of him, but in year four, sometimes it is good that the scholarship has an expiration date for all parties.

drop him mid court senior day.

FullMetalJacketDeluxeEdition_85391186274_1.png

Haha I must say that would be classic...

When JB says "the wrong guy got the rebound, I knew he wouldn't make the FT". The obvious question is, coach then why was he on the floor if you feel that way? Why not TT? But everyone was afraid to ask that.

I was watching him a bit tonight and in the first half, I think he was trying to sell a foul that really wasn't there. That might be some of what you saw for the dislodged easily...

Was thinking that also but it isn't just this game where he does that. I do think he can get pushed around a bit, though. Johnson/Mathiang/Hicks type guys are all bigger and stronger than him, imo.

Was thinking that also but it isn't just this game where he does that. I do think he can get pushed around a bit, though. Johnson/Mathiang/Hicks type guys are all bigger and stronger than him, imo.

Clearly. And without DCII in there to tie up one of those big guys, that's who Robey is battling. Tough call for him.

I love Roberson. Local kid who seems to try hard. I don't think the way Jimmy coaches him is effective at all. We love you Tyler!

Soft rock for a soft rebounding team that seems to have trouble getting their share of 50/50 balls most nights.

Well guys, I just told my girlfriend I'd trade her for another National Championship so I think Roberson is probably feeling more love than her right now.

I hope she reacted rationally and told you she'd do the same with you.

Says it all. JB has made the issue with Roberson personal for Whatever reason. Sad sad sad to talk down on your players like that.
^^^ Agree with this...say whatever you want, there was absolutely no value in JB saying what he did...is a jerk comment...Roberson offering a small smile and refraining from further comment shows better judgement than JB displayed...

I'm not gonna read through all this, but to many times i only saw robey battling for boards and that was usually on offense and then there were 3-4 ville guys also battling for the board and the su players were all at the 3 point line.

That's just something I noticed at times I know others had 8 and 9 boards but damn they kid is under the basket going after it.

#HHH.
Yeah I said it.

He was not a disappointment tonight. We did not lose because of him. JB's comment that "the wrong player got the ball" and that he had no faith in Roberson making those free throws does not reflect the fan bases opinion.

Tyler Roberson got that rebound and was playing to win. What else can you ask from someone?

I'll argue with anyone, I think his play decline is a result of not only JB relentlessly bashing his character/play, but our guards classic inability to take advantage of a player that plays above the rim. If We have aggressive guards that attack the rim and find the open men (Thompson/Roberson/Lydon) downlow? Roberson averages 8 to 10 points a game and 10 boards this year if that's the case.

Say what you will about this kid mentally falling apart, but he played to win tonight and I just think any question of his character is bush league.

I had faith that he had a shot to tie it up, and I'm proud of him for going after that board and at least giving us a chance.
robey is a real good rebounder. He keeps plays alive. Don't make him out to be anything other than that. No one thought he was going to make both free throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom