Tyler Roberson should start vs. Ga. Tech | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson should start vs. Ga. Tech

I think it is much more likely we see Silent G starting before we see Roberson.
Probably, he seems to get to the rim more than anybody lately. And he's been one of the better defenders. Just wish he would rebound more, but I wish everyone on the team would rebound more.

Probably, he seems to get to the rim more than anybody lately. And he's been one of the better defenders. Just wish he would rebound more, but I wish everyone on the team would rebound more.
I like the idea of having both him and Cooney on the court at the same time because I think it could really open up the lane for CJ and Ennis on the drive... Of course it doesn't matter if they can't hit there shots from outside.

I like the idea of having both him and Cooney on the court at the same time because I think it could really open up the lane for CJ and Ennis on the drive... Of course it doesn't matter if they can't hit there shots from outside.
I do too, but honestly, I feel like G should be getting into the paint for us more. Especially if we play against zones. He could be that guy at the FT line that makes the quick shot, rolls to the rim, or makes the pass out of the collapsing defenses. He's 6'7 playing a 6'2 man's game.

I think we are all in agreement Tyler should start and Jerami should not step on the floor until he is 100%
Couple of things:

I doubt we are all in agreement on TR starting. In fact I'm sure nothing could be further from the truth.

JB once said, "Derrick Coleman at 50% is still better than the next guy off the bench." (Or something close to that.) I think he'll apply the same logic here. Not saying I support that logic, but I think that's how it will play out. As long as Jerami can play, he will.

Get Grant as healthy as you can, but Gbinjie would start before Roberson. I would like Roberson improve enough in practice to give JB more confidence in him during games.

I think it is much more likely we see Silent G starting before we see Roberson.
I would love to see JB insert TR into Grant's starting spot and leave the rest of the rotation intact. More than likely, TR won't get all of JG's minutes, but it would be interesting to see what he could do with at least 15 minutes of meaningful PT.

Start G but give Roberson plenty of minutes when G slides to guard.

DO NOT EVERRRR go with Rak and Keita out there together again. What a disaster lol.

I think Roberson should start. He looked smoother and more active than any of our frontcourt players on that putback yesterday.

It's inconceivable to me that people like UVA's Tobey can find minutes for a team that beats us by 20 but Roberson isn't good enough to play for Syracuse. The unwillingness to work him into the rotation has hurt this team this season.

Start G but give Roberson plenty of minutes when G slides to guard.

DO NOT EVERRRR go with Rak and Keita out there together again. What a disaster lol.

That's been a good lineup at times this season. After two months of Christmas playing exclusively at the 5, though, he's rusty as a forward. And it doesn't help when Baye's having one of his worst games.

It depends on how bad Grant's back is on tuesday, The way we are playing need all hands on deck.

I think we are all in agreement Tyler should start and Jerami should not step on the floor until he is 100%

Minutes-wise, I'd like to see something like:

C: Rak 30, BMK 10
F: Fair 36, Roberson 24, MG 20
G: Ennis 36, Cooney 36, MG 8

All depends on how well Roberson plays. The more the better, AFAIC.

Come on now. I sometimes agree with you. I sometimes don't agree with you. Even when I'm right (and I always am :rolleyes:) I don't ever expect every one to agree. Some won't just because I'm caustic and sarcastic too often. But ... "I think we are all in agreement". Even I wouldn't think that.

Besides if he's that good, he can be the next best 6th man. Be nice to have a point or two coming off the bench again. And I do mean a point or two. God are we hurting right now.

Couple of things:

I doubt we are all in agreement on TR starting. In fact I'm sure nothing could be further from the truth.

JB once said, "Derrick Coleman at 50% is still better than the next guy off the bench." (Or something close to that.) I think he'll apply the same logic here. Not saying I support that logic, but I think that's how it will play out. As long as Jerami can play, he will.

so running a kid into the ground is a much better option than playing a top line recruit from last year...

Then why did Boeheim recruit this kid in the first place? Did he recruit him on the potential of playing the zone first over offensive skills which this team needs more than anything else.

Does he need to start? no,but he needs to play him more along with Patterson as the kid plays good defense and can hit the outside when needed.

Couple of things:

People think a 50% Grant can contribute more than Roberson? That's epic.

Why not just rest the entire team. Play Roberson and Buss and the entire bench and give the whole starting team a break. Just think how fresh we'd be for the tourney!

so running a kid into the ground is a much better option than playing a top line recruit from last year...

Then why did Boeheim recruit this kid in the first place? Did he recruit him on the potential of playing the zone first over offensive skills which this team needs more than anything else.

Does he need to start? no,but he needs to play him more along with Patterson as the kid plays good defense and can hit the outside when needed.
Running a kid into the ground is hyperbole. JG said he felt great last week.
JB recruited Roberson because he's a good player. Seems like JB also does't want to use him right now unless he has to. I don't know his reasons, but I trust his judgement.
You might get more Roberson out of necessity (I hope not.), but I doubt Buss is going to see much time.

People think a 50% Grant can contribute more than Roberson? That's epic.
Where does it say that? I'm paraphrasing something JB said 25 years ago.

Running a kid into the ground is hyperbole. JG said he felt great last week.
JB recruited Roberson because he's a good player. Seems like JB also does't want to use him right now unless he has to. I don't know his reasons, but I trust his judgement.
You might get more Roberson out of necessity (I hope not.), but I doubt Buss is going to see much time.

Where does it say that? I'm paraphrasing something JB said 25 years ago.

I know, it wasn't directed towards you.

Give the OP a break, his comment wasn't a crazy suggestion. I won't even back that up with an argument, it is pretty obvious how it would benefit us. Yes, there are downsides to that approach and JB would never ever deviate from what he has been doing sll season but the suggestion was a sound one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom