Tyler Roberson video... | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson video...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler show similarities to Wes Johnson, CJ Fair, and Warrick all at the same time. He really has a nice confident fast release like some of our better shooting sf's. If he ever learns to explode off the dribble in his first few steps he could be a stud.

JB really knows what he is doing, and going to the ACC only helps. I can only wonder how underated Roberson and BJ are.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler show similarities to Wes Johnson, CJ Fair, and Warrick all at the same time. He really has a nice confident fast release.
If he ever learns to explode off the dribble in his first few steps he could be a stud.
Nice comparisons. Maybe even a little of John Wallace too.

Wow... Tremendous kid and family. This is the kind of recruit that makes me proud to be an Orangeman... How nice is it to never have to worry about a player's academic standing? But more importantly, what a hot mom!:)

Sounds like a great kid with a great family. As to what he's a combination of, we tend to think of new players in terms of players we've seen in the past until we get to see them play. Then they forge their own identity and the comparisons stop.

He's going to be a big time player here. I still predict he starts this year but even if he doesn't he's going to play a major role on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'd have to compete with Fair and Grant for time, far and away our most stable scoring players in my opinion as of right now. So the guy's in a tough spot.

He'd have to compete with Fair and Grant for time, far and away our most stable scoring players in my opinion as of right now. So the guy's in a tough spot.

3 for 2 isn't bad at all.

Not a tough spot at all, considering he might be our second best scoring forward. He will be fine and will get plenty of minutes.

3 for 2 isn't bad at all.

True Bees, but there is also the potential minutes devoted to two "centers" being on the court together... A thought which, I personally, do not relish...

Grant is our next big star, but he is a sophomore.

So if Roberson and him split minutes, that's as far as I'd like to go, I'd be fine with it.

True Bees, but there is also the potential minutes devoted to two "centers" being on the court together... A thought which, I personally, do not relish...

I expect the minutes at the 4 to be minimal for any of our centers especially as the season goes on. Maybe a few here and there when there is foul trouble with CJ, Grant or Roberson. I see close to 80 minutes between those 3 at the 4 and 3.

I expect the minutes at the 4 to be minimal for any of our centers especially as the season goes on. Maybe a few here and there when there is foul trouble with CJ, Grant or Roberson. I see close to 80 minutes between those 3 at the 4 and 3.

From your lips to God's ears...

Yeah, I do too. I see "all" the meaningful minutes at the 3&4 going to CJ, Grant, Roberson, Silent G (as a swing from the 2 when we go smaller), and BJ (guessing we will need his shooting at some point).

How soon people forget what happened when Scoop and Dion came back and the affect on MCW's minutes. Rak is Roberson's Scoop/Dion - unexpected returnee.

If CJ/JG/Robbie get 80, that would mean Rak/DC2/BMK split 40. That would mean that either a nonfrosh McD, or a senior, would be averaging less than a newbie frosh. Doesn't seem like the JB/SU way.

Rak starts at pf along side DC2. BMK gets at least as many minutes as Roberson.

How soon people forget what happened when Scoop and Dion came back and the affect on MCW's minutes. Rak is Roberson's Scoop/Dion - unexpected returnee.

If CJ/JG/Robbie get 80, that would mean Rak/DC2/BMK split 40. That would mean that either a nonfrosh McD, or a senior, would be averaging less than a newbie frosh. Doesn't seem like the JB/SU way.

Rak starts at pf along side DC2. BMK gets at least as many minutes as Roberson.

I think it is a slightly different situation because MCW's expectations were different. Waiters wasn't wanted back nor was it expected that he would be.

I think it is a slightly different situation because MCW's expectations were different. Waiters wasn't wanted back nor was it expected that he would be.

Expectations were different? How so? MCW was a McD, I'm pretty sure he expected to play more.

Rumors were pretty heavy that Rak wasn't coming back, I'd bet that was what Roberson thought.

Now that Rak did come back, it seems reasonable to expect the normal tendency to play the upperclassmen stays in effect. My expectation is that to accomodate that philosophy JB will start Rak at pf.

Expectations were different? How so? MCW was a McD, I'm pretty sure he expected to play more.

Rumors were pretty heavy that Rak wasn't coming back, I'd bet that was what Roberson thought.

Now that Rak did come back, it seems reasonable to expect the normal tendency to play the upperclassmen stays in effect. My expectation is that to accomodate that philosophy JB will start Rak at pf.

You are right about JB's M.O. Sarge, but I hope as Bees states, as the season progresses, we will not see more than one center on the floor at one time. Robes has far greater skill set when compared to Rak, and Tyler can already rebound rings around him too... Rak, for an ultra athletic big, just has a knack of being in the wrong place for a board... IMO...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom