Tyler Roberson video... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson video...

Maybe by February. This could be a pretty good call on your part. It all depends on Grant. Picking Roberson to beat out Grant is a ballsy call. Grant is being set up for success this season with him being on the U-19 team and getting the foreign tour. But Roberson is a meat-and-potatoes kind of player who just gets it done.

Who does Roberson remind you of? You go back about as long as I do.

Do you see what I'm saying with the Blackwell comparison (mostly below the rim kind of player, nice mid-range game, not overwhelming speed but makes the right play, plays good defense, rebounds well for his size, decent handle, decent outside shot for a guy his size). Love to hear your take on him.

Blackwell wasn't the first player that came to mind as I never thought he was real athletic. I think he is more like a Wallace with a better deep shot.

I predict he will start but its only a guess. I love Grant too and think he goes pro after this year. I think Roberson may only be a 2 year guy too. I am very high on both players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know but that doesn't make him objective
pfftt you probably think my dads all objective cause he thinks i'm better than you at being his kid and shittt.

coming at you live bro.
En fuego, brother.
Can't even hope to contain you.

Ah, who are we all kidding.
This team is stacked and we're fighting over who will dominate next season.
Beautiful. :)

En fuego, brother.
Can't even hope to contain you.

Ah, who are we all kidding.
This team is stacked and we're fighting over who will dominate next season.
Beautiful. :)
the answer is jerami grant. everytime.

pfftt you probably think my dads all objective cause he thinks i'm better than you at being his kid and shittt.
No I think next yearsdraft class is going to be one of the best ever and Roberson will have to fight too much for minutes here to be a one and done and everybody knows your dad would trade you in in a heartbeat...not for me but for almost anyone...:)

No I think next yearsdraft class is going to be one of the best ever and Roberson will have to fight too much for minutes here to be a one and done and everybody knows your dad would trade you in in a heartbeat...not for me but for almost anyone...:)
oh definitely not a one and done.. no way no how. And deep down he loves me... i am sure of it.

He has the defense, DC2 didn't really have that coming in.
But besides, from the bolded part, you really don't expect much from him this year?
How many videos are on the recruiting side that prove otherwise? Complete games!
Wow, you've got to watch some and if you did, I cannot believe you don't think he will contribute significantly. Seriously, no disrespect, but I have watched hours upon hours, some live of this guy, and I can't believe you don't see immediate offense.

This is not optimism. It is just plain obvious.
Tee, it's not just based on skills, it's also based on opportunity. MCW had mad skills, but had to wait his turn.

It's pretty clear to me that Roberson is getting the spot that Grant had last year. The fourth forward just doesn't see significant time.

When the SU machine is rolling properly talented frosh do not see much time. The SU forwards and center positions are currently in great shape.

Tee, it's not just based on skills, it's also based on opportunity. MCW had mad skills, but had to wait his turn.

It's pretty clear to me that Roberson is getting the spot that Grant had last year. The fourth forward just doesn't see significant time.

When the SU machine is rolling properly talented frosh do not see much time. The SU forwards and center positions are currently in great shape.
I agree that we're in great shape. But as you said before:
But Rony and Etan were not McD's. I was responding to Tee's point about coming in with potential. I know Fab and Rak came in high in the recruiting rankings also, but that wasn't based on the offensive potential like DC2.

It seemed as though Tee was implying that the great potential would get him PT. I was countering that DC2 had/has great potential, so that alone clearly doesn't guarantee playing time.
It didn't grant him playing time, it granted him a start! He lost playing time when he got the yank due to defense.

Roberson might have the same opportunity given to him to start, you and I don't know the answers yet.
But I will tell you this. He's the third forward, not the fourth.
There is no way he's the fourth forward as three centers do not have the offensive game he has. Not potential. Has.
DC2 cannot play forward unless he's developed another gear. And let's be realistic. DC2 cannot play on the wing. We use 3 and 4 interchangeably and he cannot get out across the baseline to the wings that fast.

Let's just take a look. (Forget about guards as it's not terribly relevant)
My projection
C - Rak
PF - Fair
SF - Grant
SG - Gbinije
PG - Ennis

If you are thinking the starting lineup is the one shown below, which I am guessing some do, we are seriously lacking in what we excelled at last season. Getting to opposite sides of the baseline and wings in a hurry to close out on shooters:
C - DC2
PF - Rak
SF - Fair
SG - Gbinije
PG - Ennis

That lineup spells trouble, and we'll just see. But if you can look in the mirror, please bookmark this. No way we play this defense often. That said, Roberson is the third forward if he doesn't start.

JB might give this a look like he tried last year, but eventually both of DC2 and Rak do not end up playing together often unless one of them doubled their acceleration. Not going to happen.

If anything, we might actually see Gbinije or BJ on the wing. We need this speed and it made a world of a difference closing out on perimeter shots last year.

Not to mention, when you look at the forwards interchangeably in Roberson/Fair/Grant, I see a plethora of rebounds and blocks. 6'8 6'8 6'9 (Grant grew), we are not losing anything in help side defense with these guys!

I agree that we're in great shape. But as you said before:

It didn't grant him playing time, it granted him a start! He lost playing time when he got the yank due to defense.

Roberson might have the same opportunity given to him to start, you and I don't know the answers yet.
But I will tell you this. He's the third forward, not the fourth.
There is no way he's the fourth forward as three centers do not have the offensive game he has. Not potential. Has.
DC2 cannot play forward unless he's developed another gear. And let's be realistic. DC2 cannot play on the wing. We use 3 and 4 interchangeably and he cannot get out on the baseline that fast.
Yes, McD's have been given token starts. Roberson does not qualify.

I am saying that Roberson looks to be the fourth forward in a similar way that Grant was on paper the fourth last year - Rak/CJ/JS. Now for Roberson -Rak/CJ/Grant.

I just don't see JB abandoning the Rak start at pf deal, because of the logjam this would cause at center, 3 advanced players splitting just 40 minutes.

I just don't see JB abandoning the Rak start at pf deal, because of the logjam this would cause at center, 3 advanced players splitting just 40 minutes.

Roberson is probably better than all 3 right now.

Yes, McD's have been given token starts. Roberson does not qualify.

I am saying that Roberson looks to be the fourth forward in a similar way that Grant was on paper the fourth last year - Rak/CJ/JS. Now for Roberson -Rak/CJ/Grant.

McDs doesn't count anymore to me. Case in point. Ennis. Roberson.
Garbage created by ESPN but we don't have to go there. I know I'm right about the dollars and cents that drives that joke, but we don't need to go there. Some know the truth and it won't come out for a while.

And I do agree that the center logjam might force some minutes down to forward for one of these guys. But not enough to take away substantial minutes from either Grant or Roberson.

That said, let's make a friendly wager. :)
Ready?
No money, no trinkets.

Just a nice post from one or the other stating that one of us was right. Got to admit when you're wrong sometimes.
It builds character. ;)
Either me in that Roberson gets 2nd or 3rd most forward minutes or you in that Roberson is the 4th forward with, let's say, similar Grant minutes from this past season?
14 and and change and that's inflated due to Dirty's suspension.

Call it an even 12 minutes over under? Again, you factor in Southerland being out, I say that was a generous estimate for Grant.
I say Roberson gets more than this.

We can hash out the details if you're game. I know I am.

But is he better than CJ and Grant?

Maybe, maybe not. That only goes back to my original post that the 3 of them will split time at the 3/4 (with CJ getting the most of course) and Roberson will play a big role on this team.

Grant - 10.97 minutes all games with Southerland active.
Still, I'll give you that extra minute to bump it to 12 over under.

Call it an even 12 minutes over under? Again, you factor in Southerland being out, I say that was a generous estimate for Grant.
Generous indeed. ;)

Grant - 10.97 minutes all games with Southerland active.
Still, I'll give you that extra minute to bump it to 12 over under.

Hey Tee here is a friendly bet between me and you. I bet you that BJ averages more minutes than Roberson. The reasoning is simple BJ will be the third best guard on the team and will face less competition than Roberson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom