Tyler Roberson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Roberson

As I said before, my Dad went to Roselle Catholic and supports the school now. I wouldn't say he is an insider by any means, and I'm not sure how much of a scoop any of this stuff is, but he mentioned to me this weekend that the people at RC were really impresssed with JB and not really impressed with Calipari. Also if anything he may be leaning to staying close to home.

Like I said, not sure this is news, and you can probably take it for what its worth, because at the end of the day Roberson is gonna go where he wants to go, but that's what I got.

Thanks for sharing! Can you elaborate at all on how they were impressed w/ JB and not impressed w/ Cal? Thanks

As I said before, my Dad went to Roselle Catholic and supports the school now. I wouldn't say he is an insider by any means, and I'm not sure how much of a scoop any of this stuff is, but he mentioned to me this weekend that the people at RC were really impresssed with JB and not really impressed with Calipari. Also if anything he may be leaning to staying close to home.

Like I said, not sure this is news, and you can probably take it for what its worth, because at the end of the day Roberson is gonna go where he wants to go, but that's what I got.

The question is: How close to home is close? He has Seton Hall and Rutgirls on his list...

And 'Nova isn't too far away either. Don't sleep on Wright, he is as savvy as they come.

Im not going to jump off the ledge if we dont get any of these forwards were after this yr. Yes it would be great size, athleticism, and depth for next yr but '14 should be a bigger yr recruiting wise for us. I personally think Grant is destined to be a great forward for us and with Gbinijie able to play the 3 and the possible return of CJ, were still good. What concerns me the most is if, big IF, Rak and DC have huge yrs and bolt...then we may be in trouble at center. Baye needs help so a commit from Obokoh would be nice. We filled our biggest need for next yr, and if we have 3 guys leave again (which I dont see happening) then we can worry.

Im not going to jump off the ledge if we dont get any of these forwards were after this yr. Yes it would be great size, athleticism, and depth for next yr but '14 should be a bigger yr recruiting wise for us. I personally think Grant is destined to be a great forward for us and with Gbinijie able to play the 3 and the possible return of CJ, were still good. What concerns me the most is if, big IF, Rak and DC have huge yrs and bolt...then we may be in trouble at center. Baye needs help so a commit from Obokoh would be nice. We filled our biggest need for next yr, and if we have 3 guys leave again (which I dont see happening) then we can worry.

Even if Rak and Coleman leave, which is a big if but still a possibility, we seem to be in a nice position with Dakari Johnson and like you said wouldn't be in horrible shape with Baye and/or Obokoh. I'm not worried too much if we don't get a forward either. We seem to already have a nice stable of forwards who are more than capable of being effective players.

Back in the late 1970s SU had a combo guard named Ross Kindell who was from Roselle. Believe he attended Abraham Clark HS though.
I think Roselle's most famous hoops alum is Rick Barry.

@AdamZagoria
2013 F Tyler Roberson will now visit Kansas 10/19 and Kentucky 11/2, per the SMU Rivals site. Visits Cuse 10/5 and will also visit Nova.

Per a little birdie, Tyler was here last night enjoying a nice dinner out with Coach Hop and Coach Autry and is having a great time on his visit.
Did he skip the Fball game? I hope he falls in love and just pulls the trigger.

so... any info on how this thing is going? I am looking directly at you DCCuse!

so... any info on how this thing is going? I am looking directly at you DCCuse!
Clarification, it was lunch; he did go to the game and had a great time. Don't expect a verbal immediately, but we are in his top choices if not now the leader.

Clarification, it was lunch; he did go to the game and had a great time. Don't expect a verbal immediately, but we are in his top choices if not now the leader.
Much obliged. thank you sir.

He was here this weekend on an official visit with his father. Met with everyone at the Melo Center, including the players during the team "workout," and later attended the football game. His father and Mike Hopkins seemed to really hit it off. Ran into them (father and Mike) after the game at the Sheraton.

He was here this weekend on an official visit with his father. Met with everyone at the Melo Center, including the players during the team "workout," and later attended the football game. His father and Mike Hopkins seemed to really hit it off. Ran into them (father and Mike) after the game at the Sheraton.
thats great... because Mike would likely be his coach if he stays all 4.

Joyce, can you clarify...was Tyler there or just Mike and Dad...?

Joyce, can you clarify...was Tyler there or just Mike and Dad...?
When I ran into Mike and Dad late in the evening, Tyler was not with them. I assume he was with his player hosts.

When I ran into Mike and Dad late in the evening, Tyler was not with them. I assume he was with his player hosts.
Thank you Joyce...that has to be a good sign; otherwise his dad would not be spending time with Mike.

Per wikikpedia it's Roselle Park which is a neighboring town to Roselle
Correct.! Its a thing in NJ to add the name "Park to your town in the hopes it upgrades the reputation and status. Menlo vs Menlo Park.Asbury etc.

Was told some encouraging things about Roberson and SU last night. Should have a better idea on where he'll end up when his visits are done but I definitely feel we're looking good in this one right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom