Tyless done | Syracusefan.com

Tyless done

kcsu

Living Legend
Tyler has been a huge disappointment this year. He started off slow, had a few decent games in the middle but for the most part has been average at best looks to have regressed.
I think he is a tweener not really a true 4 or 5. Lacks the strength to dominate inside and the quickness to play forward. Good player for sure but he has yet to dominate a single game.

He's being put in the wrong positions. Him banging down low just isn't his game. He did have 15 rebounds, though. Tyler is a stretch 4. GT had a great defensive plan to shut him down, and we didn't adjust.

He should have been on the perimeter. Not wandering around the post, and baseline. The D they played was great. Any team playing us should know by now that we can't beat a zone. Maybe if a PG that isn't a midget was allowed to play we could have drove into the lane.

Except for the teams record this year, there is nothing more frustrating than the constant bashing of Lyndon this year.

If one can not see just by watching him "run" and "jump" that his ankle is still a big issue, then I just don't know what to say. I got news for you, it's not the 10 lbs of love he put on this year, it the fact that he has not been healthy.

Funny how his best games mid season were ones where he was both healthy and playing his natural college position (4/5).

Just because a thought pops into your head (whether your right or I'm right) doesn't mean you have to post it.

Go Cuse

Tyler has been a huge disappointment this year. He started off slow, had a few decent games in the middle but for the most part has been average at best looks to have regressed.
I think he is a tweener not really a true 4 or 5. Lacks the strength to dominate inside and the quickness to play forward. Good player for sure but he has yet to dominate a single game.
I don't think Lydon is a tweener at all. He has the physical ability to be a dominant college player and just isn't for a few reasons. It's possible he's not being utilized properly by the staff due to personnel limitations but a lot of it is Lydon's mentality imo.

Except for the teams record this year, there is nothing more frustrating than the constant bashing of Lyndon this year.

If one can not see just by watching him "run" and "jump" that his ankle is still a big issue, then I just don't know what to say. I got news for you, it's not the 10 lbs of love he put on this year, it the fact that he has not been healthy.

Funny how his best games mid season were ones where he was both healthy and playing his natural college position (4/5).

Just because a thought pops into your head (whether your right or I'm right) doesn't mean you have to post it.

Go Cuse
Ow my ankle!

I just don't understand the Lydon hate. You all are out of your minds. To start the game yesterday, he didn't touch the ball for our first 2 or 3 possessions. How exactly is he supposed to score if the guards don't even try to get him the ball?

Our offense sucks, and we had no clue how to attack their zone last night. That's on the staff and a big part on the guards.

I'm just starting to think he's a better fit for the NBA (one day) than our non-creative offense.

He should be in pick and rolls/pick and pops ALL game. Instead we constantly run them with a player who can't even catch the ball, let alone do anything if it miraculously lands is his hands.

That said, it's becoming tough to defend him when he has zero ability, or maybe it's will, to face up and take his defender. Ben Lammers caught the ball in the mid range all game and destroyed us, not sure why Lydon can't. He has opportunities to and just passes it back out.

I just don't understand the Lydon hate. You all are out of your minds. To start the game yesterday, he didn't touch the ball for our first 2 or 3 possessions. How exactly is he supposed to score if the guards don't even try to get him the ball?

Our offense sucks, and we had no clue how to attack their zone last night. That's on the staff and a big part on the guards.

Our fans don't want one and dones, but we have zero patience for player development and are ready for guys to move on their second year. It's weird.

Our fans don't want one and dones, but we have zero patience for player development and are ready for guys to move on their second year. It's weird.

I'm more than willing to wait for player development, but what part of Lydon's game is better than last season?

I find it hard to believe that Lydon's supporting cast is so vastly inferior in talent than the average college basketball team and that our Hall of Fame coach has no idea how to utilize him properly.

Maybe, just maybe, Lydon isn't being aggressive enough. Not demanding the ball hard enough. Not taking enough shots when he does get the ball. Not stopping his pump fake of phantom defenders. It's possible, right?

What's this have to do with Lydon?

I find it hard to believe that Lydon's supporting cast is so vastly inferior in talent than the average college basketball team and that our Hall of Fame coach has no idea how to utilize him properly.

Maybe, just maybe, Lydon isn't being aggressive enough. Not demanding the ball hard enough. Not taking enough shots when he does get the ball. Not stopping his pump fake of phantom defenders. It's possible, right?

How 'hard' should he be demanding the ball? Good Lord some people. I wish I had the game recorded here at the office so I could show you all the times he had his guy sealed on the inside and our teeny tiny point guard either couldn't see him or couldn't figure out a way to get a pass over his defender.

Ben Lammers supporting cast on Tech is not superior to Lydon's on Cuse. That didn't stop Lammers from imprinting his will on the game.

What's this have to do with Lydon?

Because some people want him to leave because he's not as good as they thought he was which is completely moronic. We've had sophomores that were huge contributors by the time they left that hadn't produced like Lydon has to this point.

How 'hard' should he be demanding the ball? Good Lord some people. I wish I had the game recorded here at the office so I could show you all the times he had his guy sealed on the inside and our teeny tiny point guard either couldn't see him or couldn't figure out a way to get a pass over his defender.
I'll concede this point and that must be frustrating. Howard should start. Gillon had a fun little stretch but he's one of the worst point guards we've ever had here and it's starting to show.

I'm more than willing to wait for player development, but what part of Lydon's game is better than last season?

Three point shooting.

His post up game is actually better, but we just don't do that.

I'll concede this point and that must be frustrating. Howard should start. Gillon had a fun little stretch but he's one of the worst point guards we've ever had here and it's starting to show.

I just want to slightly alter our offense, like I think you do. Use Lydon in the PNR instead of Robey. We missed a real opportunity this year. Battle and Lydon would make for a great PNR. Or PNP. Gillon can't get it done. He just wants to drive into a 6'10" guy.

His rebounding numbers and 3-point percentage are up from last year.

His blocks and steals are down.

I assume you're pretty young given this comment. Gillon is not close to that.

I just want to slightly alter our offense, like I think you do. Use Lydon in the PNR instead of Robey. We missed a real opportunity this year. Battle and Lydon would make for a great PNR. Or PNP. Gillon can't get it done. He just wants to drive into a 6'10" guy.
If I were coach I'd immediately insert Frank into the starting PG spot and run Lydon pick and pops all day with White and Battle fanned out and Thompson/Roberson near the basket for dump offs or (Thompson post ups).

I assume you're pretty young given this comment. Gillon is not close to that.
I'm 32 and he's one of he worst I've seen. Maybe I'm just scarred from watching the ****show from him last night in person while he allowed a bunch of Tech students to get in his head all game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom