Tyless done | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyless done

Josh Wright and Mike Edwards say hello...
Aside from Gillon's miracle game against NC State, I don't see how he's much better.

Give us slightly below average pg play and we win that game going away last night. His games like last night seem to far outnumber adequate games from him.

To be clear, he could be ok as a backup but he's killing us on both ends.

Aside from Gillon's miracle game against NC State, I don't see how he's much better.

Give us slightly below average pg play and we win that game going away last night. His games like last night seem to far outnumber adequate games from him.

To be clear, he could be ok as a backup but he's killing us on both ends.
Like most of our guys he's being asked to do too much. Same issue with White and Lydon.

Like most of our guys he's being asked to do too much. Same issue with White and Lydon.
Well, in Gillons case, that's absolutely inexcusable since he has a better player sitting behind him.

Because some people want him to leave because he's not as good as they thought he was which is completely moronic. We've had sophomores that were huge contributors by the time they left that hadn't produced like Lydon has to this point.
I'm willing to bet there isn't a Syracuse fan on the planet who wants Lydon to leave. That's absurd.

He's also playing 40 mpg...he's worn out...

Yes, he does look a bit sluggish at times.

Whether he declares or returns, I hope that he takes the summer to work on his strength & conditioning, and on his release

I'm willing to bet there isn't a Syracuse fan on the planet who wants Lydon to leave. That's absurd.
I'm tough on him because I'm annoyed he's leaving. If he was coming back I'd be much more forgiving.

It's just frustrating to see Duke and UNC etc get players much more impactful to come back multiple years and we have guys leaving after one good tourney run and now, a guy like Lydon, who isn't exactly doing anything you'd think a first round pick would be doing for your team.

Exactly. Lammers has the guts to shoot the ball when there's a defender within five feet of him.

His jumpers from the foul line were pretty much with defenders well outside of 5 feet. He also never shot the ball from much farther than that. He got a lot of easy looks on the inside because we don't box out and TT doesn't defend well. But he wasn't taking a lot of shots with guys right in his face. He made his shots when he was open. Tyler doesn't get left open like that.

I'm tough on him because I'm annoyed he's leaving. If he was coming back I'd be much more forgiving.

It's just frustrating to see Duke and UNC etc get players much more impactful to come back multiple years and we have guys leaving after one good tourney run and now, a guy like Lydon, who isn't exactly doing anything you'd think a first round pick would be doing for your team.
Yep, same here. That combined with my opinion that he's a National POY talent with with the potential of carrying a team on his shoulders - only to have a role player mentality.

Except for the teams record this year, there is nothing more frustrating than the constant bashing of Lyndon this year.

If one can not see just by watching him "run" and "jump" that his ankle is still a big issue, then I just don't know what to say. I got news for you, it's not the 10 lbs of love he put on this year, it the fact that he has not been healthy.

Funny how his best games mid season were ones where he was both healthy and playing his natural college position (4/5).

Just because a thought pops into your head (whether your right or I'm right) doesn't mean you have to post it.

Go Cuse

For reals. There is only so much bashing energy in the universe. We should clearly be spending it all on Gillon, and it's not even close.

I'm more than willing to wait for player development, but what part of Lydon's game is better than last season?

Please at least take the time to look up some stats before making that statement.

Tyler Lydon College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

His fg % has improved overall because his 3 point % has improved, his free throw % has improved, his rebounding per game has improved. his assists per game , he commits less fouls per game and lastly he has improved his points per game by 3.5 points. This despite playing through injuries. Haters going to hate. Sad commentary though.

He's also playing 40 mpg...he's worn out...

he's a big dude. 40+ minutes is asking a lot. he seems to start slow but obviously has to pace himself and take a few plays off in the zone to last to the whistle. i'm not at all disappointed in his play. he's overplayed and out of position. tough pickle.

At least take the time to look up some stats before making that statement.

Tyler Lydon College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

His fg % has improved overall because his 3 point % has improved, his free throw % has improved, his rebounding per game has improved. his assists per game , he commits less fouls per game and lastly he has improved his points per game by 3.5 points. This despite playing through injuries. Haters going to hate. Sad commentary though.
His Player Efficiency Rating has gone from 20.2 as a frosh to 21.1 as a sophomore. Technically, that's improvement.

But most expected more improvement from him than that considering going into this season he was projected to be (and may still be) an NBA Lottery pick.

Look at the upside.
It may be nice to have Tyler Lydon back next year.

His Player Efficiency Rating has gone from 20.2 as a frosh to 21.1 as a sophomore. Technically, that's improvement.

But most expected more improvement from him than that considering going into this season he was projected to be (and may still be) an NBA Lottery pick.

So he doesn't meet one's higher expectations of improvement. Hmm. Compare his stats to Malachi Richardson's. Crazy how players get bashed on a fan website.

Without Lydon this team has a losing record and it's not even close. Lydons problem imo has more to do with the guards than Lydon.

I criticize Lydon a bit of late, and I agree with that 100%. I don't think you can overrstate his importance - defense, rebounding - all of it. The pump fakes, and tentative play on offense is driving me a tad nuts.

When he has an open three, and turns it down, gives it back to a guard with 10 seconds left and we get a horrible shot - that's where I get frustrated. I just would like to see some more assertiveness. That baseline dribble, drive, dunk was spectacular...I want more triple Ds!! I realize the results will differ - but go after it!

There was one sequence where Lammers (and I would take Lydon over him all day), got denied a couple times but he kept coming back more aggressive to get the ball after each sequence. Lydon seems overly content. I would happily blame that on coaching - as the team needs to find him and get the kid the ball, but I also think Lydon needs to be more aggressive in asking for the ball. Hell, go take it from someone to get the point across. We do enough standing around at times where it would be doable!!! lol

He's being put in the wrong positions. Him banging down low just isn't his game. He did have 15 rebounds, though. Tyler is a stretch 4. GT had a great defensive plan to shut him down, and we didn't adjust.

He should have been on the perimeter. Not wandering around the post, and baseline. The D they played was great. Any team playing us should know by now that we can't beat a zone. Maybe if a PG that isn't a midget was allowed to play we could have drove into the lane.

We have beat zones a lot this year. With our outside shooting and potential playmaking with TT or Lydon at the foul line, we're built to beat zone.

Weird, I thought every player who comes back automatically becomes better and improves his draft stock.

Lydon hasn't been all he was cracked up to be this year. I think he has played well below his capabilities. He's had a good season, but nothing to write home about.

So he doesn't meet one's higher expectations of improvement. Hmm. Compare his stats to Malachi Richardson's. Crazy how players get bashed on a fan website.
Yeah. "Bashed." It's such a cruel, unjust world for the American athlete. #NBAProspectsLivesMatter

Tyler has been a huge disappointment this year. He started off slow, had a few decent games in the middle but for the most part has been average at best looks to have regressed.
I think he is a tweener not really a true 4 or 5. Lacks the strength to dominate inside and the quickness to play forward. Good player for sure but he has yet to dominate a single game.
I thought I saw tape on his right thumb the 1st half.
Kid is a wideout asked to play D tackle.
Will be a long time, productive pro.

I just don't understand the Lydon hate. You all are out of your minds. To start the game yesterday, he didn't touch the ball for our first 2 or 3 possessions. How exactly is he supposed to score if the guards don't even try to get him the ball?

Our offense sucks, and we had no clue how to attack their zone last night. That's on the staff and a big part on the guards.

guards are freezing him out

Weird, I thought every player who comes back automatically becomes better and improves his draft stock.

He was no first round lock last year if Mali went 20 something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom