Tyus Battle’s farewell letter to Syracuse fans: I am ready because of you | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle’s farewell letter to Syracuse fans: I am ready because of you

As much as many of us on this forum hate Jimmy's dino ball O, that system was made for Ty, and he, in many respects, almost singlehandedly kept "the Streak" alive.

I see Ty in the G league next season. His great work ethic and attitude will eventually earn him an NBA shot. If he can improve his trey shooting enough, he just might eventually stick.

Thank you Ty for many great moments, and the best to you going forward !!!

We will miss this kid. But he is ready. What the heck, he was ready last year. But I'm glad we had a chance to see him in Orange one extra year (even if he had to play out of position far more than some of us would wish).

Wish he could have been surrounded by a team that was better and more ready. Timing is everything in life.

Definitely had some outstanding moments. Season ended with a bit of a thud but he did have a great career.

What a class act.

Kid did everything right off of the court, and was a pretty damn good player on it. Represented the university the right way in everything he did, and won some memorable games here -- sometimes almost single-handedly.

Wish we'd won a few more games over the course of his tenure, but the sanctions that coincided with his time here dug deep. Wish him the best, and hope he latches on in the NBA.

Wow. He was already one my favorite SU players-clutch on the court and classy off it. This brings him up a few notches in my book (where ever it may be).

Tyus is ready because of himself and his up bringing. It has been a pleasure watching him entertain me for the past three years. I do not know him personally, but from what I have read about him I would hire him and know he will be successful. Best of luck to Tyus Battle and thank you for some wonderful memories.

Just curious, he thanked coach Wayne Morgan. I always wondered this year why Morgan was sitting behind the bench. What is his role.

Thanks Tyus for your time here! I enjoyed watching you play and will miss watching you.

Just curious, he thanked coach Wayne Morgan. I always wondered this year why Morgan was sitting behind the bench. What is his role.

Thanks Tyus for your time here! I enjoyed watching you play and will miss watching you.

morgan was hired as an "advisor". whatever that means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom