Tyus Battle now playing for Guangxi Rhinos in the Chinese NBL | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle now playing for Guangxi Rhinos in the Chinese NBL

Order of magnitude, what kind of money would a player like Tyus be able to make going this route?

seems Iike a good landing spot. if their basketball league is anything like the KHL he should be OK. the KHL is probably the best foreign professional league for pay and level of play

Order of magnitude, what kind of money would a player like Tyus be able to make going this route?
I was shocked to see so many players from the VTB listed in the top 50 salaries for Euro league players.

VTB is apparently the name of the top Russian pro league.

It worked for Chris Klein and LL Cool J in Rollerball.

What were the terms of his Iowa Wolves deal that made him want to jump to Russia?

I guy that lived near me a few years back was a pro hockey player. Second round pick of the Sabres. He made it to the NHL but was really a minor league player. He told me that the $$ in Russia was scary good. But they paid in cash and people involved, well, you didn't want to involved with them.

Money is good but you better play well or else they will just stop paying you. Also, the coaches in the league are crazy.

Tricky spot. Hope it works out for him.

Money is good but you better play well or else they will just stop paying you. Also, the coaches in the league are crazy.

Tricky spot. Hope it works out for him.
1595906620177.png

Tyus just did an instagram story of him using a computer program to learn Russian. He says his goal is to be fluent in a month. I won't bet against him.
Have to admire Tyus.
If it were me...I would have to spend a month learning to say, " Ya nyehgovoryu pa Russki."
(I don't speak Russian).

Crazy... Is this maybe Covid related? He couldn't physically get into a country like Australia, New Zealand, China? And, has he experienced a Siberian winter yet? Yikes...

That video from his 16 point, 7 assist performance was nice.
Such a classic TB scoring assortment - although he had a few threes where it looks like he learned from the past. No matter ultra deep twos with one big toe inside the three point line. :)

The words pick and roll and floater sound ultra-fresh in Russian, really liked the commentator!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom