U.S. Open at Shinnecock | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

U.S. Open at Shinnecock

3 remarkable up and downs for Koepka in the last 4 or 5 holes. He is earning it. Still only up 1.

By my calculation Brooks Koepka moves up from #9 to #4 in the world, and if he wins his next tourney could move up to #1 ... although Dustin Johnson is opening up a little gap again which will make it difficult.

Tommy Fleetwood moves up from #12 to #10 in the world, and Hideki Matsuyama tough year now takes him out of the top 10.

Last edited:
It's a shame that the USGA overreacted to the whiners out there. Course played far too easy today for a national championship.

I don't think the width of the fairway was the problem for the players to hit, it was the ball kept running out and into the rough. They can't get any control over the ball out of the rough and then over the green it goes into more trouble with a dead chip coming back. I think you leave the driver and the woods in the bag and try to play for pars and not birdies.

You have to ask yourself why players shot so much better today than yesterday. It's very clear, and several players and broadcasters admitted as much on air. The pin placements were a lot more friendly today and they also watered the greens much more today than they did yesterday. The fescue was untouched from Saturday to Sunday.

i got a 1000 ticket on fleetwood.. Koepka is killing me.
I can't even imagine your reaction when Koepka hit it to the grandstand and got the most fortuitous bounce. So close.

ugh. stupid usga that ball is 50 yds into the crap for the course members

I was there on Saturday, the 8th hole green was giving guys fits all day. Crazy how fast the greens were playing

it would have been a different result had they left it tough on sunday.. fleetwood was very solid and probably doesnt comre close to 63 but Koepka shoots 7-8 shots worse easily as he was in trouble all day but the softened greens let him get out of it without much damage.

He should be most sorry about his poor strategy.

Phil could have simply let the ball roll out, let his caddy get the ball, call an unplayable lie (which is an option after every shot), take the one shot penalty and re-putt from the same spot he shot earlier It would have been better for his score (one less stroke), his image, and actually been a smart play. Nobody would have criticized it.

But he is not as clever as he thinks he is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom