UB coach | Syracusefan.com

UB coach

Looks like he backtracked a bit and said it’s because they are senior laden and our players are younger.

This would be somewhat reassuring if we were really young but only 1 player in our starting five is an underclassman. Chukwu has been in college since Obama’s first term and tyus has played 6 seasons of college ball at this point based on minutes.

So is this guy a real jerk or what. I read that he said in the after game presser "we just have better players". Really? You say that? In the opposing teams house. On their conference network? Not that they played better, or executed better but have better players? JB complements the teams SU beats, is a gracious winner, says they have a good team, they'll do well in their conference. I also read where he taunted another team on Twitter. Is this how you represent your team and school.

Pretty sure the same lineups last year going against each other this year . One improved this year and one didn’t . What we win by 10 last year ?

We were also favored by 4 this year . So I don’t know how much better his players are.

So is this guy a real jerk or what. I read that he said in the after game presser "we just have better players". Really? You say that? In the opposing teams house. On their conference network? Not that they played better, or executed better but have better players? JB complements the teams SU beats, is a gracious winner, says they have a good team, they'll do well in their conference. I also read where he taunted another team on Twitter. Is this how you represent your team and school.

well they won so tonight and this season they are better. It's really up to our players to get mad or feel disrespected. Cuse players should have taken it personally after last year's game when he said we were soft. Instead, we showed we were softer.

This type of coaching speak is typically of up and coming coaches who really have nothing on their resumes and are just beginning to win big games (i.e Hurley). It's like the football player who celebrates wildly after scoring a touchdown instead of acting like he's been there before. You don't see this type of behavior at big times schools and once Oats gets a big time job you'll see him chill out and speak more professionally.

However, they beat us. They were tougher, played harder and made plays down the stretch. They were better coached and backed up their talk. It's up to our team to show fight and heart and we did not.

Cuse!

I think we can all agree with him. We have not shown that we can play two halfs. That falls heavily on coaching.

There is plenty of what's gone wrong to direct at coaching, but effort and killer instinct is not one of them. There were instances in the first and second half where Syracuse could have built a 10+ point lead but turned it over, bad shot selection and poor defense. This is what makes last night all the more frustrating. They had their chances to make Buffalo uncomfortable but didn't take advantage of the opportunity presented to them.

He’s what we briefly thought FHCSS could be and then sweet sweet crushing reality back handed us

Also keep in mind that while JB compliments other players, he also has spoken negatively about his own players numerous times. Love JB but glass house here

There is plenty of what's gone wrong to direct at coaching, but effort and killer instinct is not one of them. There were instances in the first and second half where Syracuse could have built a 10+ point lead but turned it over, bad shot selection and poor defense. This is what makes last night all the more frustrating. They had their chances to make Buffalo uncomfortable but didn't take advantage of the opportunity presented to them.

I can’t argue with that, but thats where a million dollar coach makes moves to recapture momentum and light a fire under some otherwise emotionless aces.

These were all fairly highly coveted recruits. It’s not exactly a bunch of moping losers. They have the killer instinct. The players got us to the sweet 16 last year.

I can't stand the guy, think he's a putz and most of what he's said in the last couple years bears that out. No problem with the "we've got better players" line, though. He said it respectfully and I'm all for talking up your guys and being honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom