UB coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UB coach

Love it - wish he’d be considered as the future head coach here.

He’s exactly the guy ub needed to dethrone us and it only took two years

Dethrone us and only took two years? Wth on both accounts. Is trueblue really nate oats?

For whatever its worth, think hes a very good coach. He just doesnt have any class. Not surprising his mentor was danny hurley. Hes hurley’s cloan, although slightly less obnoxious on the sideline.

Dethrone us and only took two years? Wth on both accounts. Is trueblue really nate oats?

Hey man - he came in the dome with a MAC team and beat us by double digits.

We can all sit here and dust off the march participation banners and JB’s achievements, but the nation does not care.

We just validated UB as a current national power, whether we will admit it ourselves or not.

Seriously. He has a team with 5 seniors. Built toward this year with some overachieving last year. Programs occasionally build to this and then you never hear from them again.

His comments are part of a PR tour, setting himself up to be anywhere else next year.

We can all sit here and dust off the march participation banners and JB’s achievements, but the nation does not care.

We just validated UB as a current national power, whether we will admit it ourselves or not.

I think you confuse what a national power is.

Gonzaga is national power.

Buffalo is not.

Loyola Chicago made the FF last year. Are they now a national power?

I think you confuse what a national power is.

Gonzaga is national power.

Buffalo is not.

Loyola Chicago made the FF last year. Are they now a national power?

As the years go by I’d rather just recognize a power as who’s good right now. I understand you’re description is the correct description, but I just see it as Ub’s currently a border top 10 team with a boatload of momentum.

Hey man, having a good season or two doesnt validate you as a “national power”. Theyre a good team. Enjoyed watching them beat arizona last year in the dance. But dethroning us implies they have surpassed us as a program, simply because they won a game. Thats an outrageous statement.

Im as dissappointed as anyone on the board about the state of syracuse basketball. I dont see it turning the corner anytime in near distant future, although ive been surprised before. But saying ub dethroned us and is a national power is very short sighted.

Enjoy this year though. Hopefully, ub can get beyond the first weekend of the ncaat. Maybe then we can give them national power status, although i think it takes more than that.

Hey man, having a good season or two doesnt validate you as a “national power”. Theyre a good team. Enjoyed watching them beat arizona last year in the dance. But dethroning us implies they have surpassed us as a program, simply because they won a game. Thats an outrageous statement.

Im as dissappointed as anyone on the board about the state of syracuse basketball. I dont see it turning the corner anytime in near distant future, although ive been surprised before. But saying ub dethroned us and is a national power is very short sighted.

Enjoy this year though. Hopefully, ub can get beyond the first weekend of the ncaat. Maybe then we can give them national power status, although i think it takes more than that.

In the chance SU misses the tournament I’m rooting for UB to win it all.

Their program is not a national power, though they’re skyrocketing accross the board under Oates. However, as things stands today there are not 15 teams better than them in the country imo. A lot can be attributed to their veterans.

I retract my calling them a national power. I think final four contender, at this time, is more appropriate.

UB has a chance to make some noise this year in the tourney. But next year, when all those seniors are gone and Oats has inevitably moved on to bigger and better things, they will almost certainly come crashing back to earth.

In the chance SU misses the tournament I’m rooting for UB to win it all.

Their program is not a national power, though they’re skyrocketing accross the board under Oates. However, as things stands today there are not 15 teams better than them in the country imo. A lot can be attributed to their veterans.

I retract my calling them a national power. I think final four contender, at this time, is more appropriate.

Theyre having a good team and good year. I will root for them too because im an upstate ny’er at heart. But how would nate oates be doing if hes had:

12 scholarships taken from him during past five years
5 early entries during that time

UB has a chance to make some noise this year in the tourney. But next year, when all those seniors are gone and Oats has inevitably moved on to bigger and better things, they will almost certainly come crashing back to earth.

No one denies theyre good this year. Theres good mid major teams every year.

On the other hand, lets not act like they whipped us. We led the majority of the game and couldve beaten them if not playing a terrible half, even by this teams standards. And we are not a good team.

Theyre having a good team and good year. I will root for them too because im an upstate ny’er at heart. But how would nate oates be doing if hes had:

12 scholarships taken from him during past five years
5 early entries during that time

Syracuse, on paper, has the deepest roster it’s seen in years. Boeheim’s failed to recruit an impactful 5, and is struggling to motivate his team to play with urgency for the entirety of the game.

We can’t use sanctions and early entries as an excuse anymore. It’s a path we’ve laid out for ourselves.

No one denies theyre good this year. Theres good mid major teams every year.

On the other hand, lets not act like they whipped us. We led the majority of the game and couldve beaten them if not playing a terrible half, even by this teams standards. And we are not a good team.

22-9 in the final 10 minutes is whooping us imo. Thats completely shutting down a team and closing a game comfortably.

Runs happen. Im not going away from that game thinking ub is a world beater, but whatever. Good for them.
That’s fair. I just give them an extra tip of the cap for doing that on the road in the dome. Regardless of quality, cuse teams don’t often let games run away from them like that at home.

Oh god damnit memories of St Johns are now flooding my head

That’s fair. I just give them an extra tip of the cap for doing that on the road in the dome. Regardless of quality, cuse teams don’t often let games run away from them like that at home.

Oh god damnit memories of St Johns are now flooding my head

Yeah, I'd draw a distinction between the two. St. John's, now that was wild. Like Seton Hall in 2011. Those don't happen at the Dome too much.

Last night was just a run-of-the-mill close loss that ended up with a misleading 70-something to 50-something score. SU had maybe two goofy five-point swings in the last couple minutes and then fouled at least twice to let UB pad the margin.

Yeah, I'd draw a distinction between the two. St. John's, now that was wild. Like Seton Hall in 2011. Those don't happen at the Dome too much.

Last night was just a run-of-the-mill close loss that ended up with a misleading 70-something to 50-something score. SU had maybe two goofy five-point swings in the last couple minutes and then fouled at least twice to let UB pad the margin.

A 6'8" guy that leads the world in missed dunks and the only Euro that can't shoot free throws will do that to ya.

Id tend to agree but our effort in the 2nd half was just so poor. They knew this opponent wants nothing more than to embarrass them. How do we take 5-10 min spans of the game off? It’s just slightly infuriating

I honestly think he's awesome. Pregame speech was awesome. And he said no disrespect to the Syracuse guys but I think we have better players. I'm not sure I can disagree with him.
I thought his pregame speech was lame. Not only that, he seemed unsure of what he was trying to say.

Let’s see what the Bulls do after all of these seniors are gone. Let’s see Oats rebuild...although it’s more likely he takes the first job offer and runs.

I'm reading here two things: the Syracuse program has poor players, poor coaching, no heart, no ability as evidenced by losing to lowly Buffalo. And that Buffalo is a national power, borderline top 10, 5 seniors, etc. If their uniforms said Kansas on the front would this meltdown be as hot and smelly? Because I'm struggling to understand what is happening with our fan base.

Then we must be pretty good as well.

That’s one way to look at it. I just believe we’re deeply flawed at the moment, and am intrigued to see how the old man reacts. The post game interview was not incredibly inspiring.

Yikes, did we establish Old Dominion too as a national power?

Yikes, did we establish Old Dominion too as a national power?

ODU’s not undefeated and ranked in the top 15 with multiple notable wins over the past couple years.

ODU was, by definition, a bad loss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom