UB coach | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UB coach

As the years go by I’d rather just recognize a power as who’s good right now. I understand you’re description is the correct description, but I just see it as Ub’s currently a border top 10 team with a boatload of momentum.
Problem with your description is that once UB gets into conference play, they no longer play either a nation wide schedule or ANY power teams until March. So yeah at the moment they maybe a national powerhouse but in 2 weeks, not so much.

Problem with your description is that once UB gets into conference play, they no longer play either a nation wide schedule or ANY power teams until March. So yeah at the moment they maybe a national powerhouse but in 2 weeks, not so much.
Normally i’d agree but when’s the last time a g5 similar to UB entered conference play ranked in the top 10 and didn’t stay on the national radar until march? Barring a collapse

I thought his pregame speech was lame. Not only that, he seemed unsure of what he was trying to say.

Let’s see what the Bulls do after all of these seniors are gone. Let’s see Oats rebuild...although it’s more likely he takes the first job offer and runs.

Yeah thats how it works at that level. The list begins and ends with Gonzaga as mid majors that can be good every year. You don't even have Wichita in that category anymore with their move to the AACK.

Fact is the team that beat Arizona wasn't all seniors and they have another crack at it and belong in the convo with Nevada and Gonzaga as non P5 monsters. Those teams don't lose players to the NBA so like Witchita the year they went undefeated and were a 1 seed you can build a very very good experienced team at a place like Buffalo and this guy has done exactly that.

You don't think this guy can do a decent job at his next (bigger) job? You don't think UB can hire another good coach the guy who coached UB before them is coaching a ranked team too right now FYI... UB seem to hit on their FB hires pretty regularly as well I don't think its a coincidence.

I wish the Bulls the best but I'd rather not schedule them and sign us up for a home and home with a peer P5 school instead. Its a friggen joke we don't play games like that and our players effort level shows that. Think its a coincidence Ohio State was the only game we played our best? Our guys didn't come to Syracuse to stave off pesky mid majors. Sadly the current approach to scheduling worked out perfectly last season so I doubt we deviate.

UB has a chance to make some noise this year in the tourney. But next year, when all those seniors are gone and Oats has inevitably moved on to bigger and better things, they will almost certainly come crashing back to earth.
Similar things were said when Hurley left and took the star point guard, shannon evans, with him

Similar things were said when Hurley left and took the star point guard, shannon evans, with him

I'm sure there will be an off year next year and likely a new coach but I'd put money on UB having another team that can make the tournament and win a game in the next 2-3 years.

I’d prefer to hold of on Buffalo crowning for a few days. They have 2 notable wins, but the jury is still out on SU & WVU with 8-9 losses between them. Marquette is in a similar category. They sweep all three and this could be a special team.

That said, the 5 seniors things is a black swan event and the sustainability of the program at or near the current rate is not something I’d bet my money on.

Hey man - he came in the dome with a MAC team and beat us by double digits.

We can all sit here and dust off the march participation banners and JB’s achievements, but the nation does not care.

We just validated UB as a current national power, whether we will admit it ourselves or not.

Will they even win the Mac next season when pretty much their entire team graduates?

Will they even win the Mac next season when pretty much their entire team graduates?
Possibly. Really interesting 2019, 4 juco commit class coming in. Unorthodox to say the least

He’s a winner and a recruiter. I say give him a good look. Kids look up to him and play for him.

We have more talent, they have better basketball players
We have the better playground bball team. They are the better bball team. Still no excuse with your season on the line at home losing that game.

Dethrone us? Who is your real team bro?

As of right now until we get rid of this bs bubble culture we’re not the best basketball team in New York. Im no longer buying the supposed positive trajectory of our program following the conclusion of sanctions. We’re stale. Our program’s on the decline and we should worry less about UB’s beating of us and more of the annual issues that are glaringly unresolved each year.

Of course I’m a Syracuse fan. I just care more about our present and visible future than the history some people seem to cling to.

As of right now until we get rid of this bs bubble culture we’re not the best basketball team in New York. Im no longer buying the supposed positive trajectory of our program following the conclusion of sanctions. We’re stale. Our program’s on the decline and we should worry less about UB’s beating of us and more of the annual issues that are glaringly unresolved each year.

Of course I’m a Syracuse fan. I just care more about our present and visible future than the history some people seem to cling to.

All that being said, that mid major team hasn’t dethroned jack. Sounds like you might feel more comfortable on the UB board. Nobody gives a crap about their coach or recruiting classes here.

All that being said, that mid major team hasn’t dethroned jack. Sounds like you might feel more comfortable on the UB board. Nobody gives a crap about their coach or recruiting classes here.

Only a sith deals in absolutes

Theyre having a good team and good year. I will root for them too because im an upstate ny’er at heart. But how would nate oates be doing if hes had:

12 scholarships taken from him during past five years
5 early entries during that time

IS this serious? Are you really going to say we have had to face more hardships and have had a harder time recruiting then a damn MAC school.

Always been a cuse fan, loudly. Found last night especially frustrating and am just fed up.
Well, you are a UB grad, aren't you? No shame in that, just disclose it up front.

4 jucos? That’s not screaming recruiter nor program builder to me. What’s he been doing the past 3 years?
Doesn’t to me either, I was more saying it’s weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom