UB rebranding itself as "New York" | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UB rebranding itself as "New York"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you take a deep breath and calm down. In no way was I making this personal. Never did I state it as my dream... I'm not even a UB first fan for christ sakes.

Also saying that Stony Brook would beat Buffalo by 3 touchdowns? The only teams to do that were NIU and Georgia. . .

For any of you that didn't know, Georgia went to the Capital One Bowl and beat Number 16 Nebraska and NIU went to the Orange Bowl and lost to FSU.

So before you make another baseless, fact-less, outlandish statement at least do some research. Thank you.
I think you need a timeout. Go take a nap. Your points are making everyone tired.

My genius has been exposed.

Also @All4SU

This year UB did not have 1 home game where it was above 45 degrees out. I can attest to this because I went to every game.

We are not the Packers, nor the Bills etc. Syracuse, argue this or not, is somewhat blessed to have the dome. I hate gong back to the Grob era but...

How many people do you think would attend Cuse games in an outdoor stadium when its 40 and raining or 30 and snowing whilst the Orange were in the midst of one of there...less than admirable...seasons of the early 2000s?

UB's fanbase will come along. UB is a younger program than Syracuse. These things take time.

In case you had not noticed, there have been a lot of changes in the last 10 years. Buffalo got left behind.

How about you take a deep breath and calm down. In no way was I making this personal. Never did I state it as my dream... I'm not even a UB first fan for christ sakes.

Also saying that Stony Brook would beat Buffalo by 3 touchdowns? The only teams to do that were NIU and Georgia. . .

For any of you that didn't know, Georgia went to the Capital One Bowl and beat Number 16 Nebraska and NIU went to the Orange Bowl and lost to FSU.

So before you make another baseless, fact-less, outlandish statement at least do some research. Thank you.

Deep breath and calm down? I laugh as I type. I think you may want to take some of your own advice. And don't lecture me on college athletics. I'm well aware of who Georgia and Nebraska are and their track records. I'm also aware of UB's rather limited resume.
You just sound a bit foolish trying to trumpet their abysmal academic track record, especially on the message board of a school with as much athletic cred as a Syracuse.

I admire your optimism on UB's future, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Syracuse plays big time college athletics. UB just doesn't. And I don't see any good reason for that to change. You should probably bring your message to a Western Mich or Ball State board and let them know that UB is about to be a break-out success. This is the wrong board for this discussion.

Ok, I'm officially bored with this. Good luck to your Bulls.

Your 2008 miracle UB team would've had a losing record in the BE..GRob might have even beaten that team despite being horrible on the sidelines. Remember that '08 team beat ND away

My miracle 2008 UB team?

Why are you guys so defensive? I'm clearly a Syracuse fan, been on this board for over a month. I'm just not going to blindly look down upon any presently "lesser" programs.

Saying 2008 Buffalo would have had a losing record in the Big East?

Yeah well 2012 Syracuse probably would have had a losing record in the SEC or Big 10.

Does this matter? No.

If we're going to argue conferences...when it comes to football I wouldn't. The MAC wasn't all to far behind the Big East. In my opinion, teams like NIU, Kent St. and Ohio would have been more than competitive in the Big East. Whether you agree or not with that means nothing. The past means, you guessed it, squat.

That was 2011 not last year.

Do any of you honestly believe Stony Brook would beat UB? Honest question.

Syracuse had a very off game against Stony Brook. Any other day I believe Syracuse would have beaten them by 4 or 5 touchdowns, maybe more.

UB is coming back with a strong veteran team next year. The MAC is only getting better.

Deep breath and calm down? I laugh as I type. I think you may want to take some of your own advice. And don't lecture me on college athletics. I'm well aware of who Georgia and Nebraska are and their track records. I'm also aware of UB's rather limited resume.
You just sound a bit foolish trying to trumpet their abysmal academic track record, especially on the message board of a school with as much athletic cred as a Syracuse.

What?

I admire your optimism on UB's future, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Syracuse plays big time college athletics. UB just doesn't. And I don't see any good reason for that to change. You should probably bring your message to a Western Mich or Ball State board and let them know that UB is about to be a break-out success. This is the wrong board for this discussion.

Ok, I'm officially bored with this. Good luck to your Bulls.

Message received. UB doesn't play big time athletics (features Baylor, OSU (#1 team in the country in my opinion), Uconn, Kent St., NIU and Ohio U next year).

I do have optimism for UB's future because with some reasonable changes theres no reason why this program shouldn't improve ten fold. Will they ever be comparable to SU? No probably not. At least not in your life time maybe.

Message received. UB doesn't play big time athletics (features Baylor, OSU (#1 team in the country in my opinion), Uconn, Kent St., NIU and Ohio U next year).

I do have optimism for UB's future because with some reasonable changes theres no reason why this program shouldn't improve ten fold. Will they ever be comparable to SU? No probably not. At least not in your life time maybe.

Not in my lifetime. But then I don't even buy green bananas.

Nor in your life time. There are haves, and then there are have-nots. The teams have already been picked. Syracuse is a "have". UB is a "have not". Not really a scandalous statement, just reality.

Playing 2 "haves" (UConn is a have-not now) does not make you a "have". It makes you the Washington Generals. UB is a MAC team. Its focus should be trying to be a consistently good MAC team. It's never going to have a spot at the big boy table. It doesn't play big time athletics. There's nothing wrong with that. And the divide is only becoming deeper with the new football playoff moneys/payouts.

And for the record, I met abysmal "athletic", not academic. I don't know enough about UB academics either way to make that type of judgement.

Nor in your life time. There are haves, and then there are have-nots. The teams have already been picked. Syracuse is a "have". UB is a "have not". Not really a scandalous statement, just reality.

Playing 2 "haves" (UConn is a have-not now) does not make you a "have". It makes you the Washington Generals. UB is a MAC team. Its focus should be trying to be a consistently good MAC team. It's never going to have a spot at the big boy table. It doesn't play big time athletics. There's nothing wrong with that. And the divide is only becoming deeper with the new football playoff moneys/payouts.

Arrogance. Uconn is a "have not" that is 6-3 against Syracuse football in it's time as a Big East football member.

Edit: There is a reason we play the games gentlemen. Last year is as good as last year. If you want to tell me that successful programs are already set in stone and others barred out and that's that...

Then I'm done here. That's arrogance beyond argument.

This is becoming rediculous. UB is nowhere near SU athletically and will not be for the foreseeable future.

However, it is hilarious when people from Syracuse or went to SU make fun of Buffalo. Syracuse is a smaller version of Buffalo. Same problems and same positives. Upstaters should unite not fight.

This is becoming rediculous. UB is nowhere near SU athletically and will not be for the foreseeable future.

However, it is hilarious when people from Syracuse or went to SU make fun of Buffalo. Syracuse is a smaller version of Buffalo. Same problems and same positives. Upstaters should unite not fight.

I agree with every bit of this post.

I have now seen it all on this board. Were arguing Buffalo vs Syracuse in Div 1 sports. This whole argument is pointless, Syracuse plays top end Div 1 BCS sports, UB does not. This like a Western Kentucky fan telling a UK or LVille fan about how WKU is on the verge of breaking out. Has UB beaten Syracuse in anything, ever? Ugh I long for the days of arguing about Hacket and playcalling.

This like a Western Kentucky fan telling a UK or LVille fan about how WKU is on the verge of breaking out. Has UB beaten Syracuse in anything, ever? Ugh I long for the days of arguing about Hacket and playcalling.

Fair analogy. Trueblue and zibby are lucky they haven't been laughed off the board already. Shame on us in engaging them in this ridiculousness.

Fair analogy. Trueblue and zibby are lucky they haven't been laughed off the board already. Shame on us in engaging them in this ridiculousness.

"Playing 2 "haves" (UConn is a have-not now) does not make you a "have". It makes you the Washington Generals. UB is a MAC team. Its focus should be trying to be a consistently good MAC team. It's never going to have a spot at the big boy table. It doesn't play big time athletics. There's nothing wrong with that. And the divide is only becoming deeper with the new football playoff moneys/payouts."

Did you take that one out of a UK vs. Western Kentucky ESPN conversation board?

I still can't get by that post. Probably one of the most laughable posts I've seen on a forum. I too am now laughing as I type.

Arrogance. Uconn is a "have not" that is 6-3 against Syracuse football in it's time as a Big East football member.

Edit: There is a reason we play the games gentlemen. Last year is as good as last year. If you want to tell me that successful programs are already set in stone and others barred out and that's that...

Then I'm done here. That's arrogance beyond argument.

You grew up in the Grob years didn't you? Just a funny feeling I get. Syracuse football has years and years and years of tradition. If you want to cherry pick a 10 year span during our worst 10 year stretch in our football history, so be it. The bottom line is there's a reason that despite our 10 year nightmare, we landed in the ACC and Uconn didn't. History and tradition matters. Brand matters. We have both. Uconn didn't.

And yes, the chasm between big time football and MaC level football will only continue to widen. You call it arrogance, I call it reality.

And with that, I give the UB fan the last word. Good luck to your Bulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom