UCLA basketball players arrested in China | Syracusefan.com

UCLA basketball players arrested in China

And the school did not take special effort to talk to them about how to act in a communist country, such as China? I would hope our school would do that.
It's not like they violated some arcane Chinese custom that deserved a special warning. I mean, they stole stuff. Did they really need someone to tell them: "We're traveling to another country. While there, try not to commit any crimes."?

Last edited:
It's not like they violated some arcane Chinese custom that deserved a special warning. I mean, they stole stuff. Did they really need someone to tell them: "We're traveling to another country. While we're there, try not to commit any crimes."?
Yes! It is a country with a different set of laws. As a school you need to make sure that they are aware of the differences. Maybe it comes with 30 years of hard labor.

Yes! It is a country with a different set of laws. As a school you need to make sure that they are aware of the differences. Maybe it comes with 30 years of hard labor.
Have they seen "NatGeo: Arrested Overseas"? But ok, I guess I have to agree that it's a good idea to remind players of proper behavior on a foreign trip, even obvious things like "taking other people's stuff is wrong". Maybe the players figured stealing was permissible in China since the government does it all the time. ;)

Last edited:
And what were their SAT scores were again?

And they better hope the Ball's sneakers are made there and not Vietnam.

And the Police chief there is a Sean Miller fan.

And what were their SAT scores were again?

And they better hope the Ball's sneakers are made there and not Vietnam.

And the Police chief there is a Sean Miller fan.
Sean Miller coaches Arizona

anigif_enhanced-buzz-20461-1389550592-5.gif

This really puts stuff in perspective for me. I was feeling sorry for myself after watching the first half of the last game. It could be worse though, our players could be in a Chinese prison.
YES!! Now you’re in the swing of how we’re going to survive this year in basketball and be a grateful fan, besides. Ha ha!

And as we like to say in NY, “Hey! You never know.”

I hope those stupid stupid players are going to be okay.

I wonder if UCLA will suspend the players. It would give suspension-riddled GA Tech a fighting chance.

From a foreign relations standpoint, they both should get on the plane home.

"American sends crooked teams to China."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom