Uconn being investigated by NCAA | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn being investigated by NCAA

One of the funniest things I've read around this situation is that when news of the NCCA inquiry broke, AD David Benedict "was traveling through Asia, including stops in Vietnam and China, for Nike-related business." This per the Hartford Courant.

Benedict is now saying all sorts of things about "waking up thinking about compliance," etc.

Nothing ironic there at all.

comments.gif

Syracuse?
Once JB is out, it’ll be interesting to see how the program handles the current “all-SU family” staff.
Do we pick from Red, Gmac, AG, & maybe call back Hop? Or do they all get canned and we bring in an “outsider “ like Hurley?

Once JB is out, it’ll be interesting to see how the program handles the current “all-SU family” staff.
I speak from experience, go outside the family.
As far as the NCAA looking into the program, it appears to pre-date chillious, unless they're looking at who he recruited prior to UConn. The odd part is given the stuff that has gone on recently at UNCheat, Baylor, MSU & Louisville, why would they spend over 100 hours on folks we didn't get. Apparently we cheat as poorly as we play (I put the ball on a tee so go ahead and swing away). Someone in your thread nailed it when they said they would go after low hanging fruit to show they still had some power. After UNC getting off completely unscathed, they showed they had no teeth so someone has to pay. Still amazes me they couldn't question the eligibility of the players who took those classes.

I speak from experience, go outside the family.
As far as the NCAA looking into the program, it appears to pre-date chillious, unless they're looking at who he recruited prior to UConn. The odd part is given the stuff that has gone on recently at UNCheat, Baylor, MSU & Louisville, why would they spend over 100 hours on folks we didn't get. Apparently we cheat as poorly as we play (I put the ball on a tee so go ahead and swing away). Someone in your thread nailed it when they said they would go after low hanging fruit to show they still had some power. After UNC getting off completely unscathed, they showed they had no teeth so someone has to pay. Still amazes me they couldn't question the eligibility of the players who took those classes.

storz is in the same boat as SU vs. the NCAA. A big enough name to target to show they are serious but not a blue blood that gets protected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom