UConn Game Day Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Game Day Thread

unreal. frank has been playing very well this season. Don't have a bad game. This board is ridiculous.
Howard shot 6-17 against Kansas. So that is 7-28 over 2 games. He had a TERRIBLE game tonight, not a bad game. I'm certainly hoping for the best but it is one thing to play well against mediocre competition and another thing to play well against good teams.

Earlier I did get upset that Wildhack hasn’t retired Moyer’s number yet.

I might have blamed Gross for it too, I’d have to go back and look.
They would have spelled his name wrong.

Frank had an off game. Let’s hope he cleans it up against Colgate.

Glad JB kept him in the game. It was in hand, no reason to crush Franks spirts by taking him out for a frosh that’s played 20 minutes. JB stayed positive and coached him. Best move imo.

I said earlier I don’t care how we win but that we win.
UConn was utter garbage.
The refs killed the flow to the game.
Our offense was great the first 10 minutes then we basically coasted.

Howard shot 6-17 against Kansas. So that is 7-28 over 2 games. He had a TERRIBLE game tonight, not a bad game. I'm certainly hoping for the best but it is one thing to play well against mediocre competition and another thing to play well against good teams.
Well, in case you haven't noticed, he is all we got. So he better be good.

I know it is difficult for you to understand nuance but, I wasn't doing that. going slowly for you, I was talking about the fickle nature of this board. Kill Frank tonight. Love Moyer tonight. Saturday will be a different pairing. Understand now?

Haha... picking on u is too easy

So u don’t post all game long. Then your 1st two posts are to hoist up Frank and put down Moyer. Well played.

Yeah, I could never jump into a game thread after the game. That’s a fate worse than death. Either you jump in during, or you just wait until the game ends and read the new threads.

Don’t chase the bus down the street. There will be another one.

Any win is a good win. But this was the worst we've played this year. And most of the problem was Frank. Good grief he was bad in every phase of the game. If Thorpe was still on the team he would have played a ton tonight.

Frank had an off game. Let’s hope he cleans it up against Colgate.

Glad JB kept him in the game. It was in hand, no reason to crush Franks spirts by taking him out for a frosh that’s played 20 minutes. JB stayed positive and coached him. Best move imo.
I agree. The team will live or die with Howard at PG.

I don't disagree. And if I were king for a day, I'd prefer that JB would use the bench more judiciously.

But Boeheim does things differently.

I'm guessing that if Washington has played a lot more, or shown a lot more, or was a sophomore that JB was more comfortable with, then he would have sat Frank's azz tonight. But none of those things are the case as things stand today, so it is unrealistic to expect him to sit the guy who has arguably been the team's MIP to this point in the season.
Agree with your post 100%. Here's to hoping that HW develops quickly... 'cause I think we may need him at some point. UConn is not an ACC-caliber squad this year. Frank's gonna face much stiffer competition than the huskies.

Frank was fine against Kansas.
Tonight he had a bad game.
He is a key cog so I understand him playing the whole game.
If Geno Thorpe was available I am sure he would have gotten some second half run.
JB knew UConn sucked offensively so he basically kept FH in so the D stayed solid.

It kinda weirded me out to see UConn being this bad, they might not be the worst team we played so far this year but they're pretty close to the bottom. How far has that program fallen my God.
Football killed their basketball program.

I just feel badly for Oshae. He’s got a group presentation tomorrow morning in my class. 9:30 am. I used random group assignment and scheduling and he ended up drawing the short straw.

Doubt they make it back to campus until 3am.

You serious?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom