UCONN/Kentucky 2nd Round | Syracusefan.com

UCONN/Kentucky 2nd Round

UConn, Wichita, Indiana, UNLV, Notre Dame, Baylor...gotta say, I don't think they did Kentucky any favors other than Duke as a 2 seed.

Kentucky will roll them

But I'll be cheering for uconn for the first time in ages

Saw that coming weeks ago.
I mentioned this a few weeks back and you quoted me saying that it probably wouldn't happen. I can't remember. Anyway, UCONN beats UK as my original post states.

Probably, but don't overlook ISU - pretty good team

UConn, Wichita, Indiana, UNLV, Notre Dame, Baylor...gotta say, I don't think they did Kentucky any favors other than Duke as a 2 seed.

Didn't Indiana lose their starting point guard? How scary are they? Should they even be a 4?

It's kind of SU's nice gift to UK. Our beating UConn kept them in the 8/9 range (along with our earlier victories).

Has to kind of make UK eat a little crow on just what they really think of SU's wins and schedule.

On the flip side we potentially get Vandy, but that is a round later. But I think UConn would beat Vandy and we get them later.

Could be an interesting matchup of athletes but I can't see UCon pulling it off in the end, they'll struggle like hell offensively.

South region in general seems pretty weak, UK should walk through it.

Could be an interesting matchup of athletes but I can't see UCon pulling it off in the end, they'll struggle like hell offensively.

South region in general seems pretty weak, UK should walk through it.

I agree...don't see what others see in declaring it the toughest bracket.

Honestly think Iowa State will beat UConn. UConn matches up HORRIBLY against them. And I think Iowa State is the kind of team that can upset Kentucky too. One of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country. If they can just get hot for one night, it could definitely be enough to take down UK.

I'm more worried about our own games though.

Honestly think Iowa State will beat UConn. UConn matches up HORRIBLY against them. And I think Iowa State is the kind of team that can upset Kentucky too. One of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country. If they can just get hot for one night, it could definitely be enough to take down UK.

I'm more worried about our own games though.

I don't see it that way. I think Uconn is going to give a team like Iowa State [who I like a lot] fits with their size / tenacity. Should be a great game.

If UConn plays Kentucky in Round 2, UConn wins. They have Calhoun back and they are playing more like a team. Calipari will let the NBA talk go to his head, too.

I don't see it that way. I think Uconn is going to give a team like Iowa State [who I like a lot] fits with their size / tenacity. Should be a great game.

The 8/9 teams seem stronger this year than I'm used to remember, but maybe I say that every year lol. But Iowa State, UConn, Creighton, Memphis, and K-State are all pretty challenging teams.

The 8/9 teams seem stronger this year than I'm used to remember, but maybe I say that every year lol. But Iowa State, UConn, Creighton, Memphis, and K-State are all pretty challenging teams.

No doubt. I live in Minneapolis, and as a daily college hoops watcher, I've seen a ton of Iowa State. Love their shooting / moxie. I just don't see them beating uconn [and I'm the biggest uconn hater on the board--would love to see them get embarrassed in the first round].

I'm also not confident that even if uconn wins as I predict against Iowa State, that they'd give UK as big of a challenge as people think. Frankly, I think that Napier is garbage, and Lamb is the weakest type of likely lottery pick in recent memory. But they are dangerous.

The last four are traditionally better seeds, which may influence that perception. I agree, they do look more imposing than most years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom