Uconn opens -7 over SU... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn opens -7 over SU...

UConn beat Missouri and Houston last year. They lost to USF at home 28 to 20 last year. How'd we do? They've beaten Virginia on Saturday. Yes, I know Virginia is rebuilding, but who isn't saying the same about us? I would assume this will be a challenging game for us and I'd take them very seriously. Considering our injuries and roster depth I think 7 point dog is about right.

UConn beat Missouri and Houston last year. They lost to USF at home 28 to 20 last year. How'd we do? They've beaten Virginia on Saturday. Yes, I know Virginia is rebuilding, but who isn't saying the same about us? I would assume this will be a challenging game for us and I'd take them very seriously. Considering our injuries and roster depth I think 7 point dog is about right.
As opposed to some of the posters on this site, I am confident that HCDB is taking them very seriously. Head coaches tend to do that. ;)

I do think we'll take them seriously. I just don't think they'll be able to keep up.

They need to pray for rain and mud.

I actually like SU +7. I don't know if SU wins but I think the game will be tight

Yikes. So on a neutral field they would be favored?

bagdad%2Bgif.gif

last year is last years means nothing towards this year. Nobody is saying its a gimmee but we are saying its a much more winnable game athletes wise compared to last 2 games.

They lost to Missouri 9-6 last year. They beat Virginia because UVA missed two chip shot field goals. They should have lost to Maine as well.

If you're going to pick UConn to win, fine, but get your facts right. (Editing this because this came off way more harsh than I intended. UConn is good at keeping games close, but they're terrible on offense. Their coach also seems to make terrible decisions. I think we're going to win. But who the f knows.)

Last edited:
They should be a td favorite. We have done nothing with 3 home games to suggest we are better than that. Maybe this team needs to get away from the 30k in the dome. Hey, when i am struggling, i get in the car and drive. Maybe a 2.5 hr drive to Connecticut will be therapeutic;) grab us at +7 while you can! We get bet down to +5 is my prediction.

Ish88888 said:
They should be a td favorite. We have done nothing with 3 home games to suggest we are better than that. Maybe this team needs to get away from the 30k in the dome. Hey, when i am struggling, i get in the car and drive. Maybe a 2.5 hr drive to Connecticut will be therapeutic;) grab us at +7 while you can! We get bet down to +5 is my prediction.

I wish the drive was only 2.5 hours, but I get your point.

OttoinGrotto said:
While I expect that UCONN is looking at their schedule and realizing they need this game so we'll get their best, I just don't think they're capable of scoring. It's not the game they want to play.
Are you saying that teams pick and choose which game to give their "best"?

Deuga said:
UVa lost to Richmond. Let that rattle around a bit.

+7 to UConn... Reality check time. Vegas obviously thinks the D is that bad. UConn is 111th in the country in total O (after playing Maine Navy Va).

this line is based on points SU has given up and nothing else.. the public saw the UL score and the USF score and will play it off of that.. 10 people even know Uconn has a team so their scores dont matter.

Take uconn our defense cant stop a piece of paper from blowing down the field.

Considering the fact that the last two teams we played are known for exceptional scoring while the teams UConn has beaten are known for not scoring. UConn is noted for possessing a stingy defense but they will tire out late in the third quarter. Though their offense will grind out their possessions, the fast pace of play while on D along with a lack of substitution should work in Syracuse' favor.

Add to the above, the fact that each of the three teams Syracuse has played can play defense and the Syracuse offense should be able to score. I understand the Syracuse D is a weak spot, I still think this game is won by the Offense late in the game.

By nothing you mean scoring more than FSU did vs Louisville, or almost breaking last years record for passing yards in three games, or having a WR approaching career numbers of other Syracuse players - all while looking like we're running at 60% efficiency?

Diaco has wet dreams with less scoring.

If uconn pulls anything like a 500 yard 30 point game, we need to pull a buffalo. They are a horrible offensive team.

They lost to Missouri 9-6 last year.

If you're going to pick UConn to win, fine, but get your facts right. (Editing this because this came off way more harsh than I intended. UConn is good at keeping games close, but they're terrible on offense. Their coach also seems to make terrible decisions. I think we're going to win. But who the f knows.)
My bad on Mizzou. Thank you for correcting.

Their last 16 games they have averaged 17.75 ppg (including 2 games vs FCS). So if we give up twice their average (35 points), they would have to hold SU to under 28 points just to cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom