Uconn opens -7 over SU... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn opens -7 over SU...

Very early money coming in Orange. Down to -6

690West said:
Very early money coming in Orange. Down to -6

I think it goes to -3 eventually.

Still don't understand all the chest thumping bravado...The defense we have is arguably the worst in college football and the offense isn't good enough (yet) to win on their own. Be one thing if we covered Saturday, this will be a very difficult game on the road as we never seem to have played well there, in fact have we ever won there? ( There's that)

Syracuse decent on offense very bad Defense, UCONN just the opposite.. I see a close one, very close. Two peer programs at the present time

Still don't understand all the chest thumping bravado...The defense we have is arguably the worst in college football and the offense isn't good enough (yet) to win on their own. Be one thing if we covered Saturday, this will be a very difficult game on the road as we never seem to have played well there, in fact have we ever won there? ( There's that)

Syracuse decent on offense very bad Defense, UCONN just the opposite.. I see a close one, very close. Two peer programs at the present time

I'm not sure Uconn has the athletes to turn the corner and go 50+ five times a game.

Until we beat an FBS team I won't be at all surprised by us being considered an underdog. We should be. Great offenses or not, we've been crushed the last tword games. Our dynamic offense has not been able to keep up and our defense has not slowed other teams down when we've had a lull.

I believe in Dino long term, but my faith for any sort of success this year is eroding. I think our defense is going to make some bad offenses look good. We find out this week how much of our problem has been opposing offenses vs our defense.

I'm not sure Uconn has the athletes to turn the corner and go 50+ five times a game.

I don't think they do either, but they have a solid defense and until I see the defense stop anyone other than Colgate I think the line is warranted. In addition, we have never played very well there, and actually never won there unless I am mistaking.

Game comes down to the ability of the defense to make a few stops, give up somewhere between 21-24 we should win. I certainly wouldn't bet either team as they are both really pretty bad right now...

Stop being P*ssies guys. We are GOING to win this game 38-21. We are going to give ND everything they can handle and then we're going to throttle WF. Season is on after that. Let's assume Dino now knows what he really has to operate with after playing two dynamic offenses. Things are gonna get better not worse.

The bigger debate to me is figuring out a way to schedule going forward being in a division that is quasi SEC-ish with FSU/Clemson/Louisville. We need to go Umass, Uconn, Colgate, Buffalo OOC. There is no selection sunday concerns. I'm sick of getting dinged up by the big boys injury wise before we get into the meat of our schedule.

I don't think they do either, but they have a solid defense and until I see the defense stop anyone other than Colgate I think the line is warranted. In addition, we have never played very well there, and actually never won there unless I am mistaking.

Game comes down to the ability of the defense to make a few stops, give up somewhere between 21-24 we should win. I certainly wouldn't bet either team as they are both really pretty bad right now...

I agree. Plus with this offense the turnover bug could hit and give Uconns bad offense a couple short fields or a defensive score. Personally I think the offense needs to have a great game. We have shown flashes the first few weeks but we have left a ton of points on the field as well.

Exactly. Peer programs don't get 7 points.

I also think a tie goes to the better O. We've lived it for 10 years.

Colgate may have a better offense. Maine did.

I say they rip off 3 straight wins. super unimpressed w ND
I am not impressed with ND either but we aren't a good match up for them. They struggle with physical teams that they don't match up with in the trenches. We don't fit that description. They are going to score at will.

I honestly think we are going to beat UConn Saturday. But I really hope posters aren't making actual bets based on what they're reading in the weekly 690West point spread thread.

I honestly think we are going to beat UConn Saturday. But I really hope posters aren't making actual bets based on what they're reading in the weekly 690West point spread thread.
I never advise that. Notice I rarely make a comment about how to bet, and when i do its tongue in cheek because I have no clue just like everyone else.

Keep in mind, though, everyone so often I do come out with a "690 FIVE STAR super lock" People who have paid attention to those have profited handsomely! **

This is one of my favorite pics. Its me and my wife right after Louisville in 2007. Greatest Moneyline win ever.
passengers-inside-private-jet-airplane-picture-id500669776

**I don't actually keep track but I bet its true

Last edited:
I never advise that. Notice I rarely make a comment about how to bet, and when i do its tongue in cheek because I have no clue just like everyone else.

Keep in mind, though, everyone so often I do come out with a "690 FIVE STAR super lock" People who have paid attention to those have profited handsomely! **

**I don't actually keep track but I bet its true

You sound like every degenerate at the track with that post...:):):). Hey, parked in your lot Saturday, I was running late so you may have already packed up and headed into the dome..

Just to confirm, I wasn't insulting you at all. I think you're very even-keeled with betting. I just meant in general, any betting thread will have 90% of people saying the home team will cover.

Colgate may have a better offense. Maine did.

UConn's main problem on offense is the O-line: one of the worst I've seen in D1 football. DL may not be our strength, but if we can't hold our own with these guys, we have serious issues.

Their skill guys aren't terrible. The QB Shirreffs is not what we've seen the past two weeks, but still can beat you with his legs. Not a great passer if they're forced to throw, but can hurt you on play action. They have a scatback Newsome who is dangerous in space and a large TB Johnson who may be a challenge for our smallish LBs and DBs. Also a very good senior wideout named Thomas.

But they get close to zero from the line -- hopefully we can dominate at the LOS.

Just thankful that we are (miraculously) in a Power5 than that DOG of a program we play on Saturday that's so desperately trying to get there...in which we are a 'dog to. :(:)

I've watched UConn play several times this year. They aren't as explosive as the ville or usf but can still hurt us. The have quick back, a punishing back, a mobile quarterback, and one big fast reliable receiver. I suspect they will get their points albeit in a slower fashion than our previous opponents. That means fewer chances on offense for us, we can't afford to be inefficient since we won't have as many chances to score. Also, not sure our offense will be as potent being on the road and on grass. I see this game at best as a toss-up, team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. PS I'm a diehard cuse fan, just call em like I see em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom