Uconn opens -7 over SU... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn opens -7 over SU...

People over at the Boneryard can be very inhospitable to guests .

I don't know which group is worse the Boneyard clowns, or the braniacs over at the Rutgers forum.

I don't know which group is worse the Boneyard clowns, or the braniacs over at the Rutgers forum.

NCstate fans could be thrown in there too but you were referring to fans on message boards and they don't have internet or computers.

NCstate fans could be thrown in there too but you were referring to fans on message boards and they don't have internet or computers.

I guess I don't care enough about Nc State to go over to their board.

i think the problem is that they play basically the exact opposite of our new style, and they have a 2 year head start, and i'm not sure how discernable the talent gap if there is one. if they dictate the tempo, and make it into a short game, we will likely struggle. if we can score and make it into a points game, they will have trouble. coin flip the way i see it. it's hard to know, colgate is better than maine, and both Louisville and south florida are better than navy and Virginia.

i think the problem is that they play basically the exact opposite of our new style, and they have a 2 year head start, and i'm not sure how discernable the talent gap if there is one. if they dictate the tempo, and make it into a short game, we will likely struggle. if we can score and make it into a points game, they will have trouble. coin flip the way i see it. it's hard to know, colgate is better than maine, and both Louisville and south florida are better than navy and Virginia.

I think USF and Louisville are light years ahead of those teams. UCONN has beaten one winning team in the last year (Houston). That's one more than us - but we play a much, much tougher schedule.

I agree with you about tempo/style. We jump on them and get up a lot - it's over. We play like we did 2nd half of USF and yikes.

The one time I went to Rutgers the people were genuinely nice to us while we tailgated in 2010. At UConn in 2011 we got accosted in the bathroom and had people screaming at us everywhere we walked. UConn is the worst.

I hate playing the whole transitive property game, but UConn has played a horrible schedule. The Maine team that they white knuckled a 24-21 win against lost to Toledo 45-3. UVA should have beat them. Colgate is significantly better than Maine. The UConn team that almost lost to Maine would have lost to Colgate that night. Maybe they've improved, but if Virginia was able to stymie their offense, then we should be able to get some stops.

The D is going to give up some points, but I have a feeling the offense is going to be happy after dealing with Louisville (one of the best defenses in the country that shut down FSU worse than they shut us down) and USF with its bigger/faster/stronger athletes.

I'm a Syracuse football fan, so I'm always worried...but we'll be able to put up some points on them and we might give Diaco a stroke in his red skinny jeans when we go for it on 4th and 3 from our own 30 up 21 in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
houston has shown with Ward they are pretty good. without him like the uconn game not so much.

The one time I went to Rutgers the people were genuinely nice to us while we tailgated in 2010. At UConn in 2011 we got accosted in the bathroom and had people screaming at us everywhere we walked. UConn is the worst.

I hate playing the whole transitive property game, but UConn has played a horrible schedule. The Maine team that they white knuckled a 24-21 win against lost to Toledo 45-3. UVA should have beat them. Colgate is significantly better than Maine. The UConn team that almost lost to Maine would have lost to Colgate that night. Maybe they've improved, but if Virginia was able to stymie their offense, then we should be able to get some stops.

The D is going to give up some points, but I have a feeling the offense is going to be happy after dealing with Louisville (one of the best defenses in the country that shut down FSU worse than they shut us down) and USF with its bigger/faster/stronger athletes.

I'm a Syracuse football fan, so I'm always worried...but we'll be able to put up some points on them and we might Diaco a stroke in his red skinny jeans when we go for it on 4th and 3 from our own 30 up 21 in the 4th quarter.

They really are awful.

Anyone who has ever attended a BET can attest to that.

Looking forward to curb stomping them this weekend, which despite the line is exactly what I expect.

They really are awful.

Anyone who has ever attended a BET can attest to that.

Looking forward to curb stomping them this weekend, which despite the line is exactly what I expect.

The one thing every BE fan base could agree on was how awful UConn fans were at the BET.

I still can't get over this line, even at -4 UCONN.

I honestly believe we'd be 3-0 vs their schedule and they might be 0-3 vs ours.

Here's my ranking of our opponents, followed by the Football Outsiders S&P+ ranking (taken with a grain of salt this early, and knowing that FCS is not included):

1. Louisville (#8)
2. USF (#38)
3. Navy (#74)
4. UVa (#75)
5. Colgate
6. Maine

And honestly, UVa did lose to FCS Richmond. Colgate might give them a game.

(Note: those rankings have us at #48, and UCONN at #79)

I still can't get over this line, even at -4 UCONN.

I honestly believe we'd be 3-0 vs their schedule and they might be 0-3 vs ours.

Here's my ranking of our opponents, followed by the Football Outsiders S&P+ ranking (taken with a grain of salt this early, and knowing that FCS is not included):

1. Louisville (#8)
2. USF (#38)
3. Navy (#74)
4. UVa (#75)
5. Colgate
6. Maine

And honestly, UVa did lose to FCS Richmond. Colgate might give them a game.

(Note: those rankings have us at #48, and UCONN at #79)

I don't think it is any more accurate but I like to use Sagarin since it includes FCS teams:

Louisville 4th
USF 34th
Navy 61st
SU 80th
UVA 90th
UConn 95th
Colgate 138th
Maine 177th

I don't think it is any more accurate but I like to use Sagarin since it includes FCS teams:

Louisville 4th
USF 34th
Navy 61st
SU 80th
UVA 90th
UConn 95th
Colgate 138th
Maine 177th
And Sagarin's predictor column shows after home field factored in, Cuse is a 1 point favorite this Saturday. Man, that flies in the face of the original Uconn -7 to start the week. Very interesting.

Im not betting but if I did Id bet Uconn minus points. I think we lose by 10. But then again Im burnt after the last 15 years so dont listen to me.

Im not betting but if I did Id bet Uconn minus points. I think we lose by 10. But then again Im burnt after the last 15 years so dont listen to me.

You think we will fail to score 20 points this game? Because there is no way (without TOs and STs) that UConn puts up 30 points. I think 27 points for them is possible but still might be a stretch. So for them to win by 10, we would have to only score 17.

You think we will fail to score 20 points this game? Because there is no way (without TOs and STs) that UConn puts up 30 points. I think 27 points for them is possible but still might be a stretch. So for them to win by 10, we would have to only score 17.
hope your right, want to be wrong.

UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 1h1 hour ago
#UConn head coach Bob Diaco is set to address the media at 12 p.m. as part of his weekly press conference schedule. Stay tuned. #UConnNation

HCBD: We're very excited to have the opportunity to make a lot of corrections after win. Energy is high and the players are positive.

HCBD: "There aren't alot of seniors but there is a strong group of seniors. They're a great group for our team to follow

HCBD: "The tight ends are excellent players. I like all our tight ends and I want to put them in different sets and formations."

HCBD: We have to get Arkeel the ball. We're always talking about. He needs the ball. He's got a pretty overwhelming role on offense

HCBD: I believe that we're built psychically and systemically well but it's still very challenging.

HCBD: "I think it's an exciting match-up with a local university. I think that's pretty cool and hope the trend will continue.

Last edited:
UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 1h1 hour ago
#UConn head coach Bob Diaco is set to address the media at 12 p.m. as part of his weekly press conference schedule. Stay tuned. #UConnNation

HCDB: We're very excited to have the opportunity to make a lot of corrections after win. Energy is high and the players are positive.

HCBD: "There aren't alot of seniors but there is a strong group of seniors. They're a great group for our team to follow

HCBD: "The tight ends are excellent players. I like all our tight ends and I want to put them in different sets and formations."

HCDB: We have to get Arkeel the ball. We're always talking about. He needs the ball. He's got a pretty overwhelming role on offense

HCDB: I believe that we're built psychically and systemically well but it's still very challenging.

HCBD: "I think it's an exciting match-up with a local university. I think that's pretty cool and hope the trend will continue.
So, Dino provided half of the answers?
:crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom