UConn passing us... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UConn passing us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you tell people not to talk about John Wallace and then bring up Donyell Marshall. We beat them for Kadary Richmond. Is that recent enough. He signed on November 13. That is less than a month ago. Honestly I don't feel like we have gone head to head with Yukon on many kids over the last few years. We have also been better than them in regular season record and tournament results. I'm not sure where you are getting this from but they have not passed us.
Please see list of names in recent years:
Akok last year.
Jackson this year. We got Richmond as the consolation prize when they beat us out on Jackson.
Sid Wilson
Alterique Gilbert
There's four off the top of my head.

Name our recruiting wins over them.....

I discussed Donyell Marshall because he was the recruit that UConn beat us on that started their rise under Jim Calhoun I asked for recent examples on recruiting wins for us vs. UConn. I asked this because this is how UConn started catching up to and surpassing us back in the day. I now fear history may repeat itself.

Big John was mentioned because I admired him for not taking the negative recruiting bait from UConn during NCAA investigation.

Akok last year.
Jackson this year. We got Richmond as the consolation prize when they beat us out on Jackson.
Sid Wilson
Alterique Gilbert

Name our recruiting wins over them...

I discussed Donyell Marshall because he was the recruit that UConn beat us on that started their rise under Jim Calhoun I asked for recent examples on recruiting wins for us vs. UConn. I asked this because this is how UConn started catching up to and surpassing us back in the day. I now fear history may repeat itself.

Big John was mentioned because I admired him for not taking the negative recruiting bait from UConn during NCAA investigation.
You seem to follow UConn recruiting closely. Hmm Some of the guys that led us to a tournament the last three years would have looked good on those losing UConn teams. I guess they didn't even try to recruit them.

I thought he was going to Maryland until Calhoun gave up the bag?
guys, I meant this to be a recent history of Hurley vs. JB recruiting.

I only mentioned Donyell Marshall because I felt he was the key recruit they got from us to start their final four runs under calhoun

UCONN has also won the most BE titles and is tied with the HOYAS for most BET titles. yeah they passed us.

You seem to follow UConn recruiting closely. Hmm Some of the guys that led us to the tournament the last three years would have looked good on those losing UConn teams. I guess they didn't even try to recruit them.
I used to live for recruiting. I paid for all the services, mags, etc.

My point is head to head recruiting against Hurley. They weren't recruiting Battle or Brissett under Hurley.

Again, I hope this recent trend of recruiting losses To UConn doesn't continue regardless if they're good or bad .

I think we are just going to start naming guys who played for Yukon 15 years ago and hope there is no one that remembers back that far. I'll go next. Kevin Freeman. I heard he was ours and then Boeheim decided he wanted Lasean Howard instead. Great move.

I think we are just going to start naming guys who played for Yukon 15 years ago and hope there is no one that remembers back that far. I'll go next. Kevin Freeman. I heard he was ours and then Boeheim decided he wanted Lasean Howard instead. Great move.
I named 4 from the last 2-3 years. And you named Richmond...lol

we were in his final 5:

russ blake: Syracuse is a program that has had some great success with a Baltimore guy recently, with Carmelo Anthony leading them to a national title last March. Can you talk a little about them and Carmelo's role in your consideration of the Orangemen?
rudy gay : Of course, he has an impact in it. But I just feel as though I can come in there, step in, and get immediate playing time and help them get back to where they were a year ago. I think I fit good into their program, how they play, they play around their forwards and I think I will be a small forward in college.

I used to live for recruiting. I paid for all the services, mags, etc.

My point is head to head recruiting against Hurley. They weren't recruiting Battle or Brissett under Hurley.

Again, I hope this recent trend of recruiting losses To UConn doesn't continue regardless if they're good or bad .
Well, it depends on the situation. Akok Akok was an inside job. His high school is down the street. And Andre took a look at both rosters and made the best decision for him. A clear path to start at UConn and potential road blocks in front of him at Syracuse. UConn is going no where with Danny Hurley.

Akok last year.
Sid Wilson
Alterique Gilbert

Name our recruiting wins over them...

Akok is valid and they had the inside track on him. Richmond was not a consolation prize Jackson and Richmond are equals in my opinion. Wilson and Gilbert I did not like and was not for getting.

Akok is valid and they had the inside track on him. Richmond was not a consolation prize Jackson and Richmond are equals in my opinion. Wilson and Gilbert I did not like and was not for getting.
Make no mistake...Jax was our first choice. We didn't even extend an offer to Richmond until Jax verballed to UConn...wow

Make no mistake...Jax was our first choice. We didn't even extend an offer to Richmond until Jax verballed to UConn...wow
You have no way of knowing that. None. Maybe one of your mags told you that. But our coaches were on Richmond for a very long time. Would they have taken Jax first. Most probably. But that had more to do with location than talent.

I actually like Richmond more. Only because he can actually shoot the ball.
I don't disagree. We did get beat head to head for our 1st choice...fact...

I named 4 from the last 2-3 years. And you named Richmond...lol
This was in response to Rudy Gay's recruitment which was a long time ago. You didn't name 4 you named 2 and 2 other people that we didn't want. I can start just naming people Tyus Battle, Oshae Brissett, Tyler Lydon. Our recruiting has dropped off for multiple reasons and no one is happy about it. Yukon has not passed us but you can follow them if you like.

You have no way of knowing that. None. Maybe one of your mags told you that. But our coaches were on Richmond for a very long time. Would they have taken Jax first. Most probably. But that had more to do with location than talent.
Did we offer before Jax verballed?? NO...

I actually like Richmond more. Only because he can actually shoot the ball.
I do to but I didn't want to take it that far because he would just use it against me in his response.

This was in response to Rudy Gay's recruitment which was a long time ago. You didn't name 4 you named 2 and 2 other people that we didn't want. I can start just naming people Tyus Battle, Oshae Brissett, Tyler Lydon. Our recruiting has dropped off for multiple reasons and no one is happy about it. Yukon has not passed us but you can follow them if you like.
I didn't mention Gay. Another poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors