Uconn recruiting...uh oh | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn recruiting...uh oh

and why do those clowns claim Purvis, a transfer, as one of their '14 recruits?
(not to mention, I was not at all impressed with Purvis in the NC St games I saw last year)

Was wondering who they were talking about. A transfer who will then have 2 years is not a recruit sorry. McCoulough and Joseph are all we need because we stocked up this year. Look at our 2013 class.

PG: Ennis = Stud. It can be argued but to me the best pure point in the class most others are scoring points.
2G: Patterson = Prep kid, great defender that can shoot good 4 year program guy.
SF: BJ = Under rated gem future NBA wing.
PF: Roberson = Our next great forward.
C : Chinso = Prgram guy 4 year center.

Then we have protection if we lose Ennis and or Grant
PG: Joseph = Insuranse if Ennis leaves can score but more of a PG.
PF: McCoulough = Stud Forward

What do you guys expect as your starting line up this year?

Basically the same team as last year as starters

PG - Napier
SG - Boatright
SF - Calhoun
PF - Daniels
C - Nolan

Bench:
SG/SF - Kromah
SF/PF - Giffey
C - Brimah
PG/SG - Samuel
SF/PF - Tolksdorf

??? Olander/Facey
RS - Purvis

A lot depends on how much Nolan has improved, if Facey can play and if Olander is allowed back with the team.

Purvis has as many years as your transfer from Duke, an if you weren't impressed with Purvis at NCSt I hope you aren't expecting much from your guy.

Caw tries to be civil here but keep in mind that he thinks Boeheim and the zone are "a joke"...at least that what he thinks on the Boneyard.

Purvis has as many years as your transfer from Duke, an if you weren't impressed with Purvis at NCSt I hope you aren't expecting much from your guy.

Brilliant analysis.

No go kick rocks.

PG - Napier
SG - Boatright
SF - Calhoun
PF - Daniels
C - Nolan

Bench:
SG/SF - Kromah
SF/PF - Giffey
C - Brimah
PG/SG - Samuel
SF/PF - Tolksdorf

??? Olander/Facey
RS - Purvis

A lot depends on how much Nolan has improved, if Facey can play and if Olander is allowed back with the team.

Notice I did not include MikeG in our recruits. Ummmm Duh

PG - Napier
SG - Boatright
SF - Calhoun
PF - Daniels
C - Nolan

Bench:
SG/SF - Kromah
SF/PF - Giffey
C - Brimah
PG/SG - Samuel
SF/PF - Tolksdorf

??? Olander/Facey
RS - Purvis

That bench is stacked!!

By the way, if Olander is allowed back on the team that's a joke. The kid's been arrested twice since UConn last had a game.

I guess Cuse could play other schools in those same markets like George Washington or George Mason, St Joes, LaSalle, Temple or Penn and Iona, Hofstra or Fordham. We would still draw pretty well.

I have no qualms saying the full quote anywhere. You weren't discussing the Cuse zone here and I try not to take part in threads here that don't have anything to do with UConn. I also try not to be a jerk on another fan bases board. For that matter, I try not to take threads on tangents.

I have said and believe the Cuse zone is a joke for preparing players for the NBA. It's a great college system. Go look on the boneyard and you'll find I say the same.

That bench is stacked!!

By the way, if Olander is allowed back on the team that's a joke. The kid's been arrested twice since UConn last had a game.

Never said it was.

I agree.

Notice I did not include MikeG in our recruits. Ummmm Duh

I wasn't talking about recruits at all, though most do include transfers in whatever class they are eligible to play in.

Btw transfers usually don't lose a year of eligibility when sitting. MileG and Purvis should both have three years to play

Just my opinion but just from "buzz" or "chatter" it seems like UConn recruiting has fallen off quite a bit and will likely continue sliding unless they do something unexpected. Just listening to recruits speak, whether they're ones we're involved with or not, it seems like the other elite programs in their minds are UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas etc while UConn has dropped in stature to another nice local program that can battle Providence for 2nd tier kids or kids that want to stay in the area. If they don't win soon and win big they may drop below even that level.

I have no qualms saying the full quote anywhere. You weren't discussing the Cuse zone here and I try not to take part in threads here that don't have anything to do with UConn. I also try not to be a jerk on another fan bases board. For that matter, I try not to take threads on tangents.

I have said and believe the Cuse zone is a joke for preparing players for the NBA. It's a great college system. Go look on the boneyard and you'll find I say the same.

Is that supposed to be better?

Syracuse has been just fine getting players to the NBA, and I expect us do better than Kevin. "I TALKED TO KEVIN DURANT ONCE" Ollie...especially considering you're losing recruits to Providence.

You were one of the guys trying to convince me Calhoun paid Rudy's AAU handler 25k as some grand philanthropic gesture to the kids ofBaltimore...so I don't expect anything intelligent.

Is that supposed to be better?

Syracuse has been just fine getting players to the NBA, and I expect us do better than Kevin. "I TALKED TO KEVIN DURANT ONCE" Ollie...especially considering you're losing recruits to Providence.

You were one of the guys trying to convince me Calhoun paid Rudy's AAU handler 25k as some grand philanthropic gesture to the kids ofBaltimore...so I don't expect anything intelligent.

I've seen the ledgers from Baltimore, so believe what you want. I know where the money was spent.

Just my opinion but just from "buzz" or "chatter" it seems like UConn recruiting has fallen off quite a bit and will likely continue sliding unless they do something unexpected. Just listening to recruits speak, whether they're ones we're involved with or not, it seems like the other elite programs in their minds are UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas etc while UConn has dropped in stature to another nice local program that can battle Providence for 2nd tier kids or kids that want to stay in the area. If they don't win soon and win big they may drop below even that level.

I don't disagree or agree that it has fallen off, bc recruiting is far from done for this year.

However, UConn was in:

Perkins top 4
Larriers top 2
Abus top 4
Whites top 5
Sniders top 5
Chatman a top 8
Oubres top 8
Vaughn's top 11
McLaughlins top 8? 5?
Robinsons top 5
Lyles new top 4
Etc.

Now may not get any, but that's a lot of elite recruits thinking about uconn

I don't disagree or agree that it has fallen off, bc recruiting is far from done for this year.

However, UConn was in:

Perkins top 4
Larriers top 2
Abus top 4
Whites top 5
Sniders top 5
Chatman a top 8
Oubres top 8
Vaughn's top 11
McLaughlins top 8? 5?
Robinsons top 5
Lyles new top 4
Etc.

Caw, getting them is the only thing that matters. You get nothing for second place in recruiting. If you don't get out of the AAC and in to a major conference and soon, you will slip to a level you don't want to be in.

However, UConn was in:

Perkins top 4
Larriers top 2
Abus top 4
Whites top 5
Sniders top 5
Chatman a top 8
Oubres top 8
Vaughn's top 11
McLaughlins top 8? 5?
Robinsons top 5
Lyles new top 4
Etc.

However, UConn was in:

Perkins top 4
Larriers top 2
Abus top 4
Whites top 5
Sniders top 5
Chatman a top 8
Oubres top 8
Vaughn's top 11
McLaughlins top 8? 5?
Robinsons top 5
Lyles new top 4
Etc.

Ehhh... I really can't offer much quantitative data. Just that gut feeling you get from hearing these recruits talk you start to sense who is a serious contender and who's just on the list. For example, when Joseph came down to SU, Prov, and WVU cuse fans just felt like we SHOULD win this one. Derrick Jones looks like its cuse or kentucky, ya feel like we CAN win that one, but its no surprise whichever way it goes. In years passed a recruit coming down to cuse and UConn would seem like that kind of coin flip coming down to relationships and other factors. Now UConn on a kid's list isn't someone I worry about anymore. It's like seeing St John's, Prov, BC, or Rutgers. Sure something COULD lead the kid there (ie Whitehead to Seton Hall)... but UConn is now in that group of schools that I would expect to beat for any kid we truly want.

Caw, getting them is the only thing that matters. You get nothing for second place in recruiting. If you don't get out of the AAC and in to a major conference and soon, you will slip to a level you don't want to be in.

Duh, read what I was replying to, then see if you can figure out what I posted.

Much like NCAA Championships?

Ehhh... I really can't offer much quantitative data. Just that gut feeling you get from hearing these recruits talk you start to sense who is a serious contender and who's just on the list. For example, when Joseph came down to SU, Prov, and WVU cuse fans just felt like we SHOULD win this one. Derrick Jones looks like its cuse or kentucky, ya feel like we CAN win that one, but its no surprise whichever way it goes. In years passed a recruit coming down to cuse and UConn would seem like that kind of coin flip coming down to relationships and other factors. Now UConn on a kid's list isn't someone I worry about anymore. It's like seeing St John's, Prov, BC, or Rutgers. Sure something COULD lead the kid there (ie Whitehead to Seton Hall)... but UConn is now in that group of schools that I would expect to beat for any kid we truly want.

Fair enough, can't argue with a gut feeling.

It's a long haul to the end of this recruiting phase. I don't think anyone would argue that 2013 class was great, though its still debatable if that's due to aforementioned sanctions or the start of a trend. This is something that will be hard to judge until at least the fall signing period, and likely further after that. Regardless if you consider Purvis a recruit or not, him being a newly eligible player in 2014-2015 helps things a lot for UConn. Hamilton helps even more if he ends up at UConn. It's a good thing Cuse wouldn't want a kid like Hamilton.

Cuse has two very good players verballed, Hamilton is better than either right now.

Chris McCullough is a darn good talent but he is pretty raw still. Probably the most athletic kid in 2014, but far from the best player. Similar to Drummond in that respect.

Joseph is also a heck of an athlete but similar to Purvis, he's a bit of a tweener at the 1/2.

Tell me how things feel when Boeheim retires.

Fair enough, can't argue with a gut feeling.

It's a long haul to the end of this recruiting phase. I don't think anyone would argue that 2013 class was great, though its still debatable if that's due to aforementioned sanctions or the start of a trend. This is something that will be hard to judge until at least the fall signing period, and likely further after that. Regardless if you consider Purvis a recruit or not, him being a newly eligible player in 2014-2015 helps things a lot for UConn. Hamilton helps even more if he ends up at UConn. It's a good thing Cuse wouldn't want a kid like Hamilton.

Cuse has two very good players verballed, Hamilton is better than either right now.

Chris McCullough is a darn good talent but he is pretty raw still. Probably the most athletic kid in 2014, but far from the best player. Similar to Drummond in that respect.

Joseph is also a heck of an athlete but similar to Purvis, he's a bit of a tweener at the 1/2.

Tell me how things feel when Boeheim retires.
True we'll see. I think it's safe to say though that without a ticket to a power conference its unlikely UConn will get back to that truly elite level. Whether the drop is slight or severe remains to be seen.
I have no worries about JB retiring so long as Hopkins is still here to be the successor. He's been the man doing the recruiting for several years now and its only gotten better.

It is going to be so funny to just sit back and watch the uconn collapse inevitably unfold over the next few years.

Your football team is already a sh-- show -- hoops won't be far behind.

Couldn't happen to a nicer fanbase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom