Uconn's only legit big man suspended indefinitely | Syracusefan.com

Uconn's only legit big man suspended indefinitely

I would trade one of our weaker walk ons for him.

Seriously though.

Fair/Grant/Southerland/Christmas/Keita vs. Olander/Phil Nolan/Daniels

Get your popcorn ready, this is gonna be good.

He's legitimately a big man in height only. This could be addition by subtraction. We have a huge adavantage up front. UConn's chance to win is their guards go off, especially from 3.

He's legitimately a big man in height only. This could be addition by subtraction. We have a huge adavantage up front. UConn's chance to win is their guards go off, especially from 3.
I don't get what you're saying at all. Wolf beign out doesn't mean the guards will play more. Ollie has been playing Giffey or Daniels at 4 the almost all year. Nolan is a freshman who simply isn't ready to even play and Olander can't even get a rebound. They didn't need Wolf to sscore, they needed him to try to get rebounds and play some defense. This doesn't change their offense, but it kills a team that can't even rebound to begin with.

Might we see CJ or James spend a few minutes in the middle of the zone to give Jerami a few more minutes?

I don't get what you're saying at all. Wolf beign out doesn't mean the guards will play more. Ollie has been playing Giffey or Daniels at 4 the almost all year. Nolan is a freshman who simply isn't ready to even play and Olander can't even get a rebound. They didn't need Wolf to sscore, they needed him to try to get rebounds and play some defense. This doesn't change their offense, but it kills a team that can't even rebound to begin with.

I have no clue how you interpreted my post. My point was that Wolf isn't very good and won't be missed and that our big advantage is up front anyway. Also that UConn's best chance to win is by incredible guard play against us. Wolf being out doesn't change that fact. I don't think it's a big loss for them since they weren't beating us with their frontcourt and I don't think much of Wolf.

I have no clue how you interpreted my post. My point was that Wolf isn't very good and won't be missed and that our big advantage is up front anyway. Also that UConn's best chance to win is by incredible guard play against us. Wolf being out doesn't change that fact. I don't think it's a big loss for them since they weren't beating us with their frontcourt and I don't think much of Wolf.
Their guards are the same size as Webster, they stand no chance.

Their guards are the same size as Webster, they stand no chance.
Their guards are good though and very quick. They are a lot quicker than MCW/ Triche. They need to go nuts from deep.

Their guards are good though and very quick. They are a lot quicker than MCW/ Triche. They need to go nuts from deep.

How far do you think the zone will extend out? I mean we will be daring this team to score inside.

Oh when you said "addition by subtraction" I thought you meant they'd be better without him. If nothing else he's a body and 5 fouls, and arguably a better defensive player than Olander.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom