Uh, Louisville... | Syracusefan.com

Uh, Louisville...

Hey Louisville,

Take your dollar bills and coach funded booze to your favorite local hole because you get to celebrate hosting your very own first round NIT game.

Feel bad

If a school lets the players vote on playing in the NIT the school is basically telling them the NIT isn't worth playing in and/or looking for an out.

I think Lville is looking to get rid of Padgett asap and playing in the NIT will only delay that as Lville wants to be able to jump in on a new coach search asap before Motta or others are gone.

Can this (accepting NIT bid) be positioned as self-imposed sanctions?

They would have had to announced a post-season ban previoulsy, can't get left out and then say "oh were going to self sanction now by not playing Idaho on Tuesday night in front of 112 people in the NIT"

Just find 6-7 kids who will play.
Play the game tomorrow. You will lose the season ends.
The school owes the tournament a team.
They don’t have to play all their players but they should have enough to field a respectable team.
They can tank without tanking.

Give the five hottest strippers one day schollies and roll the ball out. I would definitely watch.
I mean, they'd be men.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If this was a vote sanctioned by Padgett, then it will be interesting to see how the players and Padgett react. If the players voted without Padgett's knowledge, then the players have no respect for their coach.

According to some folks on their board the team voted against the NIT but the new AD told them they are playing.

It's Spring Break at Louisville this week. Dudes, just take a quick L tomorrow night, go home and start packing. You'll be able to catch a few hours of Zs before hopping on your flights to Cancun and you'll be on a beach by early Wednesday afternoon.

Under this scenario, the Cards might be able to break the record SU set in 1997 for being the most disinterested team in NIT history.

What’s the spread for this game? Bet big against the Ville?

According to some folks on their board the team voted against the NIT but the new AD told them they are playing.
What if they say no? What will the school do? Pull their scholarships?

What if they say no? What will the school do? Pull their scholarships?

I wouldn’t put anything past the new administration.

BTW it looks like Ville is giving between 7 to 10 points in Vegas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom