UK fan here - Be objective | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

UK fan here - Be objective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman lives within earshot of SU. No matter what you want to believe, it's not like he took much winning or anything to commit to SU.
That's not giving Cal much credit. Cal threw everything at him, if it didn't take much to get him to SU regardless of where he lives, that doesn't say much for Cal. Of course it was a huge advantage and a testament to Calipari that he made it as close as possible, but each one of these teenagers have different criteria for choosing a school. We can speculate all we want about what is important to NN, and we can weigh the things in our favor all day long, but it is all about his perception of each school and how he fits. I certainly hope he chooses SU, but if a teenager decides that he wants to go to another school, I would be ashamed of myself for wishing him ill will.

You do realize not all Syracuse fans live in Syracuse, right? So he could have been there (on the campus of Georgia Tech, by the way) pretty easily if he lives in Atlanta.

The game was only officially open to family of each team's players. So my next question would be, what would motivate a Syracuse fan to sneak into a game between a putrid UGA team (their "amazing" run up to that point had included beating a tragically awful Ole Miss team in OT) and one of the worst UK teams in the past 20 years?

You were not there. Where was it played?
While the game was played at GA Tech because of the tornado, not just the players and family were at the game as reported. Some people had connections with GA Tech :)

Violent cuts? I didn't realize Jimmy Dykes was actually a 16 year old emo girl.

I think violent cuts was only used during the '09 season. He used it ad nauseum to describe Jodie Meeks' ability to get open in order to score 45+ in 3 games and 30+ in 4 others.

I love how you point out that you all are somehow less biased then me, but then proceed to spout some of the most biased drivel know to man.

Carmelo is a rock star? Umm... practically every UK player is a rock star. Melo was a one and done, too. UK fans follow basketball 365/24/7. You obviously have no idea how much Kentucky fans adore (obsess?) about basketball if you think you have more passion for the game than we do. I've never seen Syracuse flood Maui or the Alaska Shootout (when it was popular) like UK fans have. UK fans embrace all of our players. Especially the good ones. People still wear John Wall shirts/jerseys to the games. People still follow Tayshaun Prince. We pack our arena for games involving our alumni like it was a regular season game. Seriously, if you want to argue that SU fans embrace their alums more than UK fans do, you're going to lose.

As far as winning:

Year #1 - UK brings in #1 recruiting class to add to only 1 returning starter, loses only 2 regular season games, gets #1 seed and Elite-8 appearance.

Year #2 - UK brings in #1 recruiting class to add to only 1 returning starter, loses a few more regular season games but gets to FF.

Year #3 - UK brings in #1 recruiting class to add to 2 returning starters, it's almost March and UK has lost only 1 game by 1 point on a last second shot.

I mean, I may be biased, but I'll take UK's "unknowns" over SU's "knowns".
First off, I wasn't talking about the fans reactions to old players, I was talking about the staff's receptions. JB is known for welcoming his players back and Noel has seen this. Look at the current staff - Hop, Gmac, Autry- all prior SU players. Try and figure out the future at SU - Hop will take the reins and the beat will go on. At Kentucky you can not be sure how long Cal will stay on and his track record suggests he does not care what condition he leaves it in. If it were me, the SU future would be a lot more appealing.

As for the team next year. Once again it looks like an advantage for SU. You are trying to claim prior history but ignored stating who you actually had projected for your starting lineup next year. That showed me you have no idea and are operating on blind faith.

Here at SU we are projecting MCW at the point, along with CJ Fair at small forward, and another quality big in DC2. You may prefer "unknowns" but most wouldn't. And if I were Noel, I would prefer a team with MCW running the point.

As for the team next year. Once again it looks like an advantage for SU. You are trying to claim prior history but ignored stating who you actually had projected for your starting lineup next year. That showed me you have no idea and are operating on blind faith.

Here at SU we are projecting MCW at the point, along with CJ Fair at small forward, and another quality big in DC2. You may prefer "unknowns" but most wouldn't. And if I were Noel, I would prefer a team with MCW running the point.

At this point in '09 our roster was: Porter, Harris, Miller, Patterson, Orton

At this point in '10 our roster was: ???, Poole, Miller, ???, Harrellson

At this point in'11, admittedly our roster was: Teague, Lamb, MKG, ??? (Jones was seen as a draft pick), Davis

Take out the spring signing period and you take out Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Knight, Lamb, Jones or basically 6 of the 10 or 12 best players to be here in the last 3 or 4 years. History says that Cal's going to do a decent job wrapping up this class. We're still hot on the trail of Noel, Shabazz and Bennett. You know, 3 of the top 7 recruits in next year's class. If by some providence we land all 3, I would say we'll have our best roster under Cal's watch at UK.

I would also take the unknowns of our potential PG next year over MCW. I'm sure you all like him, but if anything... Cal's PGs have proven to be the class of the sport.

You wouldnt happen to be from Dry Ridge, would you?

Nope, but Dry Ridge is hardly the backwoods. It sits along one of the most used interstates in the entire country. If you want backwoods, I can point you to Fleming-Neon or Pippa Passes.

At this point in'11, admittedly our roster was: Teague, Lamb, MKG, ??? (Jones was seen as a draft pick), Davis

Take out the spring signing period and you take out Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Knight, Lamb, Jones or basically 6 of the 10 or 12 best players to be here in the last 3 or 4 years. History says that Cal's going to do a decent job wrapping up this class. We're still hot on the trail of Noel, Shabazz and Bennett. You know, 3 of the top 7 recruits in next year's class. If by some providence we land all 3, I would say we'll have our best roster under Cal's watch at UK.

I would also take the unknowns of our potential PG next year over MCW. I'm sure you all like him, but if anything... Cal's PGs have proven to be the class of the sport.
why am I not surprised . Of course you would take any pg over MCW.

Yeah, MCW was only a McD's AA. He wasn't a UK-Signed McD's AA. He can't POSSIBLY be up to Coach Cal's impeccable standards.

Nope, but Dry Ridge is hardly the backwoods. It sits along one of the most used interstates in the entire country. If you want backwoods, I can point you to Fleming-Neon or Pippa Passes.
I had Dry Ridge once, a little peicillin cleared it up real good. Needless to say, I didn't see her again.

Does the term Tri-State even mean anything to you?

Actually, it probably does.

Tri-state means exactly that in more than just one location where three states are adjacent you know.

For instance, in "the 513" Tri-state is referring to SW Ohio, SE Indiana and NKY. I mean the I-275 loop does go through three states.

I have also heard the term used in Memphis, TN by weekend newscasters.

Since I am responding to a page 6 or so post and this thing is headed to 20 I'll go ahead and repeat the scolding of the Lexingotonian.

First, he think Duke has the large travel fan's in NYC and fail to realize we already showed Orange dominance in NYC when we beat North Carolina (that DOES have lots of fans everywhere) in Wes' year.

Syracuse absolutley owns NYC. Like we've had in many many places. I was banned from your board for even mentioning that our fans travel. I understand that whole BBN thing, because we have Orange Nation as well (this is not a sc@Ut promo :confused: )

Kentucky fans do not realize this, not do they seem capable of comprehending it.

why am I not surprised . Of course you would take any pg over MCW.

I never said I would take "any" PG over him. But at this point, it's guaranteed that our PG will be Teague or Ryan Harrow. The current is obviously getting starting minutes on a #1 team and the latter has a year starting for an ACC team under his belt with a near 2:1 assist to turnover ratio and shot over 87% from the FT line. He was ranked ahead of MCW, BTW.

I never said I would take "any" PG over him. But at this point, it's guaranteed that our PG will be Teague or Ryan Harrow. The current is obviously getting starting minutes on a #1 team and the latter has a year starting for an ACC team under his belt with a near 2:1 assist to turnover ratio and shot over 87% from the FT line. He was ranked ahead of MCW, BTW.
Harrow and MCW weren't even in the same class.

Where are the results? Just askin'

This is pure entertainment. Crazy uk, what indeed was your purpose of coming on this board today anyways? You were far from objective and overreacted worse than my wife does 12 weeks a year to a comment like thay by pfister. you then proceed to lay a highly unobjective claim followed by filing arrogant uninformed statements towards the structure of our fanbase. You spin everything the way my wifes pre-k students do, making it blatantly obvious you not only know little of what you are talking about but also that you are a bit oversensitive to being made a fool of. Sounds to me you have some bitter feelings towards su.. maybe because we could be getting noel right after coleman?

regardless keep spewing your garbage as it is pure entertainment watching you get slapped down again every five minutes

Objectively speaking, you do realize three things don't you?

1. Kentucky is always the second most disliked team in the country
2. Kentucky fans are the most disliked fans in the country
3. If you win the trophy, you do realize it's only on loan til about the time the kitchen gets to hot and Cal bolts to the pros

Objectively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors