UK fan here - Be objective | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

UK fan here - Be objective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I know Kentucky fans are obsessed. Kentucky as a whole is a basketball obsessed state, there's no denying that. But just because you guys "still follow Tayshaun Prince" doesn't mean you're a better fan base than we are. Hell, we still follow guys like Josh Pace and Eric Devendorf, who have never been on an NBA roster. Does that mean we win the battle of obsession?

The arrogance combined with defensiveness is pretty impressive.

You guys have a great history, and we have a great history. We are the top two teams in the country this year, and both offer things that would appeal to Nerlens Noel. Why not just leave it at that rather than continue to spout off and show how little you know about Syracuse and Northeast basketball in general (going back to the NYC comment)?
That's really the argument, isn't it? No one denies UK has a great tradition and fanbase, just the fact that they believe no one else even compares is why this joker and his fellow BBN clowns should be roasted.

We all love Cuse...but, lets not act like JB is some martyr here.. he just wants to win. He doesn't care if Nerlens is a 1 and doner or not.

I think we should qualify this a bit. With some recent recruits, and one in particular who I think may have been Anthony Davis, Boeheim said something like, "If you mention the NBA one more time, you can forget about us. I'm outta here"

I think Boeheim's approach is, "Buy into our system, practice against the best players in the best environment. Everyone thinks they are a one-and-done. I'll let you know when I think you're ready. It may take more than 1 year. We've had 6 or 7 guys go early, and every one who listened to me ended up in the lottery. The one guy who didn't (Donte), ended up much further down in the first round than he would have if he listened to me and came back for another year."

I love how you point out that you all are somehow less biased then me, but then proceed to spout some of the most biased drivel know to man.

Carmelo is a rock star? Umm... practically every UK player is a rock star. Melo was a one and done, too. UK fans follow basketball 365/24/7. You obviously have no idea how much Kentucky fans adore (obsess?) about basketball if you think you have more passion for the game than we do. I've never seen Syracuse flood Maui or the Alaska Shootout (when it was popular) like UK fans have. UK fans embrace all of our players. Especially the good ones. People still wear John Wall shirts/jerseys to the games. People still follow Tayshaun Prince. We pack our arena for games involving our alumni like it was a regular season game. Seriously, if you want to argue that SU fans embrace their alums more than UK fans do, you're going to lose.

As far as winning:

Year #1 - UK brings in #1 recruiting class to add to only 1 returning starter, loses only 2 regular season games, gets #1 seed and Elite-8 appearance.

Year #2 - UK brings in #1 recruiting class to add to only 1 returning starter, loses a few more regular season games but gets to FF.

Year #3 - UK brings in #1 recruiting class to add to 2 returning starters, it's almost March and UK has lost only 1 game by 1 point on a last second shot.

I mean, I may be biased, but I'll take UK's "unknowns" over SU's "knowns".

Final Four records:
  • Boeheim: 4 wins, 2 losses, 1 title
  • Calipari: 0 wins, 1 loss, 0 titles

Well, to give him credit for the times his teams broke the rules and the results were vacated, Cal's record is 1 win and 3 losses in the Final Four.

DaJuan already knows he and Noel would fit well together. They are completely different players, and I'm sure he also understands it's a special circumstance since Noel reclassified. Noel would likely play the 4 alongside DC2 at the 5.

Also, elite players never shy away from competition, which you should know considering how much talent you guys bring in every year.

Don't worry, these seasons will be vacated in a few years, once the record comes out.

Also, did anyone chuckle at the "every UK player is a rockstar" comment?

Yes, I also chuckled at the "UK fans still wear John Wall t-shirts" like he was some unheralded no name player from the 1950's or something.

I surrender, UK fans are the best ever. They still wear John Wall jerseys!

well... I'm awfully educated but I won't deny that I'm biased and unlikeable. Possibly ignorant too. At least on some subjects.

no doubt you've had an awful education, if it was obtained at UK.

About 1% of me wants Noel to pick SU just to see what Coleman's reaction would be. I bet he'd be thrilled to have been lied to like that... I seriously doubt it's going to happen, though. Noel's reclassification aligns too much with the fact that UK will be lacking in the front court next year to be an accident.
As you can tell from what Noel has said, JB doesn't make promises to players that they'll certainly start or anything. He tells it how it is and lays out what he expects of you as a college ball player. DC2 picked SU over UK, even with Cal taking time off from the NCAAs to go visit DC2 in NY and still didn't land him. Sounds like there is still some butthurt after Cal's full-court press on DC2 that failed.

Wow. So you're sure that's not a product of Syracuse fans from upstate NY simply driving to games in NYC. Kentucky has a 95/5 crowd in the SECT every time we go to Atlanta, Tampa, New Orleans, etc. Would you say that Kentucky "owns" those cities? They're significantly further away from Lexington than Syracuse is from NYC, too.

Put Duke against SU in MSG and I promise there are more Duke fans.
You started off with a reasonable approach...but now you're just talking nonsense. It's obvious you have no real knowledge of SU's schedule, media appeal, etc. If you want to have a serious and informed discussion fine but looks like you're just here to flame now.

DaJuan already knows he and Noel would fit well together. They are completely different players, and I'm sure he also understands it's a special circumstance since Noel reclassified. Noel would likely play the 4 alongside DC2 at the 5.

Also, elite players never shy away from competition, which you should know considering how much talent you guys bring in every year.

How do DC, RK, NN and possibly FM fit together? 2 are left out, that's how. Maybe Melo goes pro, maybe he doesn't. But I'm talking a looong look at a guy that's averaging 8 points and 5.5 rebounds who had attitude, conditioning and ability problems his first year before taking him in the lottery. In fact DraftExpress doesn't have him in the 2012 draft at all... Gonna be crowded if Noel decides to come there.

You started off with a reasonable approach...but now you're just talking nonsense. It's obvious you have no real knowledge of SU's schedule, media appeal, etc. If you want to have a serious and informed discussion fine but looks like you're just here to flame now.
Considering this thread is now 11 pages long and is generally SU fans talking around and around in circles, I'd say that if his goal was to flame he's done his job well.

:rolling: I can't think of one time you've crossed our radar until this whole Noel situation came up. Talk about someone having high opinions of themselves... There's literally one topic on our entire forum that discusses SU and it is titled, "Syracuse cannot rebound".
just in the past 3 days on your forum. are you ready?

During the Syracus game...

? about cuse playing time?

Check out this Syracuse fan site

Syracuse cannot rebound

Considering this thread is now 11 pages long and is generally SU fans talking around and around in circles, I'd say that if his goal was to flame he's done his job well.

My original intent was not to flame at all, but after the first few posts devolved so rapidly, I figured I'd join in the fun.

As you can tell from what Noel has said, JB doesn't make promises to players that they'll certainly start or anything. He tells it how it is and lays out what he expects of you as a college ball player. DC2 picked SU over UK, even with Cal taking time off from the NCAAs to go visit DC2 in NY and still didn't land him. Sounds like there is still some butthurt after Cal's full-court press on DC2 that failed.

Coleman lives within earshot of SU. No matter what you want to believe, it's not like he took much winning or anything to commit to SU.

Coleman lives within earshot of SU. No matter what you want to believe, it's not like he took much winning or anything to commit to SU.
I can't disagree with that.

The sad thing is you actually believe you are being objective. Perhaps you really are Jimmy Dykes.

You were not there. Where was it played?
You do realize not all Syracuse fans live in Syracuse, right? So he could have been there (on the campus of Georgia Tech, by the way) pretty easily if he lives in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom