UNC blows... | Syracusefan.com

UNC blows...

Jake

Mod
and I mean, they are downright awful. Roy Williams cannot coach defense to save his ass. Didn't he at one point make some type of condescending statement about zone defenses when he took over at UNC like "we won't play zone defense at UNC". I think if you take the word ZONE out of that statement, it'd be more accurate.

Getting outcoached by Rick Barnes is damn near impossible, but Roy is doing it right now.

Anyone just see the UNC player pull a Paulus and flop without getting hit? LOL.

GONNA love going to the ACC, no one plays defense in that league.

I mean they are getting waxed by texas who lost to chaminade for god sake. They could be the worst defensive team in the history of their school.

To top it off, this is a very average Texas team. The ACC is way down this year. SU would barnstorm that conference this year outside of Duke.

and I mean, they are downright awful. Roy Williams cannot coach defense to save his ass. Didn't he at one point make some type of condescending statement about zone defenses when he took over at UNC like "we won't play zone defense at UNC". I think if you take the word ZONE out of that statement, it'd be more accurate.

Getting outcoached by Rick Barnes is damn near impossible, but Roy is doing it right now.

Anyone just see the UNC player pull a Paulus and flop without getting hit? LOL.

GONNA love going to the ACC, no one plays defense in that league.

The question then would be whether or not SU will get screwed by the refs who aren't used to seeing anyone playing defense.

Who ever thought roy was actually a good coach? Guy has been lucky to be at schools where he didnt have to recruit hard and lways had top talent. He rode that talent to all his wins. Zero coaching

Their guard play is AWFUL.

Roy williams teams have only been successsful when he had decent guard play. Well this year he doesnt have it and i dont see them doing anything in the acc this year.

I consider roy the ultimate roll the ball on the court coach.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

UNC has absolutely no one who is strong with the ball, in either the frontcourt or backcourt. Once again Roy has zero concept of when to call a TO. He never calls a timeout to stop a run. And he should have been all over the officials on some no calls - but no he sits there wondering why it is all going so wrong.

your like to post ratio is (syracusefan) Godly.

You are operating at a 128% LIPO (LIke/POst)

Even a simple, regular, run of the mill post gets you 2:1. Amazing.

Does UNC run an offense? Serious question. They pass the ball twice along the perimeter then someone just charges at the basket and throws up a circus shot.

I take no delight in a storied basketball program having a crap season, and hope they can pull themselves together this year, and most certainly next year when we enter the ACC. Who wants to beat a Carolina team that is bad? (Actually, we were so happy in 2009 when we beat them at MSG. Didn't realize at the time that they weren't good that year. By the time we realized it, it was too late! We already convinced ourselves we were a great team, and by god, we were!)

But I digress. I know many of you hate Carolina and Duke, but I used to live there and I respect both teams. I hope Carolina figures out how to get better, but they are looking awful tonight, and that is for sure.

Ugh, as crappy as UNC seems to be, they will have a real shot at winning this, because Texas is just as bad.

I wish we had the balls to play a home and home at the Erwin Center.

Yeah was thinking the same and hammered UNC -6 in 2nd half. Texas is clearly worse.

Roys tops on my list of overrated coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who ever thought roy was actually a good coach? Guy has been lucky to be at schools where he didnt have to recruit hard and lways had top talent. He rode that talent to all his wins. Zero coaching

He's a great coach. Dude has 2 National Titles and a boatload of Final Fours.

Talent is overrated.

Yeah, that is a CRAZY LIPO. 25%+ LIPO is considered borderline hall of fame and the dude is runnin over 100%? Remarkable

Good lord, is this game for real? These teams are terrible.

He's a great coach. Dude has 2 National Titles and a boatload of Final Fours.

Talent is overrated.
Naaa...he's only been to 11 elite 8's, 7 final 4's, 4 championship games, and 2 national titles. The guy blows... With that said I do think his teams the last couple years have been a little soft (though they both made it to the elite 8). This year they just aren't very good.

Meh. CTO could pull down 14 likes with a post that simply said "poop" (and ceremoniously drop the names of 3 or 4 luminaries she knows that do it).

Out of a time-out, UNC runs a one-on-one play for one of their guards who has to push off just to put up a 16 foot contested jump shot that bounds over the backboard. Don't great coaches set up plays when they take a time-out strictly to do so?

Roy isnt a great coach. Period. Calipari has a national championship and a couple final fours and is a joke of a in game coach. Roy is the same