UNC blows... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC blows...

Meh. CTO could pull down 14 likes with a post that simply said "poop" (and ceremoniously drop the names of 3 or 4 luminaries she knows that do it).
I'm sorry if my posts annoy you. I thought I was contributing to the discussion of Roger Springfield's name change when I explained why Dick Stockton changed his name from Richie Stokvis. I like my friends and will continue to mention them in a post if it is relevant. Or maybe I should just stop posting altogether if they annoy people.

I'm sorry if my posts annoy you. I thought I was contributing to the discussion of Roger Springfield's name change when I explained why Dick Stockton changed his name from Richie Stokvis. I like my friends and will continue to mention them in a post if it is relevant. Or maybe I should just stop posting altogether.

No worries CTO, there is a lot of wrong in this thread. Oh Lord

I'm sorry if my posts annoy you. I thought I was contributing to the discussion of Roger Springfield's name change when I explained why Dick Stockton changed his name from Richie Stokvis. I like my friends and will continue to mention them in a post if it is relevant. Or maybe I should just stop posting altogether.
Wow, I thought everyone appreciated your contributions. I for one, look forward to your anecdotes and summaries of the events that you are able to attend that I could only dream of, please continue your posting.

Felix from Texas looks like Brandon Triche's mini me.

and I mean, they are downright awful. Roy Williams cannot coach defense to save his ass. Didn't he at one point make some type of condescending statement about zone defenses when he took over at UNC like "we won't play zone defense at UNC". I think if you take the word ZONE out of that statement, it'd be more accurate.

Getting outcoached by Rick Barnes is damn near impossible, but Roy is doing it right now.

Anyone just see the UNC player pull a Paulus and flop without getting hit? LOL.

GONNA love going to the ACC, no one plays defense in that league.
we really need to win it this year. i'm all in. duke is borderline, unc stinks, kentucky stinks, yukon is bad, who knows about kansas...indiana ok but not juggernaut, MCW is as good as anyone ive seen

I'm sorry if my posts annoy you. I thought I was contributing to the discussion of Roger Springfield's name change when I explained why Dick Stockton changed his name from Richie Stokvis. I like my friends and will continue to mention them in a post if it is relevant. Or maybe I should just stop posting altogether if they annoy people.
Keep posting

we really need to win it this year. i'm all in. duke is borderline, unc stinks, kentucky stinks, yukon is bad, who knows about kansas...indiana ok but not juggernaut, MCW is as good as anyone ive seen

The real question... MCW still makes some "first year running the show mistakes" right now... whatever - at this point in the seasona and what he's already shown, obviously way ahead of the curve...

There's no question he has the requisite talent to be a magic player that could carry the team through the big dance... but can he get better by BE tourney time where limiting mistakes is concerned?

If he can, I think we have a real shot.

(that, and Triche's frequency to have a What game needs to drop... he will have them - we know... just needs to be a lot less of them).

Who ever thought roy was actually a good coach? Guy has been lucky to be at schools where he didnt have to recruit hard and lways had top talent. He rode that talent to all his wins. Zero coaching

I agree that NC is down this year that's what happens when you lose 4 starters. Anyone who thinks Roy Williams isn't a good coach is an idiot.

The real question... MCW still makes some "first year running the show mistakes" right now... whatever - at this point in the seasona and what he's already shown, obviously way ahead of the curve...

There's no question he has the requisite talent to be a magic player that could carry the team through the big dance... but can he get better by BE tourney time where limiting mistakes is concerned?

If he can, I think we have a real shot.

(that, and Triche's frequency to have a What game needs to drop... he will have them - we know... just needs to be a lot less of them).
I agree that NC is down this year that's what happens when you lose 4 starters. Anyone who thinks Roy Williams isn't a good coach is an idiot.

Agree completely. Losing Marshall to the NBA is killing them right now. No one to keep them in an offensive flow. I am surprised about their defensive effort though. Lots of youth in their front court and over-reliance on on long jumpers. Roy will get them to improve.

In Roy we trust. But my thought about the Heels is that their recruiting has been a case of recruiting too many of the same guys. A team that all looks like Kris Joseph clones may bring you highly rated recruiting classes, but may not do much on the Court. You need your AOs, Ricks, & Bayes.

Every opera needs its spear carriers. Carolina only has divas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question then would be whether or not SU will get screwed by the refs who aren't used to seeing anyone playing defense.
We will need lots of quality depth as we enter the ACC because you can count on an ACC ref screw job for at least the 1st year.

Who ever thought roy was actually a good coach? Guy has been lucky to be at schools where he didnt have to recruit hard and lways had top talent. He rode that talent to all his wins. Zero coaching

Roy is an excellent offensive coach. He does especially well with big men, and getting his team to run the break. Those have always been his strong suits.

Don't worry CTO, he is just jealous or too competitive...either way after that post he should be glad there is no dislike button that takes away likes, or his like total would have plummetted like the locker room chemistry on the Jets!! Please keep posting...

Then color me an idiot. The guy has been outcoached with less talented teams his whole career.

Roy is an excellent offensive coach. He does especially well with big men, and getting his team to run the break. Those have always been his strong suits.

anyone can look like a good offensive coach when you get the best offensive talent every year without even recruiting.

Don't worry CTO, he is just jealous or too competitive...either way after that post he should be glad there is no dislike button that takes away likes, or his like total would have plummetted like the locker room chemistry on the Jets!! Please keep posting...

I like the idea of a "dislike" button.

Syracuse lost 3 starters and a de facto starter and they seem to be doing alright (so far)

EDIT: But I'm not saying Roy isn't a good coach

Syracuse lost 3 starters and a de facto starter and they seem to be doing alright (so far)

EDIT: But I'm not saying Roy isn't a good coach

UNC also played at Indiana, at Texas, and Butler neutral site, that's a lot of challenge for a young team.

UNC also played at Indiana, at Texas, and Butler neutral site, that's a lot of challenge for a young team.

I'd put the Texas game on the same level as our game against Arkansas, but obviously the other 2 games are more challenging than anything we've played.

anyone can look like a good offensive coach when you get the best offensive talent every year without even recruiting.

Look at his track record, especially regarding big men. He gets great production from his bigs. The star big man reoutinely averages 15+ ppg and around 9 or 10 rebounds. While he has had some talented centers, many of them have been guys who did not carry that level of success into the NBA (kind of like Boeheim). It's not an accident that his teams always do well. Matt Doherty was a coach at UNC, too, and bombed royally. Bill Guthridge also bombed at UNC. Roy is a good coach. It's OK to say it.

Bill Guthridge also bombed at UNC. Roy is a good coach.

Not to nitpick, but Guthridge was the head coach for three years. They were 80-28 and went to the Final Four twice. He went to the Final Four the first time when he inherited Jamison and Carter, got beat in the first round the next year, and then had a bad regular season in his final year before rallying to take the team to the Final Four again. Not exactly a bomb.

I liked your liking of the idea of a "dislike" button.

And I liked your liking of my liking of the idea of a "dislike" button.

How would you feel about seeing a like/dislike ratio, sort of like someone's assist/turnover ratio?

And I liked your liking of my liking of the idea of a "dislike" button.

How would you feel about seeing a like/dislike ratio, sort of like someone's assist/turnover ratio?

Would be interesting...although some of us (me included) apparently are as hgih quality posters as others...guess will have to make up for it in quantity and quality, which I guess would mess up my like/dislike ration, so therefore maybe I should not be in favor of it? Hmmmm...something to ponder while "working" my government job...

Also, just liked your liking of my liking your liking of my liking the idea of a "dislike" button. I think I got that right...my head is spinning now...

Would be interesting...although some of us (me included) apparently are as hgih quality posters as others...guess will have to make up for it in quantity and quality, which I guess would mess up my like/dislike ration, so therefore maybe I should not be in favor of it? Hmmmm...something to ponder while "working" my government job...

Also, just liked your liking of my liking your liking of my liking the idea of a "dislike" button. I think I got that right...my head is spinning now...
Ugh, get a room already. :p