UNC blows... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UNC blows...

This thread is giving me a hangover.[/

True.

I can't believe people dont get that places like UNC and KU enjoy certain advantages just by virtue of being UNC and KU

It's not about getting it its that things change, like Syracuse becoming a recruiting power. I can't get why some didn't think MCW was going to be a star and a lock for the draft, but they existed.

I think both points are correct. UNC and KU are blue bloods, but that means nothing to 18-22 year olds who literally don't know what that phase means. In our region of the country we are a defacto blue blood our name recognition is just as big as UNC's or KU's. To a basketball historian the notion of SU as a blue blood is laughable, but we don't recruit historians. If the program is great 20 years from now when JB is just a name on a court (from a 18-22 year olds perspective) then the conversation could be had. I think will would need at least 2 more NC and a least one of them not won by JB.

It's not about getting it its that things change, like Syracuse becoming a recruiting power. I can't get why some didn't think MCW was going to be a star and a lock for the draft, but they existed.

It's obvious you're simply a a God amongst us mere mortals I guess. I mean, how could anyone not see mcw as an absolute monster this year, at the top of the nation in steals, assists, and almost with two triple doubles, based on his ten minutes per game in garbage time last year?

Hope your sarcasm meter has new batteries.

It's obvious you're simply a a God amongst us mere mortals I guess. I mean, how could anyone not see mcw as an absolute monster this year, at the top of the nation in steals, assists, and almost with two triple doubles, based on his ten minutes per game in garbage time last year?

Hope your sarcasm meter has new batteries.
It's out of commission right now. Hoping to get a new one for Christmas.

This has gotten out of control , its like my chevy is better than your ford truck. No ! My toyota is better than both your trucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW...as good as our recruiting is (and it is VERY good) it still doesn't match Carolina's. If you use the McDonald's game to gauge recruiting elite talent, we've had at least two players in that game twice in 21 years...That's probably what UNC has Averaged per year in that time span. Now that may change in the next few years with Ennis/Roberson/Johnson(?) this year and McCollough/(?) next year I'll grant that.

We also haven't been recruiting at a high level consistently over Boeheims tenure. The post probation years from 1992-2000 kind of sucked from that standpoint.