UNC Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game Thread...

Staats wasn't close to being game-ready. He may be healthy, but he was struggling with just catching the ball.

Injury Report? After all the Adversity they still had hope in the last Minute and 1/2 Good thing their are no 3 point Goals, SU could have folded ,Im still on the Band wagon, Randy just mised 3 Goals in the 1st period UNC's Day

Staats wasn't close to being game-ready. He may be healthy, but he was struggling with just catching the ball.
Hope they play Staats a lot vs. Hobart. He needs to shake off the rust.

Loss isn't a huge deal here but do s put pressure on Cuse to reach the title game of the acc tourney. A loss in the 1st round would likely drop SU to a 5 or seed which would mean a much more difficult 1st round opponent. Knowing the NCAA tourney committee they could easily stick us with albany

Good news for SU both Hobart and Colgate are having decent years and assuming Syracuse wins they willbe decent additions to the tourney resume

Loss isn't a huge deal here but do s put pressure on Cuse to reach the title game of the acc tourney. A loss in the 1st round would likely drop SU to a 5 or seed which would mean a much more difficult 1st round opponent. Knowing the NCAA tourney committee they could easily stick us with albany
First game where I felt they got outplayed, but even so, the goalie differential in the 1st half is what gave them their cushion all day.

If I were a betting man, I would expect to see Wardwell in goal Tuesday.

Silly. Man has 5 rings
There are plenty of College coaches that would have tittles with the talent this guy was handed . I do give Desko some credit as he finally figured out that he needed to start recruiting underclassmen like some of the other coaches out there that have been doing it for years. You can't just rely on evaluations of seniors that former players give in non hot bed areas of the country. You need to be ahead of the curve if you want the best available talent and athletes going.

THE GAME IS CHANGING

How many came in the last 5 years? We had 3 first round losses in the last 5 years and they were against a 19 seed,a 16 seed and lost to a 3 seed when we were 8-8 heading into the tourney that we shouldn't have gone to.

We lost a second round game when we were a 1 seed to an 8 seeded team.

Last edited:
Wardwell will start Tuesday but if he puts up another shaky 1Q he gets the hook. Yes it's shaky potatoes time again :)

UNC is a dirty team. I'd like to see them again in the ACC tournament

There are plenty of College coaches that would have tittles with the talent this guy was handed . I do give Desko some credit as he finally figured out that he needed to start recruiting underclassmen like some of the other coaches out there that have been doing it for years. You can't just rely on evaluations of seniors that former players give in non hot bed areas of the country. You need to be ahead of the curve if you want the best available talent and athletes going.

THE GAME IS CHANGING
No one has more titles than Desko since he has been head coach - Fact.

"There are plenty of College coaches that would have tittles with the talent this guy was handed." - Presumption.

I know he's not perfect, no one is. But until someone gives me a reason to believe another coach is 'better', I'm not going to criticize. And I'm not going to call for his head.

I do think that Desko may be on thin ice, though, if he doesn't get this team to a Final 4.

Still a lot of lacrosse left to play, but this team has some serious work to do concerning the D.Also painful to watch Williams lose face-offs in the clutch.

THE GAME IS CHANGING

The 2 most notorious early-underclassmen recruiters being Petro, whose last F4 was in 2008, & Breschi, who's never been.

Also, the first player I think of that fits your "non-hotbed, alumni-recommended" description is Schoonmaker, our highest draft pick. Were Mullins or Salcido recommended by alumni? Are you referring to Daddio, the Maltz's, Kyle Carey, &/or Clay Adams?

I don't mean to "challenge" you & hope you don't take it that way. I'm genuinely interested in some examples.

Still a lot of lacrosse left to play, but this team has some serious work to do concerning the D.Also painful to watch Williams lose face-offs in the clutch.
By the 4th qtr, I was not confident in him winning at the X...never felt that way yet.

Williams was clearly exhausted by the 4th. The UNC FO guy was simply clamping and sumo wrestling with him every time. Add to that the fact that again, I thought our wings played subpar and you get what you get. As with the D, I feel like conditioning or lack thereof may have played a role here. UNC seemed to have more in the tank as this game went on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom