UNC Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game Thread...

Williams was clearly exhausted by the 4th. The UNC FO guy was simply clamping and sumo wrestling with him every time. Add to that the fact that again, I thought our wings played subpar and you get what you get. As with the D, I feel like conditioning or lack thereof may have played a role here. UNC seemed to have more in the tank as this game went on.

Agreed but that can happen when you're playing at home, sun shining in front of 6,000 fans and the Yankee team you have circled on the calendar comes to town. Little more bounce in the step.

i'm not too concerned about williams. he's gotten almost zero help from the wings all season. and granted wardwell did face some tough shots but he had a down game by his standards. nice to see hill in cage but wardwell is still #1. need to use the hobart game to clean up some of the sloppiness on both ends of the field. get the schooner and staats healthy and prep for our title run.

Williams was clearly exhausted by the 4th. The UNC FO guy was simply clamping and sumo wrestling with him every time. Add to that the fact that again, I thought our wings played subpar and you get what you get. As with the D, I feel like conditioning or lack thereof may have played a role here. UNC seemed to have more in the tank as this game went on.

I think you nailed it especially regarding Williams, just didn't have the same strength and stamina that he did in the 1st half. Also agree about the wings Ciferi had a couple nice grabs bit Firman really struggled and our wings were out hustled on multiple occasions. Need to give McCartney some run on the wings

If Williams was in fact exhausted, why wasn't Kelly as exhausted for Carolina given he was out there for every single face-off.

Last edited:
If Williams was in fact exhausted, why wasn't Kelly as exhausted for Carolina given he was out there for every single face-off.

That's where conditioning plays a major role. Some people can run marathons and some can't.

In the second half Kelly turned a majority of the faceoffs into 10-15 second scrums between he and Williams. Ben usually wins the draw to himself or gets it out within a few seconds. I think he eventually wore down from as someone noted above the sumo tacticts of Kelly. The guy has taken an S ton of faceoffs for the Cuse this year and has faded a little bit down the stretch in games. Might be wise to give Paduda a draw or two in game to keep him fresh. Still Im not worried though, he still easily won over 50% of the draws what more can you ask for.

In the second half Kelly turned a majority of the faceoffs into 10-15 second scrums between he and Williams. Ben usually wins the draw to himself or gets it out within a few seconds. I think he eventually wore down from as someone noted above the sumo tacticts of Kelly. The guy has taken an S ton of faceoffs for the Cuse this year and has faded a little bit down the stretch in games. Might be wise to give Paduda a draw or two in game to keep him fresh. Still Im not worried though, he still easily won over 50% of the draws what more can you ask for.

I can ask for less turnovers and less pipes. ;)

I can ask for less turnovers and less pipes. ;)

We had about 8 or 9 pipes yesterday and still scored 15 goals. I dont think we had a ton of turnovers yesterday but the few we did have were god awful. Also what the heck happened to the Syracuse ride??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom