UNC Hearing, Day One - no public info | Syracusefan.com

UNC Hearing, Day One - no public info

T1yHj4q.gif

I get it. Its an ugly fact of human nature that some(most) want to see superiority and excellence taken down as they play the victim and shout how unfair the world is.
I tried to tell those who'd listen back in the spring this wouldn't end the way you are wanting. You'll have to satisfy your inferiority complex and get your pound of flesh elsewhere.

I get it. Its an ugly fact of human nature that some(most) want to see superiority and excellence taken down as they play the victim and shout how unfair the world is.
I tried to tell those who'd listen back in the spring this wouldn't end the way you are wanting. You'll have to satisfy your inferiority complex and get your pound of flesh elsewhere.
Hold on. UNC skating has nothing to do with superiority and excellence conquering the naysayers. It has to do with a fact that a corrupt system is steered by an Association that along with the schools has decided that chasing a buck is the most important thing. If this was a lesser program the result would have been different.

Yes, continue to take pride in an institution that admittedly propagated widespread academic fraud and defended it only by saying "Hey, it wasn't just athletes! Anyone could have received credit for these bogus classes." Take your misplaced superiority bs somewhere else. Whatever the result, this situation should inspire nothing but a deep sense of shame.

PackPride says he is one of the chief UNC-CHeat apologists in the Triangle.

Hold on. UNC skating has nothing to do with superiority and excellence conquering the naysayers. It has to do with a fact that a corrupt system is steered by an Association that along with the schools has decided that chasing a buck is the most important thing. If this was a lesser program the result would have been different.
But the thing of it is, whatever happens to UNC-CHeat doesn't affect the cashflow to the NCAA. Nike doesn't pay the NCAA any money. ESPN only pays the NCAA for the non-basketball championships, none of which get ratings based on UNC-CHeat's presence. The contract payments for basketball from CBS are the same with or without UNC-CHeat. There's no monetary incentive for the NCAA to let them skate.

PackPride says he is one of the chief UNC-CHeat apologists in the Triangle.

But the thing of it is, whatever happens to UNC-CHeat doesn't affect the cashflow to the NCAA. Nike doesn't pay the NCAA any money. ESPN only pays the NCAA for the non-basketball championships, none of which get ratings based on UNC-CHeat's presence. The contract payments for basketball from CBS are the same with or without UNC-CHeat. There's no monetary incentive for the NCAA to let them skate.

Packpride?? hahahah I really hope you arent using that trailer trash as any type of "source". Actually, Carter is pretty well despised by the unc fanbase as well as the paper he writes for, the N&O. Theyve been very much on the side of the Ncaa throughout this whole thing.

I really want someone with a UNC degree to apply to a job with me some day just so I can schedule an interview, tell them their degree is worth nothing, and laugh in their face.

That says quite a bit about not only your professionalism and/or lack thereof, but also about your character.

And UNC has character? I am supposed to hire someone with a degree that is worthless.

So youre so myopic that you take courses that only a few thousand took over the course of about ten years and you apply that to the entirety of the UNC student body and assume guilt by association-and in your mind that makes the degree "worthless"? This type of thinking makes me wonder where exactly you got your degree from. Or maybe its just blind irrational hatred causing you to see things without any clarity. Im guessing its the latter.

Besides, something tells me that if a UNC grad did show up to work for you I seriously doubt the internet tough guy act would translate in that moment, and you laughing in their face most probably woldnt occur.. just a hunch.

I'm probably in the minority but I think in the big picture the NCAA not penalizing UNC for this our going very easy on them is the best for college sports in the long run. My thinking is that it could be the straw that breaks the camels back. I am completely ready to be rid of the NCAA and have some sort of governing body that can institute fair compensation for athletes in sports that generate money for the colleges. Something that will even the playing field in regards to recruiting. Something that might keep borderline NBA talent in school longer because they are being compensated monetarily while in school.

On the other side of the coin if they get hammered I feel its completely justified and I won't feel bad for them.

So youre so myopic that you take courses that only a few thousand took over the course of about ten years and you apply that to the entirety of the UNC student body and assume guilt by association-and in your mind that makes the degree "worthless"? This type of thinking makes me wonder where exactly you got your degree from. Or maybe its just blind irrational hatred causing you to see things without any clarity. Im guessing its the latter.

Besides, something tells me that if a UNC grad did show up to work for you I seriously doubt the internet tough guy act would translate in that moment, and you laughing in their face most probably woldnt occur.. just a hunch.

I got my degree from Syracuse University where I didn't take sham classes.

Either you're guilty of special benefits or you're degree is worthless. That's what the NCAA is deciding for you. It's up to you to decide what you think is worse.

I'm probably in the minority but I think in the big picture the NCAA not penalizing UNC for this our going very easy on them is the best for college sports in the long run. My thinking is that it could be the straw that breaks the camels back. I am completely ready to be rid of the NCAA and have some sort of governing body that can institute fair compensation for athletes in sports that generate money for the colleges. Something that will even the playing field in regards to recruiting. Something that might keep borderline NBA talent in school longer because they are being compensated monetarily while in school.

On the other side of the coin if they get hammered I feel its completely justified and I won't feel bad for them.

All I can tell you is that if the NCAA does go the hardline route and try to hammer UNC, this wont end well as UNC is locked and loaded to take it to court for as long as it takes to bring the NCAA down. At this point there is no intention of accepting any archaic penalties from the corrupt organization. Fwiw, I thought the penalties levied against Syracuse a few years back were ridiculous. If this case brings an end to this type of thing Im all for it. Its already killed UNC on the recruiting trail( although thankfully Roy was lucky enough to have guys stay 3-4 years), So I want it over with and would prefer it not go to court.

But make no mistake, Unc is prepared should the NCAA decide to go all in.

I got my degree from Syracuse University where I didn't take sham classes.

Either you're guilty of special benefits or you're degree is worthless. That's what the NCAA is deciding for you. It's up to you to decide what you think is worse.

Theres really no reasoning with the almost senile level of intelligence youre displaying(which I think is on purpose) so Ill just bow out and say I really hope if indeed you are an employer you are better than this.

All I can tell you is that if the NCAA does go the hardline route and try to hammer UNC, this wont end well as UNC is locked and loaded to take it to court for as long as it takes to bring the NCAA down. At this point there is no intention of accepting any archaic penalties from the corrupt organization. Fwiw, I thought the penalties levied against Syracuse a few years back were ridiculous. If this case brings an end to this type of thing Im all for it. Its already killed UNC on the recruiting trail( although thankfully Roy was lucky enough to have guys stay 3-4 years), So I want it over with and would prefer it not go to court.

Good, I am with you. Who the hell are the NCAA to tell UNC they can't cheat.

Its an interesting situation because these classes lost their accreditation. So obviously most of the sports teams had ineligible players on them. I don't see how the NCAA can not vacate all wins from such teams. If they don't how can they every declare anyone ineligible again? How do any penalties for ineligible players from the past stand? How can you even pretend that you are policing student/athlete eligibility anymore? As all the information from the UNC situation has come out its actually put the NCAA in quite a pickle. Remember they wanted nothing to do with this originally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom