UNC Hearing, Day One - no public info | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Hearing, Day One - no public info

No offense but are those excuses for the mediocrity in acc play? I'm not hugely familiar with the penalties levied in your case besides the postseason ban in a year you weren't making the tournament anyways-but those things you mention really shouldn't affect recruiting that terribly. I seem to recall a huge amount of hype for your team before last season.
You're trolling now. Go away.

No. Totally different. UNC's is worse, but SU's was specific help to keep a player eligible.

UNC is supposedly an academic issue (I don't see the difference). And Louisville was a underage hooker issue.

If UNC doesn't get at least equal to what we got I will be somewhat irritated. I agree with you. I think the UNC thing is much worse because if affects the GPA of the entire team which is a prerequisite for participation in the NCAA tournament. And the UNC thing has been going on for over 20 years.

North Carolina has opted not to issue a statement following two days in front of the NCAA Committee on Infractions. So after about 15 hours worth of discussions, both sides left Nashville with no comment. Next step is a decision from the committee about possible sanctions.

North Carolina has opted not to issue a statement following two days in front of the NCAA Committee on Infractions. So after about 15 hours worth of discussions, both sides left Nashville with no comment. Next step is a decision from the committee about possible sanctions.

They don't want you to know that what they were really doing was playing cornhole and sipping on sweet tea the whole time, joking about how silly it would be to levy any kind of sanctions on a program like UNC.

They don't want you to know that what they were really doing was playing cornhole and sipping on sweet tea the whole time, joking about how silly it would be to levy any kind of sanctions on a program like UNC.

Talking about how angry they are at Unc that they are going to take 50 more wins away from JB.

I can understand the anger and vitriol towards the NCAA by you guys and perhaps this makes your fans much more sensitive to the unc situation. However this is an emotional response and will blind one from seeing the details clearly. Especially these days there appears to be a real kickback against anything that is correlated with excellence. Mediocrity rules the day. People take delight in bringing success down- it wasn't meant as an attack on Syracuse as your program has built a nice niche as a northeastern power..just an observation that perhaps I should've worded differently.

I'm not sure what is more ironic:

1. Your presumption that your quasi-intellectualism will be enough to sugarcoat your condescending attitude; or

2. Your desperate attempt to convince yourself that the overriding reason people think UNC should and will get hammered is because they are envious of your "excellence" and "superiority." That stance might hold more water if you were talking about Duke, but not much.

I'm not sure what is more ironic:

1. Your presumption that your quasi-intellectualism will be enough to sugarcoat your condescending attitude; or

2. Your desperate attempt to convince yourself that the overriding reason people think UNC should and will get hammered is because they are envious of your "excellence" and "superiority." That stance might hold more water if you were talking about Duke, but not much.

1. Im just calling it like I see it, I in no way consider myself an intellectual.

2. I know you guys like to consider yourselves dooks "rival" in some way, but you kissing their ass in your second bullet point means very little to me, seeing as we have 3 national titles in this past decade. People only think Unc "should" get hammered for some fake plastic morality thats been fed to them by the media. Lets face it, even at the university level, the education in this country does little more than prepare the robots to take orders all day. So to pretend we are defending something sacred is hilarious to me, but I guess the song and dance has to be done.

Please explain to us all how having sham classes (not a fact up for debate) that were disproportionately attended by athletes and went on for nearly two decades (also not debatable) and the grades from these classes kept student athletes eligible when they otherwise wouldn't be (again...) is Ok and why there should be no repercussions from such actions

Thx

Last edited:
1. Im just calling it like I see it, I in no way consider myself an intellectual.

2. I know you guys like to consider yourselves dooks "rival" in some way, but you kissing their ass in your second bullet point means very little to me, seeing as we have 3 national titles in this past decade. People only think Unc "should" get hammered for some fake plastic morality thats been fed to them by the media. Lets face it, even at the university level, the education in this country does little more than prepare the robots to take orders all day. So to pretend we are defending something sacred is hilarious to me, but I guess the song and dance has to be done.
I just don't want to believe that the best use of your time in life is hanging out on our message board.

You are calling it like you think you see it, or how you would like to project that you see it, but you are not really being honest with yourself. Your crusade here kind of gives that away.

The Duke comment was made because I thought it would get a reaction from you, kind of an inferiority complex trigger. Go back an reread it, there is a shot at Duke in there.

The "fake plastic morality" and "defending something sacred...that does little more than prepare robots" is hilarious, but not for the reason you think. You are moving the goal posts after getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

As for your 3 National titles this decade, no one can say that is not impressive, not even Duke fans. It is a shame that those titles might be taken from you by the people charged with protecting that sanctity of the robot makers.

self awareness prolly isn't a thing for you - but your efforts here on an SU board are, well, cute

Theres really no reasoning with the almost senile level of intelligence youre displaying(which I think is on purpose) so Ill just bow out and say I really hope if indeed you are an employer you are better than this.
Dear Unctar88: The apostrophe is your friend, should YOU be searching either for jobs or credibility on an internet message board!

We would have more titles if our kids didn't have to go to class. Heck, we don't have a title, because our center DIDN'T go to class.

We would have more titles if our kids didn't have to go to class. Heck, we don't have a title, because our center DIDN'T go to class.

Am I to assume you think the past two seasons the unc basketball players still aren't attending class? There's certainly no way now that there's any "cheating" going on so..I mean, how In the world did they ever make back to back title games while actually going to class?

Yeah, that narrative doesn't really work.

Am I to assume you think the past two seasons the unc basketball players still aren't attending class? There's certainly no way now that there's any "cheating" going on so..I mean, how In the world did they ever make back to back title games while actually going to class?

Nobody cares.

You're here.

On a Saturday.

It's funny you guys actually think you had the best team that year that was denied a chance to win a title lololol. Because of ..fab melo? No really. Tell me more about 2012.

It's funny you guys actually think you had the best team that year that was denied a chance to win a title lololol. Because of ..fab melo? No really. Tell me more about 2012.

What is so hard to understand? Number one seed that loses their 7-footer and defensive presence in the middle? He wasn't some stud obviously but was good enough to merit being a 1st round draft pick. Different players and different systems but do you win it all without Meeks? Very doubtful. You can make a similar case with Oregon how losing their C cost them a potential title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom