UNC - Oregon | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UNC - Oregon

I think it would be cool if Gonzaga fiunally won ti all after knkcoking on the door for so many eyars. An JB likes Mark Few so it woudl be ncie if he'd get a title.

I also think it would be cool for our conference to have both the football and basketball titles. We would know we were testing ourselves against the best.

So, whatever happens, i will be cool with it. :cool:

Im not sure why I'm such a Power 5 snob but I loathe Gonzaga and the fact they are now legitimized because of a path to the Title Game that our terrible Syracuse team this year had a 50/50 shot of navigating.

I'm going to assume this is the beer talking. That and "the agony of defeat." :)

Feel bad for bell. Took blame for the loss in the locker room as tears streamed down his face.

Really tough.

Mark Few and JB are good friends. I think he would love to see his longtime friend get a ring.

I want Gonzaga to run away with it. No love for UNC here, ACC be damned. Let's have a non-P5 finally win it.
Villanova just won last year

Feel bad for bell. Took blame for the loss in the locker room as tears streamed down his face.

Really tough.
Man, between Bell and Fox, their have been some absolutely gut-wrenching post games this post-season.

Man, between Bell and Fox, their have been some absolutely gut-wrenching post games this post-season.

Feel really bad for him. All the headlines, and my posts last night, talk about the failure to box out.

Huge props to him because not only did he admit it and take the blame, the emotion was real. Seems like a great teammate and I love his game. This will sting for awhile though.

He did have like 15 boards though.

No doubt the Zags are a great team this season. What a lot of fans resent is the easy path they get to the tourney every year. It's like if Cuse was in the Patriot League and ran up a gaudy record with 1 or no conference losses and was given a #1 or #2 seed every year. And while the Zags play 3 or 4 high level P5 teams in the OOC schedule to start the year that's not the same as having to run the gauntlet of good teams in the ACC or B1G where you can play 3 or 4 ranked teams in a row and the middle of the pack schools are pretty good too. I think they have a great situation of being an elite P5 level program in a weak conference.

No doubt the Zags are a great team this season. What a lot of fans resent is the easy path they get to the tourney every year. It's like if Cuse was in the Patriot League and ran up a gaudy record with 1 or no conference losses and was given a #1 or #2 seed every year. And while the Zags play 3 or 4 high level P5 teams in the OOC schedule to start the year that's not the same as having to run the gauntlet of good teams in the ACC or B1G where you can play 3 or 4 ranked teams in a row and the middle of the pack schools are pretty good too. I think they have a great situation of being an elite P5 level program in a weak conference.

Once you see these guys play they pass every test in the book. Size, skill, athletes, fundametals, etc. This year's team in particular with the best collection of guards they have ever had. That NWG is outstanding. Them and Oregon/UCLA/Arizona would fnish in the top 1/4 of the ACC, imo, right with UL/Duke/UNC. Sure they would suffer some losses and warts but in no way are those teams middle of the pack ACC teans. It wouldn't matter what conference they were in. Few has built a real power now. They recruit nationally and internationally whereas back in the early 2000s he was mostly coaching up overlooked guys from the local Pacific Northwest area and/or right around Spokane.

Gonzaga will beat UNC. UNC goes through so many long stretches of average basketball and get by because they have insane depth and size. Jackson bails them out a lot and with Berry not 100%, I think Gonzaga capitalizes. UNC's strength is their ability to rebound, specifically on offense, and their wing play with Jackson and Pinson (moreso defensively). Gonzaga matches up well. Oregon and SC don't as they play with undersized 4's. I expect Collins to have another big game, he's a future stud imo. Add in the fact NWG hits really difficult shots and has good size, with Karnowski down low to bang with Meeks and Hicks, and I think this game goes to Gonzaga 78-75.

That's why Few hasn't left. He figured out he was in a great spot a long time ago. Also he saw how his predecessor Monson flamed out at Minnesota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom