UNC Roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Roster

And 4 rebounds on 29 percent 3 point shooting. Nobody is drafting a SF who can't shoot in today's NBA.

Roy doesn't have him out there to rebound. Kid was pretty good, got better and is taking his team to a championship game. I would gather he's a 2 at the next level but he's pretty much the guy we lost.

Back to back finals - maybe they should be

Doesn't change the fact that they don't recruit actual one and dones. Ratings don't mean a thing. If they did, then we wouldn't have lost so many early.

Sweetney floundered out of the NBA quickly because he couldn't control his weight, not for lack of ability.

What about meeks though? Nba player? Dont think so either.

Theo Pinson; McDonald's All American; Junior
Joel Berry; McDonald's All American; Junior
Kennedy Meeks; McDonald's All American; Senior
Isaiah Hicks; McDonald's All American; Senior
Justin Jackson; McDonald's All American; Junior

How do they get so many McDonald's All Americans to stay in school for so long?
Although speculative there are some pretty obvious candidate reasons:
the better players do not have to strike when the iron is hot as their draft status is not speculative,
each year they are in the hunt for a NC,
they have an ACC perspective that makes it important to beat their rivals especially Duke,
the weather isn't bad,
by getting established in the N. Carolina old boys network opportunities will present themselves outside the NBA when the time comes,
the coach does not publicly embarrass his players,
once the formula of staying until a NC is won, a trend is established.

UNC recruits old school:

-They bring in talented guards who don't have freakish measurables.

-They bring in slashing forwards who have to develop a 3 point shot.

-They bring in post-up big men who do work in the paint and aren't floating around the perimeter banging threes.

We do the exact opposite.

What about meeks though? Nba player? Dont think so either.

Sure. There's a place for bench bigs in the NBA.

Not every team is a contending playoff caliber squad. And all teams utilize a steady dose of bench minutes eaters in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Roy doesn't have him out there to rebound. Kid was pretty good, got better and is taking his team to a championship game. I would gather he's a 2 at the next level but he's pretty much the guy we lost.

He's bigger than Mal at 6'8"and plays the 3/4 for UNC. I find the comparisons to Mal and Lydon odd because our guys produced more at a younger age than Jackson did as freshman or Sophomores. That's why he never left. He had zero chance of getting drafted.

UNC recruits old school:

-They bring in talented guards who don't have freakish measurables.

-They bring in dribble drive forwards who have to develop a 3 point shot.

-They bring in actual post-up big men who do work in the paint and aren't floating around the perimeter banging threes.

We do the exact opposite.

Tyler Ennis didn't have the freakish measurables of his brother who apparently really really loves college.

Thing about us - and it's an imperfect example - is an undersized but bulky post up big. We finally got one in DeJuan and it never worked right really for how we play (I know the knees...)

Doesn't change the fact that they don't recruit actual one and dones. Ratings don't mean a thing. If they did, then we wouldn't have lost so many early.

They recruited harry giles, they had marvin williams. They had harrison barnes who ppl though was one and done and think he stayed two.

Im sure unc had its fair share of early entries. What i find ironic is ppl b***** about are recruits but now dont want one and done either.

All we want are championship caliber players who wont leave early. Is that too much to ask jim?

Tyler Ennis didn't have the freakish measurables of his brother who apparently really really loves college.

Thing about us - and it's an imperfect example - is an undersized but bulky post up big. We finally got one in DeJuan and it never worked right really for how we play (I know the knees...)

We had it with arinze and those teams were great. I think arinze is better than meeks

He's bigger than Mal at 6'8"and plays the 3/4 for UNC. I find the comparisons to Mal and Lydon odd because our guys produced more at a younger age than Jackson did as freshman or Sophomores. That's why he never left. He had zero chance of getting drafted.

Mal played the 3 for us. It's an inch and a point.

I don't see a Lydon comp.

Yea, I can't explain Tyler Ennis. He was a byproduct of an undefeated streak, media hype and an iconic 3 point shot against Pitt. Very Marcus Paige-like player who, of course, stayed at UNC for years.

Sure. There's a place for bench bigs in the NBA.

Not every team is a contending playoff caliber squad. And all teams utilize a steady dose of bench minutes eaters in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Ok ill remember you said that and well see if hes on a roster. I actually think hicks is better nba prospect

Ok ill remember you said that and well see if hes on a roster. I actually think hicks is better nba prospect

Ok...?

I think this board in general shows a poor understanding of what it takes to play in the NBA, and what the NBA draft entails. I'm not saying that Meeks is a lottery pick, but I'd be shocked if he isn't on an NBA roster next year. Absolutely shocked.

They recruited harry giles, they had marvin williams. They had harrison barnes who ppl though was one and done and think he stayed two.

Im sure unc had its fair share of early entries. What i find ironic is ppl b***** about are recruits but now dont want one and done either.

All we want are championship caliber players who wont leave early. Is that too much to ask jim?
I'll take early entries all day!! Not many here say a word about Mali because he earned it in the tourney and was drafted first round.

People have a right to complain when Tyler Lydon goes pro as a soph without a first round guarantee after an NIT year and Justin Jackson is bringing a possible title to Chapel Hill as a Junior.

That's also different from saying Lydon should come back. It's just looking at the situations and laughing at how ridiculous it is.

Ok...?

I think this board in general shows a poor understanding of what it takes to play in the NBA, and what the NBA draft entails. I'm not saying that Meeks is a lottery pick, but I'd be shocked if he isn't on an NBA roster next year. Absolutely shocked.

Ok. Thats fine. Question my judgment but i dont think meeks is an nba player or really close. So i think youll be shocked but maybe i will be.

Ok...?

He's projected as a back end 2nd round pick
and is rated as the 29th best prospect in the ACC by Draft Express. I suppose he could make a team, but he has his work cut out for him.

I'll take early entries all day!! Not many here say a word about Mali because he earned it in the tourney and was drafted first round.

People have a right to complain when Tyler Lydon goes pro as a soph without a first round guarantee after an NIT year and Justin Jackson is bringing a possible title to Chapel Hill as a Junior.

That's also different from saying Lydon should come back. It's just looking at the situations and laughing at how ridiculous it is.

If Lydon left last year after he set the tournament record in blocks would you have been as salty? It's not like he didn't contribute here.

Yeah he's a junior. Go look what he did last year. If Jackson doesn't come out I will be shocked. He's a lottery pick this year.

He was a good player last year, he might leave, but I wouldn't be shocked if he came back.

If Lydon left last year after he set the tournament record in blocks would you have been as salty? It's not like he didn't contribute here.
If he was a first round lock. No, not at all.

He played like the sidekick of a sidekick all year and then goes pro without a first round guarantee. As all these other guys just like him, but better, are declaring, he's looking more and more like an early 2nd rounder.

He has every right to go pro. We also have the right to talk about it.

If he was a first round lock. No, not at all.

He played like the sidekick of a sidekick all year and then goes pro without a first round guarantee. As all these other guys just like him, but better, are declaring, he's looking more and more like an early 2nd rounder.

He has every right to go pro. We also have the right to talk about it.

So if he's not a first round lock he comes back right? He hasn't signed with an agent as far as anything that's been reported.

He's projected as a back end 2nd round pick
and is rated as the 29th best prospect in the ACC by Draft Express. I suppose he could make a team, but he has his work cut out for him.

Things change. That "projection" came before a 25 point / 14 rebound outburst in the final four.

What was Malachi Richardson projected as prior to the UVa game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom