UNC Roster | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Roster

Lol, im not sure tho. A lot of our early entries are still in thr league. Who flamed out? Im sure there is one or two but cant think of any right now.
You may be right. I'll do a little research in the morning. I've got to send emails out for the updated standings in our office bracket pool before going to bed. My co-workers get ornery if they are not kept up to date on where they stand.

Off the top of my head, Paul Harris & Eric Devendorf stand out as they were never going to go to the NBA. Both had kids they needed to support. Sadly, I think Tyler Lydon may be added to the list by this time next year. I will add, I don't think its a bad decision for him as I do not feel his draft status will rise if he stayed. Make money while you can, doing what you love.

Yea but theyre in the league...

Grant is seemingly doing fine.

Ennis was never going higher.

Melo did well.

Jury is out on mali but draft position was nice.

Mccollough was always overrated in my mind. Strictly was the measurables. But draft position wasnt bad.

Fab melo - his situation was a disaster with grades so not sure we can include this in the convo.

Who am i missing?

Melo is in his own class, he isn't in the discussion with the others, you don't know that Ennis wouldn't have gone higher, the rest the jury is still out.

Duke had a guy similar to that this year. Theres an analogy for RF.
The thread compares SU to Carolina (not Duke) and while one can dispute the differences on a player by player basis, certainly the perception of a distinct difference between the two programs rings true.

You may be right. I'll do a little research in the morning. I've got to send emails out for the updated standings in our office bracket pool before going to bed. My co-workers get ornery if they are not kept up to date on where they stand.

Off the top of my head, Paul Harris & Eric Devendorf stand out as they were never going to go to the NBA. Both had kids they needed to support. Sadly, I think Tyler Lydon may be added to the list by this time next year. I will add, I don't think its a bad decision for him as I do not feel his draft status will rise if he stayed. Make money while you can, doing what you love.

I think both devo and paul overstayed their welcome though.

The thread compares SU to Carolina (not Duke) and while one can dispute the differences on a player by player basis, certainly the perception of a distinct difference between the two programs rings true.

Ok then since 98 unc has had 17 early entrants into nba and cuse 11. Cuse w 4 frosh and unc 2, so theres a difference between unc and cuse.

There also should be acknowledgement that unc recruiting has been dampened by ncaa investigations. May scare off top level type players.

Ok then since 98 unc has had 17 early entrants into nba and cuse 11. Cuse w 4 frosh and unc 2, so theres a difference between unc and cuse.

There also should be acknowledgement that unc recruiting has been dampened by ncaa investigations. May scare off top level type players.

It's more the last decade that folks are talking about - and especially the past few years.
Other than Melo, we probably didn't have *any* early departures since '98 until Dont'e leave went.

The biggest difference between UNC and SU (other than fake classes :p) is that we have fewer talented recruits and players than they do overall , and any good ones we get, usually get big minutes right away - Ennis, Mali,
or as Sophs - Dion, MCW, Jerami, Lydon.

UNC has such a stockpile of talent, that most players don't get the minutes and exposure needed to fly up draft radars like our guys do. So they stay.

sweetney's name has to be included in the top 10 list of all time CUSE killers. used to go off for like 20 and 20.

Yea but theyre in the league...

Grant is seemingly doing fine.

Ennis was never going higher.

Melo did well.

Jury is out on mali but draft position was nice.

Mccollough was always overrated in my mind. Strictly was the measurables. But draft position wasnt bad.

Fab melo - his situation was a disaster with grades so not sure we can include this in the convo.

Who am i missing?

Carmelo Anthony wanted to come back to SU for another year. He loved playing for JB. JB could have been selfish and talked him into coming back, go for the repeat, but he knew that Melo's stock would never be higher than it was at that time. JB advised him to leave. You think JB knew what he could accomplish with Melo in Orange one more season? Absolutely. But he did what was best for Melo.

Seems like a coach who cares for his players' longer term careers than his own gawdy numbers. Yeah, he was pissed when Ennis left early, but he was pissed at dad. Dad had said it was a two year plan, then went out and started selling Tyler's services after we were about 20-0.

If people don't think that Duke and UNC boosters are part of keeping kids an extra year or two, they are ostriches. Justin Jackson would have been drafted last season on potential alone. He didn't need to come back for himself. He came back for the good ol boys.

The idea that Ennis' draft stock is somehow linked to that shot he hit @Pitt is another HOF Syracusefan NBA take.

Not the same tier as Chukwu= Gobert, but still HOF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom