UNC Roster | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Roster

So if he's not a first round lock he comes back right? He hasn't signed with an agent as far as anything that's been reported.
From people in the know, it seems like a done deal that's he's gone.

Things change. That "projection" came before a 25 point / 14 rebound outburst in the final four.

What was Malachi Richardson projected as prior to the UVa game?

Really two very different situations so the analogy is poor

Really two very different situations so the analogy is poor

No, it isn't. It just goes to show that pre-draft projections before the season ends are not very reliable.

Sounds like you just have a beef with Kennedy Meeks. Good on you -- I really don't care either way. But feel free to call me out if he doesn't make a roster. I doubt I'll remember this and certainly won't bring it up if he does.

No, it isn't. It just goes to show that pre-draft projections before the season ends are not very reliable.

Sounds like you just have a beef with Kennedy Meeks. Good on you -- I really don't care either way. But feel free to call me out if he doesn't make a roster. I doubt I'll remember this and certainly won't bring it up if he does.

Dont take it personal because the analogy sucks. Just calling it for what it is.

Dont take it personal because the analogy sucks. Just calling it for what it is.

Your response is what sucks. The analogy was fine, it just went over your head because you are irrational about Kennedy Meeks.

Meeks is like a much worse michael sweetney and sweetney floundered out of nba quickly

Here's an analogy that sucks. Meeks is nothing like Sweeteny, in game nor physique.

Here's an analogy that sucks. Meeks is nothing like Sweeteny, in game nor physique.

At least im not comparing a frosh sg with good height/length, solid athleticism and great shooting stroke to an overweight senior center who plays below the rim.

If Lydon left last year after he set the tournament record in blocks would you have been as salty? It's not like he didn't contribute here.
I don't think anyone is angry or "salty" about Lydon leaving. If he can make $$$$ at the next level, I'm happy for him. I want what is best for our players. I simply was curious how teams like UNC can get McDonald's all american's to stay for 3-4 years. What is it about UNC's program or how they recruit that gets their players to stay even when they can make money at the next level. Some have brought interesting insight to this topic that I appreciate.
I think the Dylan Ennis was a perfect example. The kid could be making $$$$ over seas building his nest egg, but he decided to stay in college. The kids we recruit don't seem to have this mind set, even when they are in the same family.

At least im not comparing a frosh sg with good height/length, solid athleticism and great shooting stroke to an overweight senior center who plays below the rim.

I wasn't, John Wooden, I was responding to a comment about where Meeks was projected to get drafted prior to the NCAA tournament, and comparing how a frosh sg with good height/length who wasn't on anybody's draft radar until he had an offensive outburst against a #1 seed ended up being drafted.

As mentioned above, the analogy was fine--you just didn't understand it.

I don't think anyone is angry or "salty" about Lydon leaving. If he can make $$$$ at the next level, I'm happy for him. I want what is best for our players. I simply was curious how teams like UNC can get McDonald's all american's to stay for 3-4 years. What is it about UNC's program or how they recruit that gets their players to stay even when they can make money at the next level. Some have brought interesting insight to this topic that I appreciate.
I think the Dylan Ennis was a perfect example. The kid could be making $$$$ over seas building his nest egg, but he decided to stay in college. The kids we recruit don't seem to have this mind set, even when they are in the same family.

I get what youre saying but i dont think weve ever had a player leave early to go to europe have we?

I wasn't, John Wooden, I was responding to a comment about where Meeks was projected to get drafted prior to the NCAA tournament, and comparing how a frosh sg with good height/length who wasn't on anybody's draft radar until he had an offensive outburst against a #1 seed ended up being drafted.

As mentioned above, the analogy was fine--you just didn't understand it.

Your argument is apparently anything is possible. I will stick with my opinion that it is silly to analogize two situations which are so very different.

Your argument is apparently anything is possible. I will stick with my opinion that it is silly to analogize two situations which are so very different.
If that's your opinion, then you need to work on your reading comprehension. Or refrain from posting after a mad dog bender. Either or.

I have nothing against posting on bender's, I just wish you guys weren't upset at one another. Why not make a monetary wager like I enjoy doing, being you're both relatively certain?

For what it's worth, I think Meeks would make a decent bench player in the NBA. Fab had more of an upside, but I could see Meeks being a player that actually sticks around longer, and I've never been a fan of the guy. I'm still sour Christmas flamed out when it came time to face him.

I get what youre saying but i dont think weve ever had a player leave early to go to europe have we?
I don't think any of the players who have left early had the intent of playing overseas. I know Lydon doesn't. But if i could have a dime for everyone that ended up overseas, i'd have a lot of dimes.:)

I don't think any of the players who have left early had the intent of playing overseas. I know Lydon doesn't. But if i could have a dime for everyone that ended up overseas, i'd have a lot of dimes.:)

Lol, im not sure tho. A lot of our early entries are still in thr league. Who flamed out? Im sure there is one or two but cant think of any right now.

Lol, im not sure tho. A lot of our early entries are still in thr league. Who flamed out? Im sure there is one or two but cant think of any right now.

Most of our early entries aren't really doing anything of note either. Other than Waiters and Mcw who I think we can all agree made the right decision.

Most of our early entries aren't really doing anything of note either. Other than Waiters and Mcw who I think we can all agree made the right decision.

Yea but theyre in the league...

Grant is seemingly doing fine.

Ennis was never going higher.

Melo did well.

Jury is out on mali but draft position was nice.

Mccollough was always overrated in my mind. Strictly was the measurables. But draft position wasnt bad.

Fab melo - his situation was a disaster with grades so not sure we can include this in the convo.

Who am i missing?

Fab melo - his situation was a disaster with grades so not sure we can include this in the convo.

I had most of my post written before I saw yours pop up. Good point on the grades. Man, I wish the system hadn't failed him and we could have gotten to see him play to his potential.

Either way, he didn't finish his career in Europe. ;)

SU has guys who play 12 minutes, shred their leg and still declare.

If they NBA still took players after high school, we'd likely have players declare after just a campus visit.

Yea but theyre in the league...

Grant is seemingly doing fine.

Ennis was never going higher.

Melo did well.

Jury is out on mali but draft position was nice.

Mccollough was always overrated in my mind. Strictly was the measurables. But draft position wasnt bad.

Who am i missing?
Donte Greene. Pretty sure he openly admits he should've came back?..

Jonny Flynn. Had to go given the hype and how high his draft stock was.

Donte Greene. Pretty sure he openly admits he should've came back?..

Jonny Flynn. Had to go given the hype and how high his draft stock was.

Good call on donte. He flopped.

J flynn was injury related so not 100% fair to judge him for decision. Top 10 pick too.

SU has guys who play 12 minutes, shred their leg and still declare.

Duke had a guy similar to that this year. Theres an analogy for RF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom