UNC Ruling | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Ruling

a0a6d899502d6313d9383d025eeeb6efcf48062b2e2b94922da446a0537b6b01.jpg

Do you really think university presidents are going to eliminate their cash cow, feeble organization who "oversees them" ??

Nope lol. Nothing changes

We shall see. The NCAA doesn't have to be the sole governing body of major d1 college sports. As of right now they have zero credibility. Nothing will be done overnight, but I'd think there are thoughts to having certain p5 schools separate altogether and find a way to possibly increase their cash cow being governed by another body. At least we can hope.

Believe it or not, that was actually Tyler Hansbrough.;)
Rosa was like, "Yo, popo, why you trying to hem me up? I'm just trying to get to work." Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

I know a few of you predicted this might happen because it was UNC, but just assumed there was way too much for them not to act on (especially for the penalties we got for letting a couple players make an honest living by working at the YMCA). To me this is just about as shocking as the U.S. not qualifying for the World Cup. This note that OrangeExtreme posted is gonna make my head explode:

"Sankey saying that UNC athletes likely received fraudulent academic credit used to maintain eligibility, but NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction"

What??????????

New SU major. Hey dork kid over there, get in here, we need you and a friend to enroll in this major.
th

Been saying since inception that UNC would skate. But this ruling is beyond all belief. look at Emmert's newly formed committee to investigate NCAA enforcement issues -- it's a joke. Chaired by Condie Rice and a bunch of people who have no idea what goes on in the real world. If you want action put people on the committee who know how cheating is done... Bruce Pearl, Rick Pitino, Book Richardson. They will expose it because they know how it's being done. Give them an incentive to expose it in a deal.

This NCAA judgement is a lot of things: ridiculous, appalling, hilarious, a travesty of justice...but also totally expected.

The crazy thing is this judgement actually establishes a blueprint for how to cheat on a massive scale, and get away with it. Why wouldn't every school set up a system of sham classes to keep their athletes eligible now? All you have to do is make sure you don't leave enough of a paper trail to establish that the athletes are being steered into the classes and you're golden. If the athletes aren't being steered, then they're freely choosing to take the courses just like every other student. Bingo, instant transformation of athletic scandal into academic scandal that is no longer in the NCAA wheelhouse.

lol still can't believe how many around here were CONVINCED n.c. was DEFINITELY getting hammered - writing was on the wall for quite a while that they were gonna skate... and the "but the FBI" as the new reason that the hammer had to come down just never made logical sense - Newhouser 's take above pretty much nails it
I was one of the ones who were convinced. I have this nagging problem thinking that the right thing will be done. :bat:

Posting this on Twitter right now... NCAA is ridiculous

What is your Twitter handle? Message me if you don't want to put it here (or just tweet it to me). I wonder if I follow you.

Sankey saying that UNC athletes likely received fraudulent academic credit used to maintain eligibility, but NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction.

I've never understood this position that the NCAA has taken repeatedly. I 100% get the NCAA's rationale that determining course content is not in their "wheelhouse." I'm okay accepting that rationale.

But I don't understand how the ostensible governing body of amateur collegiate athletics goes out of their way to intentionally overlook that the utilization of ineligible players is a major, flagrant, blatant problem that is SQUARELY in their jurisdictional "wheelhouse."

Programs are forced to vacate wins, titles, etc. over far less than 17 years of artificially inflated GPAs keeping athletes "eligible" across dozens of sports.

It is completely falling down on the job on the part of the NCAA, no matter what they would like to pretend. Compared to this, what transpired at the University of Minnesota [which got HAMMERED by the NCAA for what was--at the time--considered to be the biggest academic scandal in college basketball history] is child's play.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom