UNH post game | Syracusefan.com

UNH post game

Orangezoo

In the wind
Great opening 10 mins. Rough final 30. Judah has to be much better. Red needs to get these guys fighting and playing hard for 40 mins. Right now he's getting about half that.

There's a clear the pieces don't fit yet and the kids need to play for each other more challenge. Step 1 is don't lose these type of games.

Didn’t see JJ over the last 10 minutes or so of the game. Was he hurt?

Judah has to distribute more. There’s times to go get a bucket and there’s times to run the offense and move the ball around. It doesn’t have to be 100-0 one way or the other and that’s clearly something he still has to figure out.

They’re going to win a few they probably shouldn’t and look bad in some others.

Too many ball dominant players and lots of low IQ. That second half needed more ball movement on O.

Room to grow for sure though.

As soon as Judah started doing what he did last year and become that dominate scoring point guard he failed and the team failed. Needs to straighten out.

Why so little McLeod? He literally stopped their entire time from getting into the paint.

The Daniels dude is legit. Not sure how he isn’t in a bigger league.

My biggest concern is rebounding, we’ve heard our entire lifetimes Syracuse wasn’t a good rebounding team because of how difficult it is to rebound out of a zone. What’s the excuse now? We have to crash the glass. If this team is going to struggle shooting early on we have to limit the 2nd chance points. Rebounding has to be pounded in practice.

A win is a win. Obviously dominating 30+ minutes like we did the first 10 would have been ideal but it's a weird situation for everyone so as long as we make progress every game I'm happy.

My only real gripe tonight is with playing extended minutes of zone with Brown at the five instead of McLeod. That just doesn't make any sense, to me.

As soon as Judah started doing what he did last year and become that dominate scoring point guard he failed and the team failed. Needs to straighten out.

Why so little McLeod? He literally stopped their entire time from getting into the paint.

The Daniels dude is legit. Not sure how he isn’t in a bigger league.

McLeod got beat a few times but I'll take them struggling with his presence with those plays they get by him.

Copeland with 12 boards. 3 assists. 4 turnovers and 8 points. I love those boards, not gonna lie. We knew there would be adjustments in year one. This season will be a mix of “Oh damn” followed by the occasional “Ahhhhh damn!”. I’m for it. There is alot to like.

My biggest concern is rebounding, we’ve heard our entire lifetimes Syracuse wasn’t a good rebounding team because of how difficult it is to rebound out of a zone. What’s the excuse now? We have to crash the glass. If this team is going to struggle shooting early on we have to limit the 2nd chance points. Rebounding has to be pounded in practice.
We're not going to be a good rebounding team. Especially without Benny and with Brown not 100%.

A win is a win. Obviously dominating 30+ minutes like we did the first 10 would have been ideal but it's a weird situation for everyone so as long as we make progress every game I'm happy.

My only real gripe tonight is with playing extended minutes of zone with Brown at the five instead of McLeod. That just doesn't make any sense, to me.
I came away very unimpressed. The hoop IQ is also very low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom