Uniforms to be unveiled at 10am | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms to be unveiled at 10am

Slick.

We should be ecstatic that we have a popular, marketable program that Nike wants to showcase.

Honest to God, I don't think some of you understand business in the slightest.
You corporate shill you!

I am going to make believe they are wearing their whites but that the bus fell into a sewer on the way to the Dome and the unis were soiled in an exciting escape from a raging torrent of poo and glacial till.

It could possibly be worse. At least they didn't replace the orange with pink. What are the designers at Nike so infatuated with duct tape?

Secret Nike prototype Syracuse jersey to be released in 2015:

18.jpg

Love them.

No offense, but there are a lot of old people opinions on this board that don't understand that the kids love this type of stuff.

And there are a lot of kids on here that don't understand we are the Syracuse Orangemen.

Slick.

We should be ecstatic that we have a popular, marketable program that Nike wants to showcase.

Honest to God, I don't think some of you understand business in the slightest.

So let them do the exact uni's with navy blue instead of gray. People would be even more ecstatic and it would do more for their "business". But then that wouldn't go along with their catchy phrase "platinum series". It's not the uni, it's not even 'cuse for the most part. It's the color.

And there are a lot of kids on here that don't understand we are the Syracuse Orangemen.

Is it OK to have more than one "nickname"? We are the Syracuse Orangemen. We're also the Orange, and the 'Cuse (I would venture to guess that more people refer to the team as 'Cuse and/or the Orange than "Syracuse Orangemen."

Regardless, when it comes down to it, I support business decisions that will increase the value of our brand, make us more attractive to good basketball players, maintain a top-quality program, and connect with a generation of kids that stand in line for hours to get the new J-bones. Why wouldn't we want to encourage that? What is the countervailing interest? Nostalgia?

Is it OK to have more than one "nickname"? We are the Syracuse Orangemen. We're also the Orange, and the 'Cuse (I would venture to guess that more people refer to the team as 'Cuse and/or the Orange than "Syracuse Orangemen."

Regardless, when it comes down to it, I support business decisions that will increase the value of our brand, make us more attractive to good basketball players, maintain a top-quality program, and connect with a generation of kids that stand in line for hours to get the new J-bones. Why wouldn't we want to encourage that? What is the countervailing interest? Nostalgia?

Wearing gray uniforms for a game vs USF is not going to increase our brand. Being named as 1 of the 9 schools for a new uni look, might help a weeeeee bit, but then that could have been achieved with the blue ones.

So let them do the exact uni's with navy blue instead of gray. People would be even more ecstatic and it would do more for their "business". But then that wouldn't go along with their catchy phrase "platinum series". It's not the uni, it's not even 'cuse for the most part. It's the color.

Bees, remember these are home uniforms and they did do navy blue uniforms and 90% of people here want to jump off the south rim of the grand canyon at the mere mention of them. The resistance is about people being threatened and confused by change. Its normal and expected. I think the blue space suits are the sharpest uniforms Syracuse has ever had, with the Orange spacers second (the current road unis).

I guess what I'm saying is; you can't solve this discontent with blue jerseys. People hate them. Because people (generally) hate things that are different.

Bees, remember these are home uniforms and they did do navy blue uniforms and 90% of people here want to jump off the south rim of the grand canyon at the mere mention of them. The resistance is about people being threatened and confused by change. Its normal and expected. I think the blue space suits are the sharpest uniforms Syracuse has ever had, with the Orange spacers second (the current road unis).

I guess what I'm saying is; you can't solve this discontent with blue jerseys. People hate them. Because people (generally) hate things that are different.

Were they navy blue with the orange in them though? I remember solid NY Mets blue.

They had the orange trim on the sides and orange trim around the numbers. Orange SYRACUSE on the front. They were awesome.

harris01.jpg
harris01.jpg

Boeheim is apparently on record as thinking these uniforms are "sharp" and "cool."

So there's that.

i thought years ago we had blue uni's with script syracuse on them anyone have a pic

I'm still partial to the 1950 uniform. Satin shorts, that fit the way shorts were MEANT to fit. A real belt at the waist, and a tank top that wasn't just cut off at the shoulders. Now those were some sweet threads. And while we're at it, can we bring back the high-top canvas Converse sneakers?

'Syracuse' belongs on road uniforms. Nicknames are fine for home uniforms. Not sure why nobody gets that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom