Uniforms to be unveiled at 10am | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms to be unveiled at 10am

they are abominable. 'cuse???? how can gross and cantor let this happen????the mentality behind this is sickening. i hope jb drags out the script syracuse for wva in protest.

We are now known as "Cuse" or "the Cuse" just as much as Villanova is now "Nova" to most non-Nova folks.

When any of my non-Syracuse friends talk about our team, its never Syracuse, or the Orange, its almost always Cuse. Maybe its an NYC thing and its different up in CNY but people rarely use the whole word anymore.

"How about the Cuse?"
"Cuse is playing great."
"Whats going on up at the Cuse with the Bernie Fine thing?"

And an unintended benefit of this is that we can stop arguing about whether its "Seera-Cuse" or 'Sara-cuse"

All I care about is a) do the players like them and b) will HS recruits like them. My guess is that Nike did some research before bringing these to market.

I don't wear basketball jerseys nor do I care what the majority of the middle-aged fan base thinks.

All I care about are a) do the players like them and b) will HS recruits like them. My guess is that Nike did some research before bringing these to market.

I don't wear basketball jerseys nor do I care what the majority of the middle-aged fan base thinks.

So far on twitter, I've only seen one player comment (walk-on Griffin Hoffman) and he loves them.

Eh? Not a fan of the duct tape ones. Don't mind this as an alternate. Grey? Well white isn't orange or blue either. Only thing I'd change is orange #'s highlighted in white or blue.

All I care about are a) do the players like them and b) will HS recruits like them. My guess is that Nike did some research before bringing these to market.

Personally I don't think players nor recruits have as great a sense of pride in the name or color. I bet if they had their choice, they would be black uni's with a big Nike swoosh because they only think "cool". I doubt they care as much that they are the Orange(men). They have a greater sense of tradition after they are gone.

rp_primary_NikeUniforms.jpg

Is that Josh Wright?

Interesting model choice. Dayshawn Wright not available? Maybe Mookie Jones can model next season's experimental uni's.

Why are they making every team wear gray? The styling isn't bad but hate the gray.
Should be school colors...which isn't gray.

still want blue uni's ,orange piping on jersey and shorts and script orange "syracuse" or orangemen on front with orange numerals all outlined in white

To join this topic with the other hot topic of the day, if Melo ends up being ineligible will he be considered our Ex-Cuse for not winning it all this year.

Why are they making every team wear gray? The styling isn't bad but hate the gray.

Gray is the new White. It has nothing to do with school colors. Our home jerseys now are white and that isn't one of our school colors. Its just a changing of the guard from White to Gray.

As long as the players and the recruits like them, I'm fine with them.

Now we need the football team to be deserving of pro combat jerseys, no matter how horrible they look. I'd rather be in the group with awful jerseys than be on the outside looking in.

The most important thing is that this is only used for one game...or for one game a year against a team that isn't Georgetown. As long as they're not thinking this as a long-term option, or a more regular option, I'm okay with it.

hey! maybe the football team can get these in a football version.metallic platinum helmets, with orange block S,all platinum jersey's and pants, orange stripes,orange numbers and lettering outlined on black,platinum socks with orange stripes now that would be excellent. what kid could refuse that action figure

Personally I don't think players nor recruits have as great a sense of pride in the name or color. I bet if they had their choice, they would be black uni's with a big Nike swoosh because they only think "cool". I doubt they care as much that they are the Orange(men). They have a greater sense of tradition after they are gone.

Good for anyone looking to keep tradition alive, Nike also sells 500 various retro jerseys as well.

Seriously agree on the design. New unis look like a lovechild between GTown and Cuse.

Where is the subtle tribute to 2003?

They're okay. I'm a little let down. I'd rather see a platinum set (think Oregon's Rose Bowl unis) for football - and lacrosse.

I think we're taking this a little better than the 2007 unveiling of the now-accepted unis.couchburn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom