Uniforms vs ND @ Yankee Stadium | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms vs ND @ Yankee Stadium

We wore Champion through 1994.

In 1995 we wore a Nike uni for 1 season which copied the Champion design exactly.

From 1996-2004 we wore the other Nike design with the orange numbers.

I always liked the blue numbers better.

092802_auburn_1_fo.JPG

Sooo.. how much fun if weather changes and it snows during game as we are all white...

That’s a Syracuse mentality. It’ll be in the 40s for sure...

Cuse: "Hey Nike, perfect chance for you to show out against Under Armor with a Shamrock Series one off, whatch got?"
Nike: "Nah."

Nike needs more time to react.

And.

Nike is not going o move mountains for one of its programs that had been out of the Top 25 since well before the iPhone was invented.

And.

Nike is not going o move mountains for one of its programs that had been out of the Top 25 since well before the iPhone was invented.
I know, just piling on messing around. To be fair, ND announced their uniforms for this game back in the summer. But I get what you're saying about them not investing anything into this program or game with the existing national perception.

Cuse: "Hey Nike, perfect chance for you to show out against Under Armor with a Shamrock Series one off, whatch got?"
Nike is still the winner based on what UA came up with and the disaster that ND wore last weekend. It somehow looks better in a still picture than it did on television.
0ABB2752-2C2D-4FE6-8A14-E5DD4DA3ACE4.jpeg

I know, just piling on messing around. To be fair, ND announced their uniforms for this game back in the summer. But I get what you're saying about them not investing anything into this program or game with the existing national perception.

Under Armour is much more agile because it has less overall programs and only two marquee ones for football really.

We wore Champion through 1994.

In 1995 we wore a Nike uni for 1 season which copied the Champion design exactly.

From 1996-2004 we wore the other Nike design with the orange numbers.

I always liked the blue numbers better.

092802_auburn_1_fo.JPG
ncf_ap_dmcpherson1_300.jpg

The blue number did look nice.

I like the all whites. Yeah I’d prefer orange pants but the all whites are pretty slick.

We've got white hats, white jerseys, white pants. It's like the Lone Ranger all over again. When we ride out of town in a cloud of dust they'll all say who was that? We're the Orange and we don't take crap from anybody!

Biggest game in years with a national audience and we don’t wear orange. When will we change our name if we aren’t going to wear it. Orange white orange would have been the appropriate choice.

I agree, if they are going all navy, our best combo of blue, orange, blue would represent the best.

Nike has nothing for Cuse fb. does anyone know if nike made a proposal for unis that we turned down?

Ya no and I'm a mets fan. Don't want the mets poisoning my college fb team.

I mean, these ones are kind of like the 1997 "ice cream man" Sunday home uniforms. Apologies in advance for not finding a picture of former Oklahoma football player and Met outfielder Butch Huskey.

Screen-shot-2015-03-11-at-9.58.05-PM.png

And.

But Nike's made it clear that it's advertising its brand, not Syracuse's, so a game that's been scheduled for national TV since summer? spring? could have been viewed as a high-exposure branding opportunity with a ton of lead time. It's not moving mountains for a loser football team, it's just creating buzz for itself. And for whatever reason it didn't seize the opportunity.

SU's sticking with Nike, and Nike's better than its competitors, but I'm not impressed with its willingness to be proactive or creative.

A sneak peak at the helmet?

I’m all for traditional uniforms, but in my eyes, this is *the* big away game of the year. I’d be very happy w/ all whites vs ND, and traditional for the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom