Uniforms vs ND @ Yankee Stadium | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms vs ND @ Yankee Stadium

We wore Champion through 1994.

In 1995 we wore a Nike uni for 1 season which copied the Champion design exactly.

From 1996-2004 we wore the other Nike design with the orange numbers.

I always liked the blue numbers better.

092802_auburn_1_fo.JPG

These unis are perfect! I actually love the orange numerals over the blue ones, to each his own I guess. The blue numerals reminds me of Auburn, a team I still despise to this day. I also love these helmets with the stripe across the top. The university should bring it back with the new unis coming out for next year, and still keep the block S as well. Many teams have a stripe across the top along with the lettering on its side; UNC, Pitt, just to name a couple, and it looks great.

What is lost in all of this is that mighty notre dame, nicknamed the golden domers by many, is wearing a putrid uniform without the iconic gold helmet. I am sure there are plenty of ND fans who HATE these uniforms.

One of these days we have to bring back the 90s unis I miss them be nice to throw it back.

Really wish it was Orange hat w Orange pants...I never liked all white on anyone but I've only watched college football for 46 years, what do I know. Who makes this call? Guarantee it is not a lifetime Cuse guy, 99% of real Cuse people say Orange, White, Orange. Make it happen!! Oh and Nothing Dame unis are Gawd Awful!! Look terrible to sell merch? Love to see that study.

Fact checking this... the 2012 shamrock series had wonky helmets but one side had gold so that counts I guess. Crazy

Fact checking this... the 2012 shamrock series had wonky helmets but one side had gold so that counts I guess. Crazy

I love it. Combine their angst with moving the home game to NY (against a team they thought wouldn’t be a problem) with a weird uni combo AND the stakes being really
high?

Delicious.

Would've loved Orange White Orange. And I love GOT and I know Dino is a big fan of the show, but the Winter is Coming theme coming from us is kinda laughable since we play our home games in a dome

What is lost in all of this is that mighty notre dame, nicknamed the golden domers by many, is wearing a putrid uniform without the iconic gold helmet. I am sure there are plenty of ND fans who HATE these uniforms.

Spot on...its become a big CF. a domino effect brought about by ND being the home team and showing up thinking they are the Yankees instead off showing off their colors nationally in a big city. That makes us show up in white and abandon orange. It's a mess...

It feels like the choices have been less bad this year and perhaps owing to having an adult in the room in Wildhack.

Hopefully his influence will continue in the new contract.
Really wish it was Orange hat w Orange pants...I never liked all white on anyone but I've only watched college football for 46 years, what do I know. Who makes this call? Guarantee it is not a lifetime Cuse guy, 99% of real Cuse people say Orange, White, Orange. Make it happen!! Oh and Nothing Dame unis are Gawd Awful!! Look terrible to sell merch? Love to see that study.

Dino has stated that there is a player committee that decides what they wear each week. He stays completely out of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom