Uniforms | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms

again, the thing i find odd...is that miami, clemson, illinois & tennessee...off the top of my head...can ALL find a way to make ORANGE the dominant color in their football unis...but the Syracuse ORANGE...cant.

and they even moved to the all stupidblue in response to their ORANGE failure.

its like we are being totally mocked and laughed at.

and on here, the stupidblue Borg got to a bunch of folks, had them assimiliated and placed back out on the board posting how great it is.

just weird.
You see I blame management for this, Gross has done everything he can to strip away our identity and tradions . First ut was #44 then it was Orange rather than "Orangemen" I know there was something else but at the moment it escapes me. Oh,of course ,its the current subject at this time unis.
We need to get someone else in that job. OK Gross got us into the ACC for more $. Lets not forget the person who put the football program in the chess pool deep.It was his hiring of GRthat killed us. We have Shafer to try and put the pieces together on the orange Humpty Dumpty

Last edited:
Todd Gack said:
So true -- the local FOX station in DC just led off their broadcast on the issue. Everyone outside of CNY is talking about it.

Such as the article about ACC uni's and ours were rated the worst (maybe they were 2nd worst)?

rrlbees said:
Such as the article about ACC uni's and ours were rated the worst (maybe they were 2nd worst)?
Exactly. The last article ever written was on this issue. It's all the more impressive considering what Internet ink costs.

It's simple people don't like change.

Everyone keeps saying we need orange pants, or some sort of mismatching top and bottom. I posted before, but almost every single new uniform design of the past 2 years has had matching jerseys and pants. This isn't just a Syracuse thing, this is where the style has gone. There is a reason people have monthly subscriptions to magazines like GQ. They want to know what's in style TODAY, not what was in style in the mid 90's when we had the precious McNabb uniforms. Then again I am willing to bet a majority of the people posting in this thread don't get GQ, or can't tell you what the current style is. With that said I bet the age group, and a little younger, that is wearing the uniforms know what's fashionable and what's not.
I'm ok with change. Overall, I like the white uniforms. I'd like the numbers to be all orange. I like the gray uniforms as a change up, but would like to see how they'd look with orange numbers too. I think I'll like the orange uniforms if they're similar to Illinois'. I don't care for all blue because I think the color is too dark to be by itself. My only universal complaint with all of them is the numbers. I feel like there's a way to make them look modern with squishing the top half and elongating the bottom.

I love that fabric can elicit such a response. Fabric.
The response was less to fabric and more to the condescending nature with which you responded to someone's post.

sufandu said:
The response was less to fabric and more to the condescending nature with which you responded to someone's post.
And the Civil War was about states' rights. And I wasn't being condescending to OX, who's bar-none my favorite poster on this board.

For the record, I don't want all orange uniforms for football. Football uniforms that are all orange look pretty horrible to me. I like the white/blue jersey with the orange pants. That's just enough orange, and white or blue are much, MUCH better looking colors for a football jersey.

All orange for basketball is fine. But hell, even the Broncos orange jerseys are hideous to me. I greatly prefer their blue jerseys to the orange ones.

For the record, I don't want all orange uniforms for football. Football uniforms that are all orange look pretty horrible to me. I like the white/blue jersey with the orange pants. That's just enough orange, and white or blue are much, MUCH better looking colors for a football jersey.

All orange for basketball is fine. But hell, even the Broncos orange jerseys are hideous to me. I greatly prefer their blue jerseys to the orange ones.
Interesting. I've always been jealous of Clemson and Illinois when I've seen them in all orange. Not Tennessee so much. Their shade of orange is hideous.

Todd Gack said:
Exactly. The last article ever written was on this issue. It's all the more impressive considering what Internet ink costs.

So I guess you don't want to admit that other people may think our uniforms are bad and it's not just a segment of SU fans.

rrlbees said:
So I guess you don't want to admit that other people may think our uniforms are bad and it's not just a segment of SU fans.
I have no doubt that people -- including those who aren't SU fans -- think SU's uniforms are bad. I think there was a thread about it on here. Those people are silly too.

I found them boring personally.

I don't think the uniforms had anything direct correlation to how we played.

Yeah, I think that's right.

The uniforms did not affect the outcome of the game.

I think the point I was trying to make was that the uniforms were reflective of our play - a lot of BS with no substance.

I have no doubt that people -- including those who aren't SU fans -- think SU's uniforms are bad. I think there was a thread about it on here. Those people are silly too.

So, I wonder.

Do you think the Yankees should junk the pinstripes and just go to an all-blue home uniform?

OrangePA said:
So, I wonder. Do you think the Yankees should junk the pinstripes and just go to an all-blue home uniform?
I couldn't care less what the Yankees do. Moreover, SU isn't the Yankees -- not only because they can attract players by throwing wads of cash at them.

I really don't have that big a problem with the uniforms. I'm not the one wearing them, and the last time I checked, uniforms have never won a single football game.

But I will say this: the first time I saw the jerseys on sale I really, legitimately thought they were just absurdly overpriced t-shirts...

thumb.aspx
Funny that you posted this. We went to the SU Bookstore on Sunday before we headed back to NJ and they had one of these on the rack. There's no way that this could be even close to what they wear on the field. The material wasn't horrible but it didn't feel like a jersey and the numbers are the stupid iron on variety... Like a cheap Seaside boardwalk t-shirt. Now I don't think the new unis are terrible but there's no way I am paying for that crappy replica.

You just pointed out why there are so many if these threads and they escalate. My here are many people who like them, there are many that don't. There are some that think they are great, some think they are horrible. Each is an opinion like you say. But when someone expresses their opinion that they don't like them, there are these snarky comments about 3 year olds, you must be over 40, get with the times, old guys, etc. You just made a very reasonable post in your opinion, but compared someone that disagrees with a 3 year old.

I am over 40 and never said anything about anyone's age, you must be thinking of someone else and tagging me with that, and I did not compare someone who disagrees with me a 3 year old. I compared the need of people to constantly complain about the lack of orange in the unis to a 3 year old, knowing that it will accomplish nothing.

The difference is that 3 year olds don't know that it won't accomplish anything, the people here do know yet they complain away.

I am also very surprised that people can't see the numbers from the stands. I have terrible vision, wear contacts to correct and have no issue.

I said the exact same thing in another thread. But it gets lost in the noise of being over 40.

I would be in favor of both an Orange jersey and Orange pants (not together) and to my understanding they are coming from what many folks have said. Orange pants would be great, but right now we don't have them.

again, the thing i find odd...is that miami, clemson, illinois & tennessee...off the top of my head...can ALL find a way to make ORANGE the dominant color in their football unis...but the Syracuse ORANGE...cant.

and they even moved to the all stupidblue in response to their ORANGE failure.

its like we are being totally mocked and laughed at.

and on here, the stupidblue Borg got to a bunch of folks, had them assimiliated and placed back out on the board posting how great it is.

just weird.

How much orange was Miami wearing last weekend? Hint- there was almost no orange at all, but keep saying there was and it might come true.

I couldn't care less what the Yankees do. Moreover, SU isn't the Yankees -- not only because they can attract players by throwing wads of cash at them.
Well at least we have the skyline in common.

None of those are what they wore. Yep, no Orange at all.
upload_2014-9-4_22-10-45.jpeg

How much orange was Miami wearing last weekend? Hint- there was almost no orange at all, but keep saying there was and it might come true.
When did I say last weekend?

Hint- I didn't.

Do they have them?? Yes.

Do the supposed Orange have them? No.

Crusty said:
TRADITION > fad

That's true for people who have been fans for more than 10 years. But not so much for the players. The trend right now is to allow for the players to have a say in what they wear.

When did I say last weekend?

Hint- I didn't.

Do they have them?? Yes.

Do the supposed Orange have them? No.

I said last weekend and your picture was of a generic sort, maybe you missed the last weekend part of my post. I don't think they wore every uniform in your picture did they? Not sure what the point of you posting that image was at all quite frankly.

CuseOnly said:

I'm convinced there is a reason why we don't have orange unis yet. I really don't buy the "they weren't ready" excuse. I don't know what the reason is, but maybe it could be to force us to get used to solid color uniforms? If we had orange jersey and pants, now, most people would expect the team to wear the orange pants (like everyone is clamoring for in this thread).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom