Uniforms | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Uniforms

CuseOnly said:
I am over 40 and never said anything about anyone's age, you must be thinking of someone else and tagging me with that, and I did not compare someone who disagrees with me a 3 year old. I compared the need of people to constantly complain about the lack of orange in the unis to a 3 year old, knowing that it will accomplish nothing. The difference is that 3 year olds don't know that it won't accomplish anything, the people here do know yet they complain away. I am also very surprised that people can't see the numbers from the stands. I have terrible vision, wear contacts to correct and have no issue.

I didn't say you said anything about a persons age. I gave a few examples of what people have said. Including you. Bottom line is that for the most part, people who don't like them, attack the uniform or nike. Those who do like them, generally attack the posters who do.

Last edited:
I'm convinced there is a reason why we don't have orange unis yet. I really don't buy the "they weren't ready" excuse. I don't know what the reason is, but maybe it could be to force us to get used to solid color uniforms? If we had orange jersey and pants, now, most people would expect the team to wear the orange pants (like everyone is clamoring for in this thread).
The "not ready" would have us believe that Nike simply didn't have the horses to pull off putting orange on fabric. Oh my God Becky, we can't make those children work an extra shift - SU will have to wait, Right.

TheCusian said:
That's true for people who have been fans for more than 10 years. But not so much for the players. The trend right now is to allow for the players to have a say in what they wear.

Were they given choices? No. Do they all love them? No. The school chose to make the all blues the norm. Nike and the school agreed on the design.

image.jpg

CuseOnly said:
How much orange was Miami wearing last weekend? Hint- there was almost no orange at all, but keep saying there was and it might come true.

Are they the Miami Orange? Are the green ones now their home uni?

rrlbees said:
Were they given choices? No. Do they all love them? No. The school chose to make the all blues the norm. Nike and the school agreed on the design.

Captains decide what combo to wear each week.

Side note: The Louisville game is listed as an "orange out" ... That seems really dumb if the players won't be wearing at least orange pants. Could they surprise everyone with orange jerseys?

I didn't say you said anything about a persons age. I gave a few examples of what people have said. Including you. Bottom line is that for the most part, people who don't like them, attack the uniform or nike. Those who do like them, generally attack the posters who do.

On this I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't mean what I posted as an attack on the posters who don't like them, just the way in which they go about expressing their dislike and how often.

I am not in any way sticking up for Nike, I agree in some instances with what people have said about some of the uniforms. Just not these.

Are they the Miami Orange? Are the green ones now their home uni?

I was responding to a poster who said that Orange was Miami's dominant color and their lack of it.

TheCusian said:
Captains decide what combo to wear each week.

Not really. They don't have much choice. Can't wear white jerseys at home. Orange isn't an option. What else is there? Gray? Does it contrast enough with white as the NCAA requires? When Nike and the school held back anything orange , they pretty mug dictated what the home uni's would be.

Btw, since visitors have to wear white, you'll see white vs CMU. Not because the captains chose too.

TheCusian said:
Side note: The Louisville game is listed as an "orange out" ... That seems really dumb if the players won't be wearing at least orange pants. Could they surprise everyone with orange jerseys?

Funny of them to declare any game an orange out when they've decided orange isn't the norm.

rrlbees said:
Not really. They don't have much choice. Can't wear white jerseys at home. Orange isn't an option. What else is there? Gray? Does it contrast enough with white as the NCAA requires? When Nike and the school held back anything orange , they pretty mug dictated what the home uni's would be. Btw, since visitors have to wear white, you'll see white vs CMU. Not because the captains chose too.

That's not what the PS reported. The blue is the base color for home, but everything can be mixed and matched.

NCAA rule book states that you can wear white at home as long as both teams agree before the season.

For crying out loud. Orange is coming. Give me a break and worry about the actual team and its performance on the field.

SUFan44 said:
For crying out loud. Orange is coming. Give me a break and worry about the actual team and its performance on the field.

Orange should have been the first, not something coming later. That's the problem

TheCusian said:
That's not what the PS reported. The blue is the base color for home, but everything can be mixed and matched. NCAA rule book states that you can wear white at home as long as both teams agree before the season.

So we agreed with everyone preseason? Don't think so. That's for purposes of one offs.

SUFan44 said:

Yea, I was wondering why someone who likes the uni's started another thread.

How much orange was Miami wearing last weekend? Hint- there was almost no orange at all, but keep saying there was and it might come true.
Oh. I didn't realize Miami had changed their name to the Miami Orange.

Oh. I didn't realize Miami had changed their name to the Miami Orange.

You like a few others must have glossed over the post where someone else said Miami's dominant color was orange. I was proving that it isn't.

Not really. They don't have much choice. Can't wear white jerseys at home. Orange isn't an option. What else is there? Gray? Does it contrast enough with white as the NCAA requires? When Nike and the school held back anything orange , they pretty mug dictated what the home uni's would be.

Btw, since visitors have to wear white, you'll see white vs CMU. Not because the captains chose too.
just a question, we wore white at home through the 60's why can't we white at home?

You like a few others must have glossed over the post where someone else said Miami's dominant color was orange. I was proving that it isn't.
And I was responding to you statement"How much orange was Miami wearing last weekend?". The point being that other schools not named orange tend to have more orange in their uniforms than we do lately.

We've done that in other threads.

tipphill said:
just a question, we wore white at home through the 60's why can't we white at home?

Don't know when they put it in but the NCAA rule is that the visiting team in football wears white unless both teams agree otherwise before the season. It's just the opposite for college basketball.

I said last weekend and your picture was of a generic sort, maybe you missed the last weekend part of my post. I don't think they wore every uniform in your picture did they? Not sure what the point of you posting that image was at all quite frankly.

CuseOnly said:
youre really struggling with this arent you??

i did NOT post my initial thought in response to you, it stands alone in this thread.

i did NOT post a picture in response to anything you said.

i did NOT say Orange was miami's primary color, merely that they actually have an Orange uni and the Syracuse Orange do NOT.

and i do NOT like having to point out simple things to people, however on here...quite often i myself having to do so.

youre really struggling with this arent you??

i did NOT post my initial thought in response to you, it stands alone in this thread.

i did NOT post a picture in response to anything you said.

i did NOT say Orange was miami's primary color, merely that they actually have an Orange uni and the Syracuse Orange do NOT.

and i do NOT like having to point out simple things to people, however on here...quite often i [find] myself having to do so.

I don't like pointing out grammatical errors in sentences, either.

I don't like pointing out grammatical errors in sentences, either.
i do NOT like the grammer police.

that was established as a board no-no when clinton was president.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom