Unless JB Really Wants A Shooter On The Wing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Unless JB Really Wants A Shooter On The Wing

Seriously. I loved seeing them just go out and ball. Forget boxing things in. Just go play and get after it.
I’m still as tired of the 2-3 zone with rangy athletes who can’t shoot, pass, or dribble(something we haven’t even really seen since pre-ice cream sandwich era) as I was of watching Troy Nunes run the short side option.

Holy stale.

Give me allllll the Qaadir Copeland’s and Symir Torrence’s and let’s get crafty.

I’m still as tired of the 2-3 zone with rangy athletes who can’t shoot, pass, or dribble(something we haven’t even really seen since pre-interlude ice cream sandwich era) as I was of watching Troy Nunes run the short side option.

Holy stale.

Give me allllll the Qaadir Copeland’s and Symir Torrence’s and let’s get crafty.

Preach

I’m still as tired of the 2-3 zone with rangy athletes who can’t shoot, pass, or dribble(something we haven’t even really seen since pre-interlude ice cream sandwich era) as I was of watching Troy Nunes run the short side option.

Holy stale.

You have to be able to shoot to win in todays hoop. They aren't shooters. They both will be fine in limited roles.

Holy stale.

Love Symir, but he looks like the odd man out right now. I think Copeland and Taylor are ahead of him.

You have to be able to shoot to win in todays hoop. They aren't shooters. They both will be fine in limited roles.

Quadirs form looks workable. That tough runner from the baseline was pretty. He has to make some from deep though no doubt.

Love Symir, but he looks like the odd man out right now. I think Copeland and Taylor are ahead of him.
Maybe.

I just hope nobody is going 35 unless Jesse stays out of foul trouble.

Every game is different.

Jesse is our only proven 2 way stud.

Not sure I agree( yet). Seemed JB really wanted to see all the frosh run for a while early on and then when ready to let Symir go wild he got dinged up.

So many new pieces it's hard to figure where it all lands.

Not sure I agree( yet). Seemed JB really wanted to see all the frosh run for a while early on and then when ready to let Symir go wild he got dinged up.

So many new pieces it's hard to figure where it all lands.
Im thinking the 5 starters and Copeland/Taylor. I think Bunch may end up being a token starter around 10-15 mpg, but I do think there’s a role for Symir because I don’t think JB will trust copeland as the backup pg.

Girard will play 35. Mintz around 30. Edwards should play
all the minutes he can, but he won’t stay out of foul trouble.

It will be an 8 man rotation with the 3 bigs taking turns backing up Jesse.

I thought Taylor was good too especially in the first half. JB is going to start Bell though because he doesn’t like bringing designated shooters off the bench.

James Southerland would beg to differ.

And Bunch Bell looks like DirtySouth2.0 so far, including being 6’8”.
Of course, he’s shooting more like Buss at this point tho.

Went with 3 "shooters" last year and it was a blast!
Yes.

I guess that’s what I was driving at but you put it more succinctly….I’ll take guys who can do everything but shoot over guys who can only shoot, if it comes down to it. And b-ball IQ over everything.

The pair of games in the Clays are going to be a great barometer. Richmond is an average A10 team and Temple/St Johns are probably bubble teams.

We’re also going to go to Illinois and get our doors blown off but we won’t play a tougher road game after that. Nice learning experience for the young dudes early.

I’m really excited for the season.

The pair of games in the Clays are going to be a great barometer. Richmond is an average A10 team and Temple/St Johns are probably bubble teams.

We’re also going to go to Illinois and get our doors blown off but we won’t play a tougher road game after that. Nice learning experience for the young dudes early.

I’m really excited for the season.

The Illinois game is interesting. I don’t think we’ve played them since…I don’t want to talk about it.

Bell and Carey look to be the furthest behind. The other 4 frosh all showed some nice positives. Taylor isn't flashy but his size and fundamentals are impressive. Brown may be a better option behind Jesse for defense vs good offensive teams with his versatility plus he can finish.
I thought Carey showed great energy and promise. Hard to believe after his last two years. I like the options coach has. There will be games we miss last years shooting but this team could be exciting. Freshmen need to grow up fast.

The Illinois game is interesting. I don’t think we’ve played them since…I don’t want to talk about it.
…..96?

I remember smacking them in Hawaii or something before losing to UMass.

Beyond that they give us Alan Griffin(thanks?), and took Tommy DeVito(thanks!). What am I forgetting?

It sure seems like Quadir is the best option to start at the 3. Small sample size obviously but he looks like the best basketball player of Bell/Taylor/Himself. Nothing against the other two but man he just seems like a hooper.

Not the shooter like the other two but he put himself in position to grab rebounds tonight and you can tell he has a feel for the game offensively. Going to be hard to keep him off the floor.
I have thought from day 1 that he has enormous upside. Plus i like philly kids. They play with a swag that cant be taught.

…..96?

I remember smacking them in Hawaii or something before losing to UMass.

Beyond that they give us Alan Griffin(thanks?), and took Tommy DeVito(thanks!). What am I forgetting?

Whoops! Yeah 1995 was the last time.

In my opinion, Bell lacks a feel for the game. Copeland has it beyond anyone else on the team. Taylor has a good feel for the game. Bell doesn't seem to have any feel for the game. He doesn't know what a good shot is and he doesn't pass well. I think he can get there, but he must be one hell of a shooter in practice, because he should have been coming off the bench.
Agreed . Hes raw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom