Unless JB Really Wants A Shooter On The Wing | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Unless JB Really Wants A Shooter On The Wing

kcsu

Living Legend
Quadirs form looks workable. That tough runner from the baseline was pretty. He has to make some from deep though no doubt.
No he doesn't. Hes a baller, a creator and a scorer. Pearl couldn't shoot worth a bean and is as good a player as we have ever had. Copeland has a chance to be special.

Orangezoo

In the wind
No he doesn't. Hes a baller, a creator and a scorer. Pearl couldn't shoot worth a bean and is as good a player as we have ever had. Copeland has a chance to be special.

I agree he has that chance. Still think a 3 here and there will be a must in today's game to truly get to that point. Pearl played when the game was different.

315tillidie

2nd String
Benny mintz copeland Edwards girard. Man I hope we can create some static with these guys. I’m not holding my hopes high though

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Maybe.

I just hope nobody is going 35 unless Jesse stays out of foul trouble.

Every game is different.

Jesse is our only proven 2 way stud.
Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

kcsu

Living Legend
I agree he has that chance. Still think a 3 here and there will be a must in today's game to truly get to that point. Pearl played when the game was different.
I understand but ill take an all around talent like Copeland all day over a 1 dimensional player. Plus non of Bell or Taylor are lights out shooters. Bell will struggle to get his shot off against ACC defenders unless he can put it on the floor.
Cope,mintz, joe, benny edwards. Thats our 5

Orangezoo

In the wind
I understand but ill take an all around talent like Copeland all day over a 1 dimensional player. Plus non of Bell or Taylor are lights out shooters. Bell will struggle to get his shot off against ACC defenders unless he can put it on the floor.

JT and Sy super subs plus backup bigs rotation. I think Brown will have his say for minutes at times as a .5 too.

Bell a token starter

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I know he’s got “clout” but Joe was terrible tonight.

Terrible.

Exhibition or not, senior leader needs to bring it.

Cusefan0307

We would suck in the Big East too
Taylor is clearly a more rounded player than Bell.

Copeland is good, but you 100% know that’s not the lineup JB is going to roll with so I’m not sure why you’re doing this to yourself. He’s going to start Bell like it or not.

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Yes.

I guess that’s what I was driving at but you put it more succinctly….I’ll take guys who can do everything but shoot over guys who can only shoot, if it comes down to it. And b-ball IQ over everything.
Probably had 4+ guys who will end up coaching at some point on our team last year., IQ is overrated yet still needed.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Probably had 4+ guys who will end up coaching at some point on our team last year., IQ is overrated yet still needed.
Who? Maybe they knew what to do, but in actuality they mostly all played like morons. Josh Pace, Sherm Douglas, Z Sims, Griffin, Ennis….give me those guys.

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Who? Maybe they knew what to do, but in actuality they mostly all played like morons. Josh Pace, Sherm Douglas, Z Sims, Griffin, Ennis….give me those guys.
JBs three kids and Swider.

TheCusian

Living Legend

Copeland is good, but you 100% know that’s not the lineup JB is going to roll with so I’m not sure why you’re doing this to yourself. He’s going to start Bell like it or not.
Taylor looked noticeably less athletic than his fellow babies

kcsu

Living Legend

I know he will. And i will continue to post my two cents:)

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
I know he’s got “clout” but Joe was terrible tonight.

Terrible.

Exhibition or not, senior leader needs to bring it.

Terrible?? He started slow like the whole team did but he led the team in scoring and led the team in assists with 5 including 3 straight possessions mid 2nd half when we went from down 1 to up 6 then he scored 9 pts in the next 5 mins after that.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Terrible?? He started slow like the whole team did but he led the team in scoring and led the team in assists with 5 including 3 straight possessions mid 2nd half when we went from down 1 to up 6 then scored 9 pts in the next 5 mins after that.
1. What was his shooting %?

2. Defense?

kcsu

Living Legend
Terrible?? He started slow like the whole team did but he led the team in scoring and led the team in assists with 5 including 3 straight possessions mid 2nd half when we went from down 1 to up 6 then he scored 9 pts in the next 5 mins after that.
I thought Joe played really well. He played within himself, was super solid.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
5/12 and 3/8.

Didn’t really pay attention but didn’t notice anything “terrible”.

Doesn’t change any of the facts I posted.
He got it going for a stretch. Numbers are a little better than what I thought….was guessing 5-15ish.

Defense is what it is….but he does seem to crank it up when there’s 20,000 and he’s fired up.

Was hoping he’d find a way to bring that energy consistently, even when the crowd is dead and the game doesn’t “matter”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusenj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom